Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StGallsGAA

Derry are Tyrone's bitch. Roll over there Doire ye blade ye!

lenny

Quote from: ose 14 on October 15, 2015, 11:40:24 PM
glenman id of thought after last sunday you shouldnt be counting your eggs that quick.now going to meet derry in celtic park is probably as hard a place to go as ballybofey. i make this game 50/50. the derry defence will not fear tyrone and their lightweight attack. they have a better midfield and if they can find the right blend up front then they will fancy their chances. only for a tiernan mccann tripple salko with an inverted half pipe in the dying seconds in the league last year derry had the game won.

All the pressure will be on tyrone for this one after hartes controversial reappointment. Fair enough, last year was tyrones only decent run in the chapionship for 7 years but they never looked like beating any of the top teams and the also got relegated so it wasnt that great a season. The pressure therefore will be on to improve on last year and it is very questionable if tyrone have the quality to do that. I expect barton to revamp the derry panel and bring in a number of young players so not that much will be expected of them for a year or 2. Tyrone will be favourites and I expect they'll probably win but theyll need to or the fans will be on hartes back again.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: lenny on October 17, 2015, 10:01:05 AM
glenman id of thought after last sunday you shouldnt be counting your eggs that quick.now going to meet derry in celtic park is probably as hard a place to go as ballybofey. i make this game 50/50. the derry defence will not fear tyrone and their lightweight attack. they have a better midfield and if they can find the right blend up front then they will fancy their chances. only for a tiernan mccann tripple salko with an inverted half pipe in the dying seconds in the league last year derry had the game won.

All the pressure will be on tyrone for this one after hartes controversial reappointment. Fair enough, last year was tyrones only decent run in the chapionship for 7 years but they never looked like beating any of the top teams and the also got relegated so it wasnt that great a season. The pressure therefore will be on to improve on last year and it is very questionable if tyrone have the quality to do that. I expect barton to revamp the derry panel and bring in a number of young players so not that much will be expected of them for a year or 2. Tyrone will be favourites and I expect they'll probably win but theyll need to or the fans will be on hartes back again.

So if getting to the semi is a decent run in 2015. What do you call getting to the semi in 2013?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

GJL

Better midfield?  Really?

GlenMan

Well Done to the Masters. I take it they won't receive a real All Ireland medal due to the GAA not recognising the competition.

ose 14

no medals but they get a special certificate for not dying during play.
;D

GaelTheGael

I heard Johnny Munroe from Carrickmore has been called up to the senior panel after the league final on Sunday.
Any word on anyone else getting called up?

Gaafan2

Quote from: GaelTheGael on November 12, 2015, 12:58:38 PM
I heard Johnny Munroe from Carrickmore has been called up to the senior panel after the league final on Sunday.

Don't think he's strong enough or good enough for county football.

tv pundit

Quote from: gaafan2 on November 12, 2015, 03:08:04 PM

I think he is good enough

The Golden Years

Quote from: tv pundit on November 12, 2015, 03:16:48 PM

For someone to think that johnny munroe is not good enough or strong enough to play county football is ridiculous.  You havent seen him play much this year? Carrickmores best player by a long way (i know some of the smart assed knowledgeable people in this might say 'that wouldnt be hard').  I would have him on may team everyday day of the week over Aidan McCrory.

superstar_

Johnny Munroe probably is good enough player to make the squad but cant see an obvious role for him in the first team or off the bench, but this time last year i would have said something similiar about Rory Brennan, Conall McCann and Richie Donnelly when they were called up, so i will give him the benefit of the doubt.
Niall Sludden is bound to get a call up and hopefully Dwayne Quinn and PJ Laverty are brought back into the fold.
Kieran McGeary, Ruairi Mullan, Paudy Hampsey and Kieran McLaughlin also deserve the call up, although unfortunately cant see Hampsey getting the opportunity in the next two years anyway....

Gaafan2

Quote from: The Golden Years on November 12, 2015, 04:03:47 PM

For someone to think that johnny munroe is not good enough or strong enough to play county football is ridiculous.  You havent seen him play much this year? Carrickmores best player by a long way (i know some of the smart assed knowledgeable people in this might say 'that wouldnt be hard').  I would have him on may team everyday day of the week over Aidan McCrory.

Your looking through your carrickmore tinted glasses. I don't think it's ridiculous to say he's not good enough. As the previous poster stated, there's quite a few men who are more worthy of a call up. He never stood out as a future tyrone senior whilst playing for minors or u21s.

ose 14

munroe more than good enough to be in the panel. on form and was carmens best player by a mile last sunday.

Tyrone95

Quote from: gaafan2 on November 12, 2015, 10:30:35 PM
Quote from: The Golden Years on November 12, 2015, 04:03:47 PM

Your looking through your carrickmore tinted glasses. I don't think it's ridiculous to say he's not good enough. As the previous poster stated, there's quite a few men who are more worthy of a call up. He never stood out as a future tyrone senior whilst playing for minors or u21s.

Would you consider any of you're Greencastle men worthy of a Tyrone trial at the minute? That is if you can get them out of Eddie McCullaghs!

Gaffer

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"