Laois Senior Hurling Championship 2022

Started by Ogie, January 31, 2022, 02:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laois man

Why would Camross not be happy with the Ref??

georgedoylesrightleg

Quote from: Laois man on October 02, 2022, 07:58:30 AM
Why would Camross not be happy with the Ref??
auld wounds some times dont close fully

Laois man

Keyser Söze

After the way last years final finished, I'd imagine Ballacolla would have preferred the same ref again!

Interesting that Camross/Castletown rivalry mentioned.
But often in these cases people go out of their way to show they aren't taking sides!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Helix.

Quote from: Keyser Söze on October 02, 2022, 09:31:31 AM
After the way last years final finished, I'd imagine Ballacolla would have preferred the same ref again!

Interesting that Camross/Castletown rivalry mentioned.
But often in these cases people go out of their way to show they aren't taking sides!

Should be the makings of a good game regardless of referee. Both teams a point to prove and expect a big crowd in OMP. Will be watching on stream abroad and expect Clough Ballacolla to win by 5-6 points. A good win for their 2nd team last night in Intermediate final. Expect them to stay at premier intermediate for few years to come.

Abbeyleix to win by similar amount vs Clonaslee to bounce straight back up.

Keyser Söze

Definitely agree that CB's 2nd team will stay up at PIHC.

Spiritof86

Should be a decent final . Indications are Zane is carrying a injury but will be starting . Camross are set up extremely well and still I don't think C/B have reached the heights of previous years. The conversation about the referee appointment is irrelevant.
Camross to sneak it .

Keyser Söze

16 mins gone.
0-7 to 0-4
But I think goals are going to come for Camross based on what's happening so far!

Helix.

Looks like game over at half time.

Clough Ballacolla purple patch last 7-8 minutes has done well. Great save from Dunne in goals.

Camross will need a fast start in 2nd half to have any sort of chance!

Keyser Söze

Looks that way.
It certainly didn't go how I thought it would.
CB goal chance came out of nowhere.

Helix.

A very comfortable win for Clough Ballacolla by all accounts. Never looked like losing all the way through.

Seemed to get all their match ups right, particularly in the backs; bringing back in Willie Hyland and Tom Delaney were a mastertroke, nullified ball winners for Camross on their puckouts. Darren Maher was very good in defence.

That said Camross were poor overall, never got going and reliant on frees to keep tipping over.

Clough Ballacolla will be hoping to at least make another Leinster club final if they keep injury free.
Good week for them across winning intermediate last night and now this.

As Meatloaf once said "Two out of three ain't bad"  8)

burdizzo

Quote from: Keyser Söze on October 02, 2022, 04:42:12 PM
Looks that way.

It was a nice little dink through from young Cillian Dunne, though! Camross should have had a couple of goals, at least - Collier missing the best of the chances. But Ballacolla were good enough at dragging down the runners, as well! Dunphy on absolute fire in the first half, and Picky and Darren Maher not too bad, either.

Camross gave a bit of timber just after conceding that goal, but it was pointless really, as they were very much outclassed. Fair play to Ballacolla - two significant adult titles this year, and still in the minor final to play. It's not all that long ago they were a mediocre club, but they've left nearly everyone else well behind. And as for these amalgamations? Borris-Kilcotton, Colt-Shanahoe, Park-Timahoe? Not really doing the business these days, either, eh? I don't really think it's the answer.

Spiritof86

C/B by far the deserving winners . Camross never got going and match was realistically over by half time . Starting Hyland and the positioning of him definitely was a factor throughout. Hope Willie Dunphy gives the county one more craic this year .
Hope C/B give Leinster a good rattle . A bit of a wait now until they meet the Dublin champions on November 13th I believe.

Laoisred

Isn't Clough-Ballacolla an amalgamation? They don't seem to be doing too bad to me....

clonadmad

Quote from: burdizzo on October 02, 2022, 05:53:43 PM
Quote from: Keyser Söze on October 02, 2022, 04:42:12 PM
Looks that way.

It was a nice little dink through from young Cillian Dunne, though! Camross should have had a couple of goals, at least - Collier missing the best of the chances. But Ballacolla were good enough at dragging down the runners, as well! Dunphy on absolute fire in the first half, and Picky and Darren Maher not too bad, either.

Camross gave a bit of timber just after conceding that goal, but it was pointless really, as they were very much outclassed. Fair play to Ballacolla - two significant adult titles this year, and still in the minor final to play. It's not all that long ago they were a mediocre club, but they've left nearly everyone else well behind. And as for these amalgamations? Borris-Kilcotton, Colt-Shanahoe, Park-Timahoe? Not really doing the business these days, either, eh? I don't really think it's the answer.

Clough Ballacolla are an amalgamation similar to those clubs you highlighted as are Rathdowney Errill