Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lár na páirce 1

And enjoyable listen and long may it continue

Saul goodman

Quote from: JimStynes on October 04, 2022, 12:35:24 PM
Quote from: delgany on October 04, 2022, 11:53:52 AM
Quote from: Mickey Linden on October 04, 2022, 11:21:31 AM
Many here listen to the Saffron Voice? They getting much traction with it?
Its entertaining enough. The two lads add a bit of character and craic . The instagram account was good craic, cutting the tripe out different players and managers! They have a reasonably good knowledge of the club scene

It's more or a laugh than anything AS SUCH. They cover some amount of games to be fair to them. I love the slagging they give the county board.

The only thing I can fault them on is them saying aghagallon is down the soldierstown road- not many aghagallon gaa men hail from that part of town! other than that thy are pretty spot on. They did a few good episodes reviewing Ulster club champo last year good content and banter

EOC1923

Quote from: Saul goodman on October 05, 2022, 08:02:51 PM
Its entertaining enough. The two lads add a bit of character and craic . The instagram account was good craic, cutting the tripe out different players and managers! They have a reasonably good knowledge of the club scene

It's more or a laugh than anything AS SUCH. They cover some amount of games to be fair to them. I love the slagging they give the county board.

The only thing I can fault them on is them saying aghagallon is down the soldierstown road- not many aghagallon gaa men hail from that part of town! other than that thy are pretty spot on. They did a few good episodes reviewing Ulster club champo last year good content and banter
Is the Soldierstown the Shankill end of Aghagallon Saul 🤣

delgany

Quote from: EOC1923 on October 05, 2022, 08:28:35 PM

Saffron Voice has 2500 followers !
Looking a wee bit of support/ sponsors  now. Hope they dont get over stretched

Kidder81

Had a look at saffron vision earlier and see that Dunloy v St John's on Sunday was £6 for a game being shown deferred later that evening, fuckin chancers

JimStynes

Quote from: EOC1923 on October 05, 2022, 08:28:35 PM

It's Aghalee. Not an aghagallon man from there at all.

Lár na páirce 1

Only thing that matters is what road the paddy McNamee Cup is up on Sunday evening

Milltown Row2

Was at Dunsilly tonight and a great night of games for the year ten schools that played .. well done to the organisers and kids/coaches .. one thing that struck me, in 50 minutes I'd ran 3.5 miles, that's further that some senior championship games this year for 60+ minutes
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tyrdub

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 05, 2022, 11:26:34 PM
Was at Dunsilly tonight and a great night of games for the year ten schools that played .. well done to the organisers and kids/coaches .. one thing that struck me, in 50 minutes I'd ran 3.5 miles, that's further that some senior championship games this year for 60+ minutes

Is that not saying more about you than  about the standard of the football?? ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tyrdub on October 06, 2022, 08:08:19 AM

If a team plays lateral football I can't just go for a jog lol!

Was great to hear the school coaches (who are senior club coaches btw) shouting "attack, push forward put them under pressure press the kick outs"....
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

barnish oggie

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 06, 2022, 08:47:01 AM

Was great to hear the school coaches (who are senior club coaches btw) shouting "attack, push forward put them under pressure press the kick outs"....

you are right, it was good to hear, although that may be in part due to the poor kick outs.

St Louis got themselves in trouble a fair few times with their kick outs, as the wee lad could only kick out of his hands and wasn't all that accurate with them.

A good show though and some quality players coming through.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: barnish oggie on October 06, 2022, 12:03:03 PM

you are right, it was good to hear, although that may be in part due to the poor kick outs.

St Louis got themselves in trouble a fair few times with their kick outs, as the wee lad could only kick out of his hands and wasn't all that accurate with them.

Was a 2 point game at one point in the second half and unfortunately for them they didnt kick on.

There are more games tonight I hear, Gaelfast were all over it last night so things are making some progress which can only be a good thing, plus it was streamed on FB

outinfront

Does anyone know if tonight's SHIELD final is also going to be streamed (I know Cup Final is)?

Also, will the Antrim JFC final be streamed on Friday?

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 06, 2022, 12:09:24 PM
Quote from: barnish oggie on October 06, 2022, 12:03:03 PM

Was a 2 point game at one point in the second half and unfortunately for them they didnt kick on.

There are more games tonight I hear, Gaelfast were all over it last night so things are making some progress which can only be a good thing, plus it was streamed on FB

FB stream was a great idea.

bannside

Was up at Dunsilly watching both year 10 finals, well done to all involved. This is a great start to an initiative that can only grow and hopefully evolve into something that every school in Antrim aspires too. Well done Paddy Kelly and everyone else involved. From small acorns and all that....