Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Quote from: Lár na páirce 1 on October 02, 2022, 09:42:47 PM
On my way to Mass this morning I decided to call in to watch our boys train for fews minutes there were more men standing about than training seems a lengthy injury list to contend with before Sundays final
Can't see us being anywhere close to full strength unfortunately for the big one going by that evidence 😞🙏

Sure you've enough for 3 teams.

Hoof Hearted

Saw a good few in owenbeg this evening,  said they were eyeing up their potential ulster semi final opponents
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

paddyjohn

I'm going for a

Cargin, Glenravel and O'Donnells treble.

stiffler

On my way to Mass this morning I decided to call in to watch our boys train for fews minutes there were more men standing about than training seems a lengthy injury list to contend with before Sundays final
Can't see us being anywhere close to full strength unfortunately for the big one going by that evidence 😞🙏

Saving themselves for the tougher challenges that lie ahead.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Saul goodman

Quote from: stiffler on October 02, 2022, 10:38:55 PM

Saving themselves for the tougher challenges that lie ahead.

I was always of the view good players don't need to train

Mickey Linden

Many here listen to the Saffron Voice? They getting much traction with it?

delgany

Quote from: Mickey Linden on October 04, 2022, 11:21:31 AM
Its entertaining enough. The two lads add a bit of character and craic . The instagram account was good craic, cutting the tripe out different players and managers! They have a reasonably good knowledge of the club scene

JimStynes

Quote from: delgany on October 04, 2022, 11:53:52 AM
Quote from: Mickey Linden on October 04, 2022, 11:21:31 AM
Its entertaining enough. The two lads add a bit of character and craic . The instagram account was good craic, cutting the tripe out different players and managers! They have a reasonably good knowledge of the club scene

It's more or a laugh than anything AS SUCH. They cover some amount of games to be fair to them. I love the slagging they give the county board.

NatSoSaff

Anything to promote the games in Antrim is positive. Fair play to the 2 lads, it's an enjoyable listen and they have a good breadth of knowledge across senior, intermediate and junior. What clubs do they hail from themselves? I assume a southwest outfit AS SSUCCH?

imtommygunn

Who are they? Dessie Donnelly's son (I think his son anyway) from Ballycastle used to do this I think? I wasn't sure who else.

EOC1923

Its pretty good entertainment and at the back of it all they aren't far wrong in their analysis before and after games about everything from referees to players to managers. All levels covered minor, junior, intermediate and senior as suchhhh

Milltown Row2

Quote from: EOC1923 on October 04, 2022, 02:53:04 PM
Its pretty good entertainment and at the back of it all they aren't far wrong in their analysis before and after games about everything from referees to players to managers. All levels covered minor, junior, intermediate and senior as suchhhh

Listen to one of the podcasts today, actually never listened to a podcast or in this case two blokes with funny accents talking about the games they watch ;)

Fair play to them will listen to the rest of them when I've a hour to spare!! Neither hiding anonymously either which is great to see
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

I find them quite hard to listen to tbh. That over exaggerated accent is cringeworthy at best.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on October 04, 2022, 08:29:43 PM
I find them quite hard to listen to tbh. That over exaggerated accent is cringeworthy at best.

They are obviously laying it on thick ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 04, 2022, 08:50:07 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on October 04, 2022, 08:29:43 PM

They are obviously laying it on thick ;)

Fair play to them, the content and the effort that has went into the podcasts has to be applauded.