Author Topic: Antrim Football Thread  (Read 4248257 times)

NatSoSaff

• View Profile
Re: Antrim Football Thread
« Reply #27345 on: September 21, 2022, 10:57:01 AM »
There are enough adequate club grounds in Belfast and the non-city clubs that have proved in past years they can successfully host double headers. This bulls*&^t about having to hand over gate receipts to clubs for the use is just crap. A small nominal fee should be issued to clubs and County board pocket the rest. Is this all just down to sheer appalling management, or am I missing something here?

geezer

• View Profile
« Reply #27346 on: September 21, 2022, 11:18:39 AM »
Money grabbing exercise. Nothing more, nothing less.

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #27347 on: September 21, 2022, 11:30:47 AM »
Ladies county board charging £10 in to an intermediate final and £5 for Un16s..

Seems the greed goes everywhere.

Caesar

• View Profile
« Reply #27348 on: September 21, 2022, 12:36:28 PM »
The fact that the county board invested heavily in the facilities at Corrigan Park only for St Johns club to refuse the county access last year was ridiculous!

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #27349 on: September 21, 2022, 12:51:30 PM »
The fact that the county board invested heavily in the facilities at Corrigan Park only for St Johns club to refuse the county access last year was ridiculous!

Why did they refuse?

EOC1923

• View Profile
« Reply #27350 on: September 21, 2022, 02:59:53 PM »
On a different topic, the Irish News really has gradually turned into a woeful newspaper. For example Com Cavanagh's column today, some of the most boring drivel you are ever likely to read.

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #27351 on: September 21, 2022, 03:47:06 PM »
On a different topic, the Irish News really has gradually turned into a woeful newspaper. For example Com Cavanagh's column today, some of the most boring drivel you are ever likely to read.

Lost all respect for that family when Sean talked about up here in the UK.

Soup taker.

RandyDupree

• View Profile
« Reply #27352 on: September 21, 2022, 11:17:15 PM »
Gentlemen, where is creggan Vs cargin taking place this Saturday at 5pm? Is there a match on beforehand? And how does one obtain tickets? Much appreciated

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #27353 on: September 22, 2022, 08:10:17 AM »

Soup taker.

You can hardly blame the whole family.

the game is at Dunsilly Randy. No games beforehand because that's not what the county board do.... There's a game at 1 if you want to hang about.

Tickets: https://t.co/kCgstLdGE1

NatSoSaff

• View Profile
« Reply #27354 on: September 22, 2022, 10:53:02 AM »
Who reared him? I blame the parents  :P

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #27355 on: September 22, 2022, 10:56:19 AM »

Soup taker.

You can hardly blame the whole family.

the game is at Dunsilly Randy. No games beforehand because that's not what the county board do.... There's a game at 1 if you want to hang about.

Tickets: https://t.co/kCgstLdGE1

I wouldn’t of set foot in my parish never mind house again if I’d of said that so it’s the parents fault 🤣🤣

AntrimRealist

• View Profile
« Reply #27356 on: September 22, 2022, 01:01:52 PM »
Apart from a final between two well supported clubs there isn't much to be made in any other championship game by clubs. Dunsilly is now an impressive venue, don't blame Antrim for wanting to host games there now.
Impressive? Really?  Perhaps adding somewhere for people to actually sit down to watch a game might be a start.....

EOC1923

• View Profile
« Reply #27357 on: September 22, 2022, 01:28:43 PM »
Not sure if you noticed but Casement closed in 2012 along with anywhere to sit down and watch a game in Antrim. Corrigan is there now with a stand (couldn't tell you what is going on with the politics of that and why games aren't there), but I standby what I said Dunsilly is a good venue to watch a game, very few games in Antrim need a bigger venue.

AntrimRealist

• View Profile
« Reply #27358 on: September 22, 2022, 01:45:14 PM »
Not sure if you noticed but Casement closed in 2012 along with anywhere to sit down and watch a game in Antrim. Corrigan is there now with a stand (couldn't tell you what is going on with the politics of that and why games aren't there), but I standby what I said Dunsilly is a good venue to watch a game, very few games in Antrim need a bigger venue.
Thanks for the info about Casement - I wasn't aware.  Any venue without a seat isn't good enough imho - perhaps that will change in time.

EOC1923

• View Profile
« Reply #27359 on: September 22, 2022, 01:53:54 PM »
You may register your complaint about not getting a seat with the people who decided to close Casement. Just stating Dunsilly as a ground is adequate for any Antrim club game. With improvements still to be made on toilets changing rooms etc