Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

Quote from: EOC1923 on September 21, 2022, 02:59:53 PM
On a different topic, the Irish News really has gradually turned into a woeful newspaper. For example Com Cavanagh's column today, some of the most boring drivel you are ever likely to read.

Lost all respect for that family when Sean talked about up here in the UK.

Soup taker.

RandyDupree

Gentlemen, where is creggan Vs cargin taking place this Saturday at 5pm? Is there a match on beforehand? And how does one obtain tickets? Much appreciated

imtommygunn

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 21, 2022, 03:47:06 PM
On a different topic, the Irish News really has gradually turned into a woeful newspaper. For example Com Cavanagh's column today, some of the most boring drivel you are ever likely to read.

Soup taker.

You can hardly blame the whole family.

the game is at Dunsilly Randy. No games beforehand because that's not what the county board do.... There's a game at 1 if you want to hang about.

Tickets: https://t.co/kCgstLdGE1

NatSoSaff

Who reared him? I blame the parents  :P

paddyjohn

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 22, 2022, 08:10:17 AM
Quote from: paddyjohn on September 21, 2022, 03:47:06 PM

Soup taker.

You can hardly blame the whole family.

the game is at Dunsilly Randy. No games beforehand because that's not what the county board do.... There's a game at 1 if you want to hang about.

Tickets: https://t.co/kCgstLdGE1

I wouldn't of set foot in my parish never mind house again if I'd of said that so it's the parents fault 🤣🤣

AntrimRealist

Quote from: EOC1923 on September 20, 2022, 04:01:59 PM
Apart from a final between two well supported clubs there isn't much to be made in any other championship game by clubs. Dunsilly is now an impressive venue, don't blame Antrim for wanting to host games there now.
Impressive? Really?  Perhaps adding somewhere for people to actually sit down to watch a game might be a start.....

EOC1923

Not sure if you noticed but Casement closed in 2012 along with anywhere to sit down and watch a game in Antrim. Corrigan is there now with a stand (couldn't tell you what is going on with the politics of that and why games aren't there), but I standby what I said Dunsilly is a good venue to watch a game, very few games in Antrim need a bigger venue.

AntrimRealist

Quote from: EOC1923 on September 22, 2022, 01:28:43 PM
Not sure if you noticed but Casement closed in 2012 along with anywhere to sit down and watch a game in Antrim. Corrigan is there now with a stand (couldn't tell you what is going on with the politics of that and why games aren't there), but I standby what I said Dunsilly is a good venue to watch a game, very few games in Antrim need a bigger venue.
Thanks for the info about Casement - I wasn't aware.  Any venue without a seat isn't good enough imho - perhaps that will change in time.

EOC1923

You may register your complaint about not getting a seat with the people who decided to close Casement. Just stating Dunsilly as a ground is adequate for any Antrim club game. With improvements still to be made on toilets changing rooms etc

barnish oggie

Quote from: EOC1923 on September 22, 2022, 01:53:54 PM
You may register your complaint about not getting a seat with the people who decided to close Casement. Just stating Dunsilly as a ground is adequate for any Antrim club game. With improvements still to be made on toilets changing rooms etc

A concrete terrace along that grass bank would have been an idea though....

JimStynes

I remember the good old days of Casement and it packed out on county final day......
At least we could get sitting down though.

EOC1923

If the new stadium ever gets finished (or started) don't panic there will be at least 30,000 spare seats on county final day.

Sportacus

Quote from: JimStynes on September 22, 2022, 02:39:10 PM
I remember the good old days of Casement and it packed out on county final day......
Packed out on county final day?  That's a bit of an exaggeration!

JimStynes

Quote from: Sportacus on September 22, 2022, 05:43:03 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on September 22, 2022, 02:39:10 PM
Packed out on county final day?  That's a bit of an exaggeration!

I was taking the piss! People think if Casement is built they're going to have all this great parking and the place will be packed. I actually always found Casement a crap place to watch a match as the atmosphere was lost in the size of the place. Only ever really saw it packed on a handful of occasions in the Ulster championship. The playing surface was amazing though. My favourite place to watch and play a match is Glenavy. Dunsilly is very good too for all the complaining about it.

Spike

Dunsilly  with a concrete stand and toilet facilities would be good.  thought ballymena should have made a go at something or Cargin as part of their new set up