Author Topic: Antrim Football Thread  (Read 4367825 times)

imtommygunn

• View Profile
Re: Antrim Football Thread
« Reply #27600 on: October 04, 2022, 12:56:10 PM »
Who are they? Dessie Donnelly's son (I think his son anyway) from Ballycastle used to do this I think? I wasn't sure who else.

EOC1923

• View Profile
« Reply #27601 on: October 04, 2022, 02:53:04 PM »
Its pretty good entertainment and at the back of it all they aren't far wrong in their analysis before and after games about everything from referees to players to managers. All levels covered minor, junior, intermediate and senior as suchhhh
« Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 03:21:58 PM by EOC1923 »

Milltown Row2

• Catch yourself on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27602 on: October 04, 2022, 05:06:36 PM »
Its pretty good entertainment and at the back of it all they aren't far wrong in their analysis before and after games about everything from referees to players to managers. All levels covered minor, junior, intermediate and senior as suchhhh

Listen to one of the podcasts today, actually never listened to a podcast or in this case two blokes with funny accents talking about the games they watch ;)

Fair play to them will listen to the rest of them when I’ve a hour to spare!! Neither hiding anonymously either which is great to see
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #27603 on: October 04, 2022, 08:29:43 PM »
I find them quite hard to listen to tbh. That over exaggerated accent is cringeworthy at best.

Milltown Row2

• Catch yourself on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27604 on: October 04, 2022, 08:50:07 PM »
I find them quite hard to listen to tbh. That over exaggerated accent is cringeworthy at best.

They are obviously laying it on thick ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #27605 on: October 04, 2022, 10:04:32 PM »

They are obviously laying it on thick ;)

Fair play to them, the content and the effort that has went into the podcasts has to be applauded.

Lár na páirce 1

• View Profile
« Reply #27606 on: October 04, 2022, 11:05:05 PM »
And enjoyable listen and long may it continue

Saul goodman

• View Profile
« Reply #27607 on: October 05, 2022, 08:02:51 PM »
Many here listen to the Saffron Voice? They getting much traction with it?
Its entertaining enough. The two lads add a bit of character and craic . The instagram account was good craic, cutting the tripe out different players and managers! They have a reasonably good knowledge of the club scene

It’s more or a laugh than anything AS SUCH. They cover some amount of games to be fair to them. I love the slagging they give the county board.

The only thing I can fault them on is them saying aghagallon is down the soldierstown road- not many aghagallon gaa men hail from that part of town! other than that thy are pretty spot on. They did a few good episodes reviewing Ulster club champo last year good content and banter

EOC1923

• View Profile
« Reply #27608 on: October 05, 2022, 08:28:35 PM »
Its entertaining enough. The two lads add a bit of character and craic . The instagram account was good craic, cutting the tripe out different players and managers! They have a reasonably good knowledge of the club scene

It’s more or a laugh than anything AS SUCH. They cover some amount of games to be fair to them. I love the slagging they give the county board.

The only thing I can fault them on is them saying aghagallon is down the soldierstown road- not many aghagallon gaa men hail from that part of town! other than that thy are pretty spot on. They did a few good episodes reviewing Ulster club champo last year good content and banter
Is the Soldierstown the Shankill end of Aghagallon Saul 🤣

delgany

• View Profile
« Reply #27609 on: October 05, 2022, 08:53:14 PM »

Saffron Voice has 2500 followers !
Looking a wee bit of support/ sponsors  now. Hope they dont get over stretched

Kidder81

• View Profile
« Reply #27610 on: October 05, 2022, 10:14:33 PM »
Had a look at saffron vision earlier and see that Dunloy v St John’s on Sunday was £6 for a game being shown deferred later that evening, fuckin chancers

JimStynes

• View Profile
« Reply #27611 on: October 05, 2022, 10:27:40 PM »

It’s Aghalee. Not an aghagallon man from there at all.

Lár na páirce 1

• View Profile
« Reply #27612 on: October 05, 2022, 11:14:43 PM »
Only thing that matters is what road the paddy McNamee Cup is up on Sunday evening

Milltown Row2

• Catch yourself on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27613 on: October 05, 2022, 11:26:34 PM »
Was at Dunsilly tonight and a great night of games for the year ten schools that played .. well done to the organisers and kids/coaches .. one thing that struck me, in 50 minutes I’d ran 3.5 miles, that’s further that some senior championship games this year for 60+ minutes

Tyrdub

• View Profile
« Reply #27614 on: October 06, 2022, 08:08:19 AM »
Was at Dunsilly tonight and a great night of games for the year ten schools that played .. well done to the organisers and kids/coaches .. one thing that struck me, in 50 minutes I’d ran 3.5 miles, that’s further that some senior championship games this year for 60+ minutes

Is that not saying more about you than  about the standard of the football?? ;D