Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

country bumpkin

Quote from: Mickey Linden on September 26, 2022, 09:35:49 AM
Quote from: country bumpkin on September 26, 2022, 09:08:38 AM
Quote from: Caesar on September 26, 2022, 08:46:32 AM
We certainly got value for money from the games this weekend! Both senior games enthralling contests that went right to the wire.

Commiserations to both Creggan and PG1. It will be a tough one for both teams to take but both teams will be back strong again next year.

Congratulations and good luck to both Cargin and Aghagallon in the final.

So despite all the great and good (referees) gathered on the Dunsilly pitch on Saturday evening none of those eagle eyed individuals saw that a mistake was made when C Mc D theatrically brandished that red card in front of Pat Shivers.

Leaving Cargin to get on with it a man down in a gut sapping extra twenty minutes...

I thought Cargin lined out with 15 in extra time? Was it not Creggan who were a man down when Ruairi McCann was black carded?
And you thougt wrong......did you miss the ref brandishing the red card like a matador to big Pat.....Ruairi Mc Cann's black card kept him out for ten mns.
Cargin were down a man for the duration.......

EOC1923

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 26, 2022, 09:42:37 AM
We certainly got value for money from the games this weekend! Both senior games enthralling contests that went right to the wire.

Commiserations to both Creggan and PG1. It will be a tough one for both teams to take but both teams will be back strong again next year.

So despite all the great and good (referees) gathered on the Dunsilly pitch on Saturday evening none of those eagle eyed individuals saw that a mistake was made when C Mc D theatrically brandished that red card in front of Pat Shivers.

Leaving Cargin to get on with it a man down in a gut sapping extra twenty minutes...

I thought Cargin lined out with 15 in extra time? Was it not Creggan who were a man down when Ruairi McCann was black carded?

I missed what happened with Shivers but they talked in extra time (what I saw) commentary that Cargin were 14 men. Then McCann got black card and they said 14 against 15 so I got very confused ll.

EOC how many yards did McNabb get on that free to equalise and what about the stone wall free from the 13 for creggan in the 62nd minute...

I agree on Ricky Johnston black too btw. I didn't see Shivers. Not sure on Marty so either didn't see it or don't agree.
Honestly didn't notice the yards stealing by John. But yes there was one period towards the end of normal time in the far left corner from the grass bank where Creggan had at least 4 frees in a row not awarded to them, it was carnage and the referee had lost complete control.

AntrimRealist

Quote from: Sportacus on September 25, 2022, 08:33:17 PM
Devastating for Portglenone but they were too clever for their own good today. Going down after frees, slow coming out after the breaks, generally trying to run the clock down and didn't go for the throat when the goal chance was there.  Never say never from Aghagallon.  Referee blew his whistle far too much today, mostly for the team in yellow.  Interesting final now.
Portglenone were naive late on - once the ball went into the square for the winning goal, it should have been snuffed out.  3 men around the man and he still got the ball laid off...

barnish oggie

Quote from: country bumpkin on September 26, 2022, 09:52:13 AM

And you thougt wrong......did you miss the ref brandishing the red card like a matador to big Pat.....Ruairi Mc Cann's black card kept him out for ten mns.

I think the understanding was that a red for an incident in normal time means you can replace the man for extra time.

That red was given at the start of extra time didn't matter.

It did look like Cargin had thrown a sub on, nr 27 i think, in place of Pat but maybe he replaced someone else.

NatSoSaff

I thought Sean Laverty refereed the game very well. It's hard to be too critical of PG1 in my opinion. They looked the better side for the majority of the game. I think John McKeever has certainly brought them on this year and from a neutrals point of view, I would hope he stays on with the team and continues to develop them. Himself and the lads must be completely sick this morning. Football is cruel. Big Niall must be kicking himself he didn't round the keeper for an easy goal rather than a point towards the end of normal time that would have put them 7 up! Aghagallon must be credited though. They are very dangerous on the counter attack and have quality footballers in the final third. They will need all of those lads to step things up in the final for 60 minutes as opposed to 15-20 minutes if they are to make a good go of it however.

asaffgael

A bit like your reporting, inaccurate as usual. pat got red card at end of normal game so Cargan we're able to return to 15 for the new game of extra time. Anyone knows that if you have a man sent off you return to the 15 for extra time.

Just like Armagh v Galway, both were up to 15 but just not the two players who had been sent off.

imtommygunn

Quote from: EOC1923 on September 26, 2022, 09:55:53 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on September 26, 2022, 09:42:37 AM

I missed what happened with Shivers but they talked in extra time (what I saw) commentary that Cargin were 14 men. Then McCann got black card and they said 14 against 15 so I got very confused ll.

EOC how many yards did McNabb get on that free to equalise and what about the stone wall free from the 13 for creggan in the 62nd minute...

I agree on Ricky Johnston black too btw. I didn't see Shivers. Not sure on Marty so either didn't see it or don't agree.
Honestly didn't notice the yards stealing by John. But yes there was one period towards the end of normal time in the far left corner from the grass bank where Creggan had at least 4 frees in a row not awarded to them, it was carnage and the referee had lost complete control.

There were at least 3 occasions with the control thing. He stole a lot of yards - wouldn't have mattered out the pitch but definitely made that free a lot more scorable.

So Cargin had 15 in ET then? If it was normal time then they had to go back to 15. I don't recall it in normal time though. I am more confused than I was before lol.

asaffgael

Yes they had. The red card was issued just before the start of ET but it is deemed part of original game. Same as the Armagh v Galway fiasco

asaffgael

The incident I mean was deemed part of the original game.

Spike

a lot of bewildering calls. the clear penalty Cargin should have had in the first half when he pulled it back and gave a 21 yard free instead for a minor incident on the previous passer. Strange. Black and yellow card decisions completely inconsistent.   How PG1 have any complaints about Snoop is beyond me.  Aghagallon's elation conveniently masks any feelings of being aggrieved

imtommygunn

Quote from: asaffgael on September 26, 2022, 10:19:01 AM
Yes they had. The red card was issued just before the start of ET but it is deemed part of original game. Same as the Armagh v Galway fiasco

Ah. I am not doubting you - I had no idea what was going on and am never too sure how accurate some things I read here are haha.

Lár na páirce 1

If Cargin had have had shivers on the teamsheet for extra time they'd have ended up playing with 14 but that cargin management team are cuter than that.
Disgraceful call from the umpire going by the video of the incident I'm sure Pat will be free to play in County final.

Mickey Linden

yes seen the red card. i was at the match. It was between full time and extra time tho. Cargin played all of et with 15 men. Creggan played with 14 after Ruairi McCann was sent off. Were u at the match?

Would ye whist

Might be the reporter has an issue with being further away from the pitch than usual as he now has a problem with him and inside the wire after congratulating the officials after the LD game  ;D

JimStynes

We've still a relegation playoff to play at some stage as well!