Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Quote from: whatwillbwillb on September 26, 2022, 07:27:02 AM
And young AL couldn't make a county team in Antrim with the last 2 managers!!! Jesus Wept

Ruairi McCann is the bigger mystery to me! Wasn't even good enough for the panel of 30!

EOC1923

That was more a fault on his part from what I hear, but by all means wouldn't it be great to see him in the Antrim senior team.

JimStynes

Quote from: EOC1923 on September 26, 2022, 07:47:47 AM
That was more a fault on his part from what I hear, but by all means wouldn't it be great to see him in the Antrim senior team.

Ruairi or Adam?

EOC1923

AL, I just heard the attitude wasn't great back then. Strong player I hope he gets involved and sticks at it.

country bumpkin

Quote from: whatwillbwillb on September 26, 2022, 07:27:02 AM
And young AL couldn't make a county team in Antrim with the last 2 managers!!! Jesus Wept

Have admired Adam L since his minor days but he did leave the senior panel this year by choice.....was he not heading to USA....?

country bumpkin

Quote from: Would ye whist on September 25, 2022, 11:19:03 PM
After being at all games (bar junior) this weekend i have to ask are we that short in officials that a referee who was banned 3 year ago was:

1. Umpire for Cargin v Creggan and from what I am told got Big Pat sent off and the wrong Cargin man black carded
2. Was linesman ay both the intermediate and senior semi final today in Dunsilly not to mention the most unfit looking linesman at the intermediate on the other kine

also Totes reffing one game on Saturday plus line for the second
That umpire who got big Pat sent off at a hugely crucial point if the game peering through the gloom and a ruck of players to point the finger....(hank God for video evidence), was in the line at Cargins opening championship game and despite being only a few metres away when the big man got a thump on the head (which necessitated him leaving the game) he said he did not see the incident.
Wonder does he remember 1999....Cargin v St Paul's county final.....?

Caesar

We certainly got value for money from the games this weekend! Both senior games enthralling contests that went right to the wire.

Commiserations to both Creggan and PG1. It will be a tough one for both teams to take but both teams will be back strong again next year.

Congratulations and good luck to both Cargin and Aghagallon in the final.

country bumpkin

Quote from: Caesar on September 26, 2022, 08:46:32 AM
We certainly got value for money from the games this weekend! Both senior games enthralling contests that went right to the wire.

Commiserations to both Creggan and PG1. It will be a tough one for both teams to take but both teams will be back strong again next year.

So despite all the great and good (referees) gathered on the Dunsilly pitch on Saturday evening none of those eagle eyed individuals saw that a mistake was made when C Mc D theatrically brandished that red card in front of Pat Shivers.

Leaving Cargin to get on with it a man down in a gut sapping extra twenty minutes...

toby47

Terrible standard of Refereeing for a county semi finals, the referee in Creggan v Cargin especially, absolutely terrible. The standard of football for county semi finals was also really really poor, however the entertainment value was great.

Big Pat will be playing in the finals, Cargin by 5.

imtommygunn

The siege mentality is real  ;D

Some comeback from the dead from Aghagallon. That looked like some game though I missed it.

Is the final in 2 weekends time? I assume junior and intermediate same weekend? Cargin very strong favourites but I think the junior and intermediate seem very open.

EOC1923

Quote from: toby47 on September 26, 2022, 09:11:59 AM
Terrible standard of Refereeing for a county semi finals, the referee in Creggan v Cargin especially, absolutely terrible. The standard of football for county semi finals was also really really poor, however the entertainment value was great.

Big Pat will be playing in the finals, Cargin by 5.
Is there a correlation / link between the standard of refereeing and the standard of football. I think so. Refereeing decisions in Cargin Creggan for both teams beggared belief.

Mickey Linden

Quote from: country bumpkin on September 26, 2022, 09:08:38 AM

So despite all the great and good (referees) gathered on the Dunsilly pitch on Saturday evening none of those eagle eyed individuals saw that a mistake was made when C Mc D theatrically brandished that red card in front of Pat Shivers.

Leaving Cargin to get on with it a man down in a gut sapping extra twenty minutes...

I thought Cargin lined out with 15 in extra time? Was it not Creggan who were a man down when Ruairi McCann was black carded?

JimStynes

I rate Sean Laverty but I thought he had a poor enough game and was hard on us at times and in the Creggan and Cargin game I thought the referee was harsh on Creggan at times!

EOC1923

Dont see it Jim, GMcN in the match report complaining about Ruairi McCanns black in extra time. He doesnt mention Martin Johnsons stonewall balck card not given, Rickys stonewall black not given (both in extra time) or the red card wrongly issued to Pat Shivers. Some neck on him, referee was poor but poor to both sides really.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Mickey Linden on September 26, 2022, 09:35:49 AM
Quote from: country bumpkin on September 26, 2022, 09:08:38 AM

I thought Cargin lined out with 15 in extra time? Was it not Creggan who were a man down when Ruairi McCann was black carded?

I missed what happened with Shivers but they talked in extra time (what I saw) commentary that Cargin were 14 men. Then McCann got black card and they said 14 against 15 so I got very confused ll.

EOC how many yards did McNabb get on that free to equalise and what about the stone wall free from the 13 for creggan in the 62nd minute...

I agree on Ricky Johnston black too btw. I didn't see Shivers. Not sure on Marty so either didn't see it or don't agree.