Author Topic: Antrim Hurling  (Read 5886491 times)

imtommygunn

• View Profile
Re: Antrim Hurling
« Reply #40950 on: October 02, 2022, 07:23:24 PM »
Can’t believe there are no concessions at matches and then the way they space out matches to avoid double headers. Poor show.

Which goal(s) in the senior out of interest Podge?

Duine Inteacht Eile

• View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #40951 on: October 02, 2022, 08:01:00 PM »
A sore one for St Johns today against an awesome side. While I would never have given the Johnnies a chance of winning the game today, their result against Ballycastle suggested that they could be on the receiving end of a battering. They’ll regroup and go again but I’m beginning to think they’re a team that peaked about 4 years ago.

I’ve heard a lot of talk about Cushendall this year but I’m not seeing it. Dunloy are levels above everything else for me.
But…..everyone has a bad day I suppose….

podge

• View Profile
« Reply #40952 on: October 02, 2022, 08:03:21 PM »
Can’t believe there are no concessions at matches and then the way they space out matches to avoid double headers. Poor show.

Christy's goal. Maybe it was just bad goalkeeping but in defence of the keepers, the bounce off the sod and the bounce off the artificial squares are totally different .

Sleeping giant

• View Profile
« Reply #40953 on: October 02, 2022, 08:14:04 PM »

Christy's goal. Maybe it was just bad goalkeeping but in defence of the keepers, the bounce off the sod and the bounce off the artificial squares are totally different .
bad goal keeping is what it was
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Saffrongael

• View Profile
« Reply #40954 on: October 02, 2022, 08:19:24 PM »
A sore one for St Johns today against an awesome side. While I would never have given the Johnnies a chance of winning the game today, their result against Ballycastle suggested that they could be on the receiving end of a battering. They’ll regroup and go again but I’m beginning to think they’re a team that peaked about 4 years ago.

I’ve heard a lot of talk about Cushendall this year but I’m not seeing it. Dunloy are levels above everything else for me.

I would agree with you about Cushendall, thought they were very laboured at times. Obviously they will try and prevent Dunloy from playing but if Dunloy get going early I see them winning comfortably.

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #40955 on: October 02, 2022, 08:35:54 PM »

I think St. John’s blew it about four years ago when they should have won it. The year cushendall beat them late on in a replayed semi final was the year they should have won it.

Agreed on cushendall. Would be needing a significantly better performance than today to even have a chance.

Tbh with mcnaughton’s goal I thought the goalie was caught by surprise that mcnaughton hit it so badly. Mcnaughton made a massive impact for cushendall btw. I don’t think they win that without him.

Jonkunlon

• View Profile
« Reply #40956 on: October 02, 2022, 09:14:20 PM »
Dunloy look razor sharp, precisely not what a sluggish Cushendall would want to be facing. Only looks like one outcome.

Loughgiel are rebuilding and deserve credit for blooding the youngsters this past 2 seasons. With some serious underage talent they'll be back challenging Dunloy in a few years. Dunloy going nowhere for the foreseeable. Multi-talented group of players they have.

Haven't seen Sambo near a Cushendall juvenile team in years. Suddenly there's a minor final and low and behold ....people see through that nonsense.

Saffrongael

• View Profile
« Reply #40957 on: October 02, 2022, 09:19:51 PM »
Dunloy look razor sharp, precisely not what a sluggish Cushendall would want to be facing. Only looks like one outcome.

Loughgiel are rebuilding and deserve credit for blooding the youngsters this past 2 seasons. With some serious underage talent they'll be back challenging Dunloy in a few years. Dunloy going nowhere for the foreseeable. Multi-talented group of players they have.

Haven't seen Sambo near a Cushendall juvenile team in years. Suddenly there's a minor final and low and behold ....people see through that nonsense.

And he will hang about with the good U-15 team coming through

Sleeping giant

• View Profile
« Reply #40958 on: October 02, 2022, 09:37:15 PM »

. Jesus thank you!!! Said the same myself, odds on an appearance on senior sidelines in a fortnight

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #40959 on: October 02, 2022, 09:41:16 PM »
LG are building there. Some decent young ish players there. Few less wides and may have been different.

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #40960 on: October 02, 2022, 09:42:12 PM »

As far as I know he’s been coaching that team all year.

Very hard on poor Sambo folks.

Sleeping giant

• View Profile
« Reply #40961 on: October 02, 2022, 09:51:16 PM »

He hasn’t,but whatever,no odds

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #40962 on: October 02, 2022, 10:09:36 PM »

Well sure what’s your issue then?

He’s living rent free in your head. Enjoy the celebrations 👍

Saffrongael

• View Profile
« Reply #40963 on: October 02, 2022, 11:09:33 PM »

Well sure what’s your issue then?

He’s living rent free in your head. Enjoy the celebrations 👍

Two week ban  ::)