The Palestine thread

Started by give her dixie, October 17, 2012, 01:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash83

Anyone else listen to talkback the other day when Charlie Wolf actually said that the greatest friend of the Palestinian people is Israel. I couldn't believe what I heard. I Can't remember anyone challenging him on it either

give her dixie

Quote from: Dash83 on December 09, 2017, 11:14:41 AM
Anyone else listen to talkback the other day when Charlie Wolf actually said that the greatest friend of the Palestinian people is Israel. I couldn't believe what I heard. I Can't remember anyone challenging him on it either

I nearly crashed when I heard him say that, and I was disappointed that Patrick Corrigan didn't challenge him on it.

I called in at the start and they didn't put me on, and towards the end I called in and complained that they had 2 Israeli
commentators on, along with Charlie Wolf and they didn't have a single Palestinian voice to express a view.

So much for balance with the BBC...

next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Gmac

Quote from: seafoid on December 09, 2017, 05:07:56 AM
Trump made the decision for his evangelical Base.  They believe in the Rapture which is when Jesus will return and hoover up all the believers into heaven from a site in Jerusalem which has to be under Jewish rule according to Scripture . Jews will not be allowed into heaven. There will be signs of the end of the world such as tornados and flooding which is why Trump pulled out of the Paris Climate accord.  If climate change is dealt with the rapture will be postponed.
God bless America
do u really believe that bullshit

seafoid

Quote from: Gmac on December 09, 2017, 05:48:33 PM
Trump made the decision for his evangelical Base.  They believe in the Rapture which is when Jesus will return and hoover up all the believers into heaven from a site in Jerusalem which has to be under Jewish rule according to Scripture . Jews will not be allowed into heaven. There will be signs of the end of the world such as tornados and flooding which is why Trump pulled out of the Paris Climate accord.  If climate change is dealt with the rapture will be postponed.
God bless America
There is no rational basis on which to deny thé reality of climate change. Will it spare Indiana?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Syferus

Quote from: seafoid on December 09, 2017, 05:53:51 PM
God bless America
There is no rational basis on which to deny thé reality of climate change. Will it spare Indiana?

Cash is a very fûcking rational reason.

Avondhu star

Quote from: give her dixie on December 08, 2017, 08:20:56 PM
A bad day in Palestine in now continuing into the night.

Today in Gaza a man in his 30s was killed by an Israeli sniper, and several were injured.

In the West Bank hundreds were injured and arrested in protests at Trump's decision.

Then inside the past hour, Israeli/US jets pounded northern Gaza and one man was killed.

25 others were also injued by the airstrikes, including children.

Inside the past 10 minutes, a Palestinian resistance group fired a rocket that has landed on the road in Sedrot.

No one was injured, but you can be sure the Zionists will be back with more bombs to drop on the worlds largest prison.

The Israelis should just allow the Palestinians to send rockets into Israel.
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

give her dixie

20 odd thugs in uniform and a 15 year old Palestinian. 

Humiliating a Palestinian with Downs Syndrome

A courageous Palestinian child tells the truth to an occupying soldier..

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/939227895121276931

Dash83

I suspect you have more than a slight prejudice in this one avondhu. Even the media was reporting Israeli soldiers using live rounds on Palestinians throwing stones and we know how impartial they are. Not what I would call a proportionate response.

The sooner the international community does more than pay lip service to condemnation of the war crimes and illegal occupation and puts actual pressure of resolving the 2 state solution the better. both sides need to make compromises and things have shifted since 1967.

But while hard line people are in power who believe they have a God given right and are propped up by American then it can only mean continued suffering

give her dixie

God bless America

This is a good article regarding the Evangelic angle 

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/jerusalem-donald-trump-israel-capital-decision-reason-why-evangelical-voters-us-fear-a8099321.html

And this 

https://sputniknews.com/analysis/201712071059785236-trump-jerusalem-bible-armageddon/

give her dixie

seafoid

Trump can say whatever it wants but it means nothing because Jerusalem and its political status has to reflect the demographic status.  There are limits to what Jewish money can buy.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Avondhu star

Quote from: give her dixie on December 10, 2017, 02:14:02 PM
Celtic fans today......

I am sure its a major topic of conversation in the bars of the East end of Glasgow

tonto1888

Quote from: Avondhu star on December 10, 2017, 04:48:52 PM
Celtic fans today......

I am sure its a major topic of conversation in the bars of the East end of Glasgow

Why are you always such a p***k?

Avondhu star

Quote from: tonto1888 on December 10, 2017, 06:03:54 PM
Celtic fans today......

Because its great fun upsetting the useful idiots of the Left on this site

tonto1888

Quote from: Avondhu star on December 10, 2017, 06:32:42 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on December 10, 2017, 06:03:54 PM
Celtic fans today......

Because its great fun upsetting the useful idiots of the Left on this site

Shame you don't really know what you're talking about tho isn't it