Started by Main Street, May 02, 2022, 04:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: joemamas on May 15, 2022, 05:28:32 PM
Good for Derry
Nice to see them back
Hopefully they go on and win Ulster.
Is it me or is Rory Gallagher over the top

Nah you're right he needs to tone it down no call for it at all!

Dreadnought

As I said earlier in the week, Monaghan are not a great Championship team recently. Derry on a good run, winning games, building up, and getting the players in the right place. Monaghan just never seem to be right for summer after expending a lot of energy staying up in Division 1. Priorities all wrong

thewobbler

Super show from Derry. They're a well balanced, superbly conditioned and smart team.

Poor McKinless is referred differently to everyone else. Must drive him mad.

seafoid

So much for the wisdom of the board. Derry are back. Fág an bealach.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

screenexile

Quote from: thewobbler on May 15, 2022, 05:35:02 PM
Super show from Derry. They're a well balanced, superbly conditioned and smart team.

Poor McKinless is referred differently to everyone else. Must drive him mad.

He's a serious serious player Gallagher has done well to get him disciplined and committed.

straightred

Quote from: Dreadnought on May 15, 2022, 05:33:44 PM
As I said earlier in the week, Monaghan are not a great Championship team recently. Derry on a good run, winning games, building up, and getting the players in the right place. Monaghan just never seem to be right for summer after expending a lot of energy staying up in Division 1. Priorities all wrong
poor shooting cost them today. Derry have been super efficient in front of goal though

NotedObserver

McKinless, the glen man Doherty and mcguigan the main players but well supported. The tactics brings back the years a wee bit but Derry playing it well

Main Street

We were made to look powder puff in the first half and Derry in workmanlike fashion controlled the 2nd half  not letting Monaghan get close enough or build up real momentum.

Blowitupref

FT Derry 3-12 Monaghan 0-17. Fully deserved win for Derry and will be hard bet in the final.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Really enjoyed that game. Terrific first half from Derry then they hung in during the second half and crucially scored almost every time they went up the field, when Monaghan were guilty of not capitalising on being on top. Big for Derry to follow up the Tyrone win with another impressive performance.

screenexile

Captain Obvious

I'd be worried if i was from Donegal. That Derry team are very focused and determined. Men on a mission.

Eire90

can derry play tyrone in the quarters if derry win ulster

grounded

Delighted for Derry. Well deserved. Thoroughly enjoyed the game as well .

straightred

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 15, 2022, 05:46:21 PM
I'd be worried if i was from Donegal. That Derry team are very focused and determined. Men on a mission.
not sure. Monaghan look poorly prepared and only started playing the 2nd half. Donegal won't make that mistake