Leinster Senior football championship 2024

Started by Blowitupref, April 01, 2024, 09:25:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: mup on April 19, 2024, 10:03:28 AM
Quote from: Captain Scarlet on April 16, 2024, 04:35:00 PMThere is a lot of back and forth re Dublin who I think we should all admit would dominate any province. They are dominating the All-Ireland long enough so it's fair to say their depth would manage Ulster too.

But, that doesn't excuse Kildare and Meath especially. They should be up and around Div 1 or solid Div 2. I know lads are saying when we are waiting to be hammered in Leinster it breeds a bad vibe, but the league is something different and Kildare were annihilated by Cork and Derry last year. That is not excuseable.

There will be a reset and some fresh blood on the pitch and on the line next year, but the Dubs are going nowhere!

It does create a bad vibe. And you can't just switch that on or off for league football.

When people argued that Dublin benefitted from financial advantages 5 years back we were told that it was a once in a life time team. That we should laud them while they are here. How does that argument stack up now?

What is your solution to the Dublin "problem"? Not "the final solution" I hope!
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

mup

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on April 27, 2024, 11:19:37 AM
Quote from: mup on April 19, 2024, 10:03:28 AM
Quote from: Captain Scarlet on April 16, 2024, 04:35:00 PMThere is a lot of back and forth re Dublin who I think we should all admit would dominate any province. They are dominating the All-Ireland long enough so it's fair to say their depth would manage Ulster too.

But, that doesn't excuse Kildare and Meath especially. They should be up and around Div 1 or solid Div 2. I know lads are saying when we are waiting to be hammered in Leinster it breeds a bad vibe, but the league is something different and Kildare were annihilated by Cork and Derry last year. That is not excuseable.

There will be a reset and some fresh blood on the pitch and on the line next year, but the Dubs are going nowhere!

It does create a bad vibe. And you can't just switch that on or off for league football.

When people argued that Dublin benefitted from financial advantages 5 years back we were told that it was a once in a life time team. That we should laud them while they are here. How does that argument stack up now?

What is your solution to the Dublin "problem"? Not "the final solution" I hope!

I don't believe there is a solution. The horse has bolted.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

There will be a move to fix Dublin at some stage.  Maybe more teams instead of 1.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: seafoid on April 27, 2024, 07:08:59 PMThere will be a move to fix Dublin at some stage.  Maybe more teams instead of 1.

If the GAA were to split Dublin they would be abandoning the "county team" model for national competitions. What would replace that model?
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

armaghniac

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on April 27, 2024, 08:04:02 PM
Quote from: seafoid on April 27, 2024, 07:08:59 PMThere will be a move to fix Dublin at some stage.  Maybe more teams instead of 1.

If the GAA were to split Dublin they would be abandoning the "county team" model for national competitions. What would replace that model?

The GAA also used a parish model, which Dublin ignored.These things are useful as far as they are useful, and can be changed. Most counties remain a useful unit, Dublin should have several teams and there is a case for a Belfast team and possibly a Cork city one
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

From the Bunker

(I posted this earlier on another stream)

I have entered a token amount of links below. You look at these Dublin clubs, you look at the facilities, you look at the numbers, you look at the money involved, you look at their professional coaches.

All doing great work - but, you can't help but see their advantages.

Bring that onto the next level - Intercounty, and you see how high the bar to be reached is. Home games ALL the time added to this. It's a complete farce. The gas thing is that the Gaelic fraternity are in complete denial or just don't want to deal with this.

Rossfan

Ah your being "small minded and divisive"
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM