Galway v Mayo 11/06/17

Started by Duine Eile, May 21, 2017, 11:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Gael85 on June 11, 2017, 05:51:20 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on June 11, 2017, 04:43:55 PM
The Higgins one looked soft enough. Was there something more to it or was it for the shove into Comer's chest?

Cillian O'Connor definitely should have walked after he threw two punches at Galway players in quick succession - also got the Galway lad black carded, much like he did with James McCarthy last year.

He threw a punch at Bradshaw. Bradshaw retaliated and got yellow carded.

He also caught a Galway player with a high closed fist tackle that gave away a foul over near the sideline, didn't give the ball back and threw a punch in the resulting melee.

dclane

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 11, 2017, 05:51:29 PM
Quote from: dclane on June 11, 2017, 05:44:27 PM
Opens the door to a soft Connacht Final for Galway!
don't forget Roscommon v Galway was a draw in salthill last year
Roscommon are useless.

joemamas

Quote from: dublin7 on June 11, 2017, 05:53:51 PM
Where was CillianO'Connor when they needed him at the end. Mayo's lack of a top class forward told today. At the end when they needed the equaliser had no one good enough to step up and take a score. 3 of the younger players took pot shots from out on the sidekick e they weren't even close.

Of the Mayo backs & midfield started today 5 were 30 or more. If Boyle had started it would have been 6.

Galway had the classier forwards and red card was crucial. I wonder will COC get rightly hammered for his dive on Sunday game tonight???

You are a class act, if those comments are all you can come up with after an enthralling contest like that.

INDIANA

Quote from: joemamas on June 11, 2017, 06:19:10 PM
Where was CillianO'Connor when they needed him at the end. Mayo's lack of a top class forward told today. At the end when they needed the equaliser had no one good enough to step up and take a score. 3 of the younger players took pot shots from out on the sidekick e they weren't even close.

Of the Mayo backs & midfield started today 5 were 30 or more. If Boyle had started it would have been 6.

Galway had the classier forwards and red card was crucial. I wonder will COC get rightly hammered for his dive on Sunday game tonight???

You are a class act, if those comments are all you can come up with after an enthralling contest like that.

You spend your time slating Dublin players. Pot and kettle

Wildweasel74

Wouldn't be calling for mayo`s death nell yet, extra man made a big difference, stayed as was Mayo i think would have won

joemamas

Quote from: INDIANA on June 11, 2017, 06:24:47 PM

You spend your time slating Dublin players. Pot and kettle

Slating Dublin player(s) Really . Prove it.

dublin7

You can be as bitter as you want but the facts are :

1 Mayo had all the momentum/possession and 7 min injury time but couldn't kick a point. No leadership in forward line.
2 Time is running out for some of this mayo team (especially at the back) and you wonder where do they go from here
3 Both spillane and whelo thought is wasn't a black card & COC conned the ref

It was an entertaining game and fair play to galway.

giveballaghback

Poor game overall, the Monaghan/ Cavan game was a much better game. This Mayo team are past their sell by date and its back into the chasing pack for them, unfortunately apart from extra physique Galway are much the same as last year, no All-Irelands there but back to back Connacht titles is not bad.

ballinaman

Daft stuff today by us. Keith Higgins? Shot selection and finishing by Cillian, Durcan, Vaughan and Evan x 2 when game in the balance. Andy substitution also, needed a cool head in the last few minutes.

Jinxy

I would have left Andy Moran on and stuck a target man beside him.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Onthe40

For Regan to take 2 pot shots like that after Mayo working so hard to get the ball up there..scandalous...

Syferus

Quote from: ballinaman on June 11, 2017, 07:07:55 PM
Daft stuff today by us. Keith Higgins? Shot selection and finishing by Cillian, Durcan, Vaughan and Evan x 2 when game in the balance. Andy substitution also, needed a cool head in the last few minutes.

Never in my wildest dreams would I have expected something so stupid by Higgins. I suppose my Comer prediction wasn't too far off the mark.

heffo

Quote from: Jinxy on June 11, 2017, 07:17:21 PM
I would have left Andy Moran on and stuck a target man beside him.

Big Aido?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Onthe40 on June 11, 2017, 07:20:15 PM
For Regan to take 2 pot shots like that after Mayo working so hard to get the ball up there..scandalous...

Didn't look like anyone was screaming for the ball off him to have a go themselves. Might not have been the highest percentage shots but at least he had a go.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.