Big Tom wouldnt go to GAA matches

Started by Wildweasel74, May 09, 2015, 11:26:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

So Tom Elliot ain't impressed with Fermanagh overly defensive lay out to the point he not go to GAA matches. Tom i wouldn't what to watch Fermanagh either lol.

armaghniac

Tom is so bigoted that he wouldn't even go to watch an exciting positive team like Armagh.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

T Fearon

Did Tom not go to Michaela Harte's funeral, and he definitely went to Ronan Kerr's where he shook hands with Mickey Harte.

Maybe his decision not to go to GAA games is simply because he's not interested.How many of you go to Irish league games?

Wildweasel74

Naa Tony he def seen some of Fermanagh defensive performances from the league. No in all honestly hes just playing to the Orange order element of his voters, class act all round , NOT!

armaghniac

Fermanagh GAA should invite the cnut to the Ulster championship game. It is important for the GAA to expect all public representatives to support all Fermanagh activities.

Captain Obvious

Will the Mainliners go to GAA matches? not the same without Big Tom.

armaghniac

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 10, 2015, 02:05:09 AM
Will the Mainliners go to GAA matches? not the same without Big Tom.

One of the Monaghan players might be a mainliner, if the other thread is to be believed.

foxcommander

Quote from: armaghniac on May 10, 2015, 01:48:43 AM
Fermanagh GAA should invite the cnut to the Ulster championship game. It is important for the GAA to expect all public representatives to support all Fermanagh activities.

Absolutely. Make him squirm.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

deiseach

Peter Darragh Quinn won't go to GAA matches south of the border, yet it's poor Tom who gets singled out.

snoopdog

Did the previous m for fermanagh south Tyrone go to many games?

T Fearon

Not so long ago,I saw Tom Elliott in Portadown,waiting to cross the road with his blue and white scarf on,to go into Shamrock Pk to see his beloved Ballinamallard play.

Similarly Michelle is a big supporter of Tyrone,but I doubt if she ever turned up at a Ballinamallard game.

Mike Nesbitt was at last year's Down County Senior Final,and at the 2010 All Ireland Final.

I am surmising that the choices these three people make about attending sporting events is more to do with personal interests rather than prejudice and bigotry.

brokencrossbar1

Big Toms a legend!!  He has a mural and the wall and his own bench named after him outside the Oram football club!!

T Fearon

And a big house overlooking Castleblaney that would put Slab Murphy to shame.

armaghniac

Quote from: T Fearon on May 10, 2015, 09:36:08 AM
Not so long ago,I saw Tom Elliott in Portadown,waiting to cross the road with his blue and white scarf on,to go into Shamrock Pk to see his beloved Ballinamallard play.

Similarly Michelle is a big supporter of Tyrone,but I doubt if she ever turned up at a Ballinamallard game.

Mike Nesbitt was at last year's Down County Senior Final,and at the 2010 All Ireland Final.

I am surmising that the choices these three people make about attending sporting events is more to do with personal interests rather than prejudice and bigotry.

No doubt people attending multiple games is a reflection of their interests, but a representative should certainly support local sports of all sorts to some extent and not say "never". If Newry Olympic won something or had a big game I'd expect Micky Brady to perhaps attend even if that is not his usual sporting interest.

T Fearon

At the end of the day,whether he attends a GAA game or not is immaterial.His job is to represent the electorate impartially which I think he will do.

Peter Robinson's decision to attend the Mc Kenna Cup Final a few years ago,didn't really improve his standing among nationalists,and neither did Gregory Campbell's a few years before that.