Football qualifier route 2018

Started by cornetto, April 04, 2018, 12:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan Laurel

mrdeeds

tonto1888

Quote from: cornetto on June 25, 2018, 09:07:28 AM
Don't forget Armagh have home advantage!!!

How Clare set up will have more of a bearing. We ant play very well against defensive teams. I've seen very very little of Clare. Do they play defensive blanket style or do they like to attack more?

Cunny Funt

Quote from: mrdeeds on June 25, 2018, 08:50:58 AM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on June 25, 2018, 08:47:10 AM
Quote from: Schkite on June 25, 2018, 08:39:09 AM
Kildare v Mayo
Armagh v Clare
Leitrim v Monaghan
Cavan v Tyrone

Straightforward wins for Monaghan,Kildare and Mayo it should be. Armagh v Clare the only tough games to call.

Straight forward wins for Mayo and Kildare?
Tyrone. A straight forward defeat for Kildare.

mup

Quote from: Hound on June 25, 2018, 09:05:58 AM
Quote from: mup on June 25, 2018, 09:00:33 AM
Mayo should have too much for Kildare. Even with their injuries.

Monaghan to beat Leitrim.

Cavan could surprise Tyrone.

Fancy Clare to take Armagh at home.
Kinda thinking along the same lines. Cavan very dangerous coming off a win playing relatively poorly. There's a performance in them.

I thought Armagh are at home?

Are they? Ok well that changes that so. Home advantage to swing it Armaghs way.

Orior

I'm happy with the draw for Armagh, and it gives us a fighting chance.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

trailer

Quote from: Orior on June 25, 2018, 09:30:28 AM

It only prolongs the inevitable. A hammering is coming their way.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Orior on June 25, 2018, 09:30:28 AM
Ye've had quiet enough of that for this year
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Blowitupref

Quote from: cornetto on June 25, 2018, 08:52:09 AM
Kildare v mayo standout game, mayo with a lot of injuries kildare slowly building up a head of steam.
Home advantage to shade it for kildare???
As for the others Tyrone ,monaghan,Armagh.
Am I right in saying fermanagh and Monahan can't meet in round 4?

Two injuries both midfielders. While a Keegan,D O Connor midfield pairing will likely cause Kildare all types of problems. Mayo 1-19 Kildare 1-12 in St Conleth's Park, Newbridge already this year would expect something similar for this game.

Cavan v Tyrone would have been more interesting if Cavan didn't have players suspended and if they had a home game. Clare Armagh two sides around the same level though home advantage should shade it for Armagh.  Monaghan by 10 plus points
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Blowitupref on June 25, 2018, 09:32:51 AM
Kildare v mayo standout game, mayo with a lot of injuries kildare slowly building up a head of steam.

Two injuries both midfielders. While a Keegan,D O Connor midfield pairing will likely cause Kildare all types of problems. Mayo 1-19 Kildare 1-12 in St Conleth's Park, Newbridge already this year would expect something similar for this game.

Cavan v Tyrone would have been more interesting if Cavan didn't have players suspended and if they had a home game. Clare Armagh two sides around the same level though home advantage should shade it for Armagh.  Monaghan by 10 plus points

I take it that Tyrone v Cavan game is likely to be Brewster park?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

seafoid

I expect Higgins and boyle to be injured in freak domestic accidents/hurling misfortunes  by the weekend as Mayo's injury crisis deepens. Rochford will be forced to strategise without a midfield and drive GAA management into new territory. As the competition continues the rest of the backs will be removed from the equation as the forwards are forced to learn how to score more.

Mayo should beat the flour bags unless they go away on a team building exercise and watch the wizard of Oz on repeat

https://youtu.be/nFuxpphnN0k

Clare could beat Armagh. Clare are limited but they make good use of what they have.

Tyrone probably have Cavan beaten already. Tyrone may actually be the Wizard of Oz.

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

yellowcard

Monaghan have had 2 dream draws to date, another turkey shoot awaits them.

Kildare v Mayo is interesting, I don't think Kildare are that far off the top teams and being at home against a Mayo side with miles on the clock and a growing casualty list, they definitely have a chance. This will be the tie of the round.

Armagh also got a decent draw being at home to Clare. It's a 50/50 match but home advantage might be enough to sway it Armagh's way.

Cavan v Tyrone is another interesting match and similar to Kildare v Mayo, with the match likely in Breffni Park I think the underdog has a chance to cause a mild upset. Tyrone have regressed this year and it wouldn't surprise me to see them ditched out here.

Prediction: Monaghan, Mayo, Armagh & Cavan.

yellowcard

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 25, 2018, 09:15:53 AM
Quote from: cornetto on June 25, 2018, 09:07:28 AM
Don't forget Armagh have home advantage!!!

How Clare set up will have more of a bearing. We ant play very well against defensive teams. I've seen very very little of Clare. Do they play defensive blanket style or do they like to attack more?

The fact that Kerry scored 32 points in 70 minutes should be enough to answer your question, almost a score every 2 minutes.

mrdeeds

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 25, 2018, 09:34:44 AM
Quote from: Blowitupref on June 25, 2018, 09:32:51 AM

I take it that Tyrone v Cavan game is likely to be Brewster park?

Clones is Cavsns designated home ground.

Jinxy

Other than Roscommon, I'm struggling to make the case for any other provincial loser getting into the Super 8s.
If you were any use you'd be playing.