David Clifford

Started by JimStynes, August 21, 2017, 08:09:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

yes both Marsden and Mackin played county minor and senior in the same year, 1993 i think when they had their 6 game run

JimStynes

So are we in agreement that he's the best minor ever? That was ridiculous today.

lenny

Quote from: JimStynes on September 17, 2017, 09:27:38 PM
So are we in agreement that he's the best minor ever? That was ridiculous today.

He has everything, two footed, great in the air, strong and ridiculously skilful.

6th sam

Different league. Only a minor bit I've Never seen a player of such quality at any level of football. His mobility and skill in tight space was a joy to watch.

Asal Mor

Quote from: 6th sam on September 17, 2017, 09:33:10 PM
Different league. Only a minor bit I've Never seen a player of such quality at any level of football. His mobility and skill in tight space was a joy to watch.
+1. It would be a crime against humanity if he went and played a game as unskilled as aussie rules.

JimStynes

Soon to be the first official professional gaelic footballer!

Dinny Breen

Quote from: JimStynes on September 17, 2017, 09:58:02 PM
Soon to be the first official professional gaelic footballer!

Larry Tompkins?
#newbridgeornowhere

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: JimStynes on September 17, 2017, 09:27:38 PM
He's almost as good as Beano McDonald - that's the highest praise I can give him.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Il Bomber Destro

Clifford is a freak at minor, a lot of people would say he's the best they've ever seen at that age level.

I don't think he'll go to AFL. I actually don't think he would make it there as his style is very languid and probably wouldn't suit the game. I also think his dominance at minor will not be replicated at senior as one of the main reasons he's been so lethal at minor is his size - we've all seen these type of guys before who look the part underage but when other players catch up with them physically as they age then it's not as big a gap.

Some feat though, think Kerry should be careful about integrating him - they should have him on the panel next year but I don't think he'll be ready for the business end stage of Championship football for another two years. Very few make the breakthrough now out of minor - they physicality required ensures that.

Shamrock Shore

Saw a great hashtag yesterday.

#splitdavidclifford

The lad looks like he was designed by a GAA computer. The fecker has everything and I hope to see 10+ years of him at senior inter county level.

magpie seanie

An absolute joy to watch. Hopefully Kerry can help see off the Australian advances.....hope this lad is playing for Kerry for years to come.

clarshack

Quote from: Asal Mor on September 17, 2017, 09:38:24 PM
+1. It would be a crime against humanity if he went and played a game as unskilled as aussie rules.

was never really bothered about players going out to Australia before now, but the GAA really needs this guy to stay in Ireland.

Orior

Quote from: clarshack on September 18, 2017, 10:13:17 AM
Quote from: Asal Mor on September 17, 2017, 09:38:24 PM

was never really bothered about players going out to Australia before now, but the GAA really needs this guy to stay in Ireland.

#gizajob
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

WT4E

Did I not see a tweet from Clifford saying he was off to Sydney Swans or was I dreaming?