Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nanderson

Quote from: manwithnoplan on September 17, 2023, 06:07:41 PM
Quote from: befair on September 17, 2023, 05:35:12 PM
Total lack of discipline from Carryduff; Kilcoo were in real trouble. Ref was fine

Hard to agree the ref was fine, he was not consistent. E.g  Kilcoo player deliberately drags down a Carryduff man inside the D near the end, and he produces a yellow. Similar offence for Carryduff resulted in a black. Carryduff players should have been more careful when already booked, but the ref really had a negative impact on the game for neutrals, and Kilcoo slightly benefitted from his performance today. But that's what they do, they make small advantages count and win ugly games. Nobody else is as ruthless.
It was sheelan with the drag down but aaron morgan was the one who got the yellow

downtothecore

Right folks  ... let us hear yous. There is bound to be a lot a comments on the carryduff game. 3 carryduff players and their manager sent off. Disgraceful... If that had been kilcoo the message board would have crashed.

manwithnoplan

Quote from: Nanderson on September 17, 2023, 06:13:15 PM
Quote from: manwithnoplan on September 17, 2023, 06:07:41 PM
Quote from: befair on September 17, 2023, 05:35:12 PM
Total lack of discipline from Carryduff; Kilcoo were in real trouble. Ref was fine

Hard to agree the ref was fine, he was not consistent. E.g  Kilcoo player deliberately drags down a Carryduff man inside the D near the end, and he produces a yellow. Similar offence for Carryduff resulted in a black. Carryduff players should have been more careful when already booked, but the ref really had a negative impact on the game for neutrals, and Kilcoo slightly benefitted from his performance today. But that's what they do, they make small advantages count and win ugly games. Nobody else is as ruthless.
It was sheelan with the drag down but aaron morgan was the one who got the yellow

Even worse, he got the wrong man for an incredibly blatant foul.

Mourne Red

Quote from: downtothecore on September 17, 2023, 06:55:58 PM
Right folks  ... let us hear yous. There is bound to be a lot a comments on the carryduff game. 3 carryduff players and their manager sent off. Disgraceful... If that had been kilcoo the message board would have crashed.

Seems there's a lot of incidents around the county this weekend

befair

Quote from: Mourne Red on September 17, 2023, 08:28:03 PM

Seems there's a lot of incidents around the county this weekend
Such as?

Stevie Nicks

Are you joking! If Kilcoo had 3 players plus a manager rightly sent out it would be viral and the usual Dark Arts/Win at all costs bull would be the issue. But when it is the other team the referee is the problem!
Every red was justified and in fact some of them should have been straight red and also to be balanced he did miss a black card for Kilcoo near end.
Carryduff definitely missed a chance to beat a well below par Kilcoo

Minus15

Referee in Kilcoo game seemed to think that a foul must be a card. Kilcoo holding their head time and time again when tackles not high. Carryduff's frustrations were understandable. The Donnelly one on Brannigan was late and dangerous. Other than that there wasn't too much in the others. James Guinness very unfortunate I thought.

PTC

Quote from: Minus15 on September 17, 2023, 09:41:35 PM
Referee in Kilcoo game seemed to think that a foul must be a card. Kilcoo holding their head time and time again when tackles not high. Carryduff's frustrations were understandable. The Donnelly one on Brannigan was late and dangerous. Other than that there wasn't too much in the others. James Guinness very unfortunate I thought.
Guinness first yellow was a strike should have been red, the first sending off was a black card and player had already been booked, Donnelly should have walked earlier in the match. The carryduff bench was a disgrace but let's not talk about that, it was all Kilcoo fault.

befair

And Carryduff also gave up two handy points by slobbering at the ref. They'll be a force to be reckoned with next year

supersub

Losing 3 men plus your manager is ill discipline. Nothing else. Carryduff badly missed the boat.

ck

Carryduff messed up in glorious fashion. This was an ill disciplined mess on their part. Fact.

As for Kilcoo, I hear their Manager was complaining after the game about being "targeted". Do me a favour. You have nothing to be crying about. Everyone wants you beaten and you play on it. You play the media, the ref and anything and anyone else who can be played. There is no sympathy out there for you so stop looking for it. 

urbangael

Low scoring boring affairs and teams setting up not to lose.  The Down Championships has been a snore fest so far!  I think everyone is waiting on Kilcoo v Burren and hopefully the two teams go at it with no nonsense. 

manwithnoplan

Quote from: urbangael on September 18, 2023, 10:38:32 AM
Low scoring boring affairs and teams setting up not to lose.  The Down Championships has been a snore fest so far!  I think everyone is waiting on Kilcoo v Burren and hopefully the two teams go at it with no nonsense.

It's hard to see them two teams having a real go at eachother. It'll probably be yet another case of highly paid management playing it safe and playing not to lose, as opposed to allowing their teams to play some actual football and having the belief that will be enough to win. I hope I'm wrong....

befair

All three quarter-finals were tedious, 15 men behind the ball, endless recycling around the 45. It has become a mindset; even when Ballyholland were 6 pts behind in the 2nd half, they still sat back and allowed Burren to run down the clock.
I know it's a broken record by now, but something has to change; 13 a side, can't pass to goalkeeper etc.

PTC

Quote from: befair on September 18, 2023, 04:40:36 PM
All three quarter-finals were tedious, 15 men behind the ball, endless recycling around the 45. It has become a mindset; even when Ballyholland were 6 pts behind in the 2nd half, they still sat back and allowed Burren to run down the clock.
I know it's a broken record by now, but something has to change; 13 a side, can't pass to goalkeeper etc.
Don't need any more rule changes, introducing the mark has been part of the problem. Messing about with it to much