Down GAA Championship 2013 Prediction Competition

Started by umpire, July 18, 2013, 10:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

umpire

JFC
Dromara 0.8 v 0.8 Teconnaught
(replay on Friday?)
According to Down website. its now fixed for Sat 19th Oct in Downpatrick at 4.30pm with ET if needed.

IFC
Bosco 1.7 v 0.15 Drumgath

umpire

The last 2 games of 2013 prediction competiton.

MFC A
Rostrevor v Mayobridge

SFC
Burren v Kilcoo

Lecale2

5 Sams

The Aristocrat Years

Mid Down Gael

superbad

FORMER Antrim manager Frank Dawson has made a quick return to the sideline after he was officially appointed as manager of the Bryansford senior team.
The county Down club confirmed that Dawson would be taking over from Pete McGrath who stepped down following their quarter-final loss to Saval.
Commenting on his appointment, Dawson stressed that the offer only came about after he had stepped down from the Saffrons.
"I want to draw a line under that decision to leave Antrim," he said.
"My resignation was for reasons related to a different vision of where, and how, I saw Antrim being able to realize its potential.
"There has been a lot of wild and ill-informed speculation regarding my departure from Antrim.
"There was no job waiting for me. There was no prior discussion with any county or club as to any new job.
"But when Bryansford contacted me after my resignation I had absolutely no hesitation in agreeing to talk.
"Everything that has happened since then has convinced me that this is the club that has the right fit for me.
"It is ambitious. It has a football DNA that has continually developed players of great talent.
"The challenge for all of us at Bryansford, on and off the pitch, is translate that talent into sustained results."
Dawson has established himself as somewhat of a master on the Down club scene.
He has guided Burren (2) and Clonduff to titles and brought Longstone to a decider.
He now takes the reigns at a team with some of the best emerging talent in the county and it will be Dawson's remit to turn them into consistent challengers.
Bryansford chairman Ronan McViegh feels that it is an achievable goal.
The entire club is behind the move to give Frank control of the development of a comprehensive football strategy.
"Under the new management structure headed by Frank the objective will be to bring Bryansford back to the top table of both Down and Ulster football.
"He will have our total support as a club on achieving his goals.

Niall Quinn

Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

cloneman

Johnnie99

umpire