Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theticklemister

Yip. My mistake. Just not the whereabouts in England apparently   

weareros

In all the cases we are hearing the rapists get sent someplace else where they are free to prey on other children. It is the exact same approach as the Catholic Church. I've seen comments by Sinn Fein supporters all over the place praising the justice meted out, as if its simply ok to banish them someplace else. The twisted logic is pure sickness. This will not cost Sinn Fein any votes because there's something deeply perverse at the heart of Irish Catholic identity when it comes to sexual abuse, whether it be Sinn Fein, Cardinal Brady or Irish families that simply cover it up. It's probably no coincidence that most of the sexual abuse in the Catholic Church in US was committed by Irish born or Irish American clerics. It probably all stems from the repression and unhealthy attitude to sex that Catholicism brought into this country. Not saying it's not prevalent in other religions and cultures. But our culture is infested with it, with both the sick twisted perpetrators and their rotten enablers.

Maguire01

Quote from: ONeill on March 11, 2015, 10:59:16 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on March 11, 2015, 10:42:59 PM
Quote from: ONeill on March 11, 2015, 10:38:07 PM
I'd go even further. Because of the way Sinn Fein's political opponents jump on any scandal or serious misdemeanours in a disingenuous manner, it strengthen SF.

You can see it already in many media outlets. Instead of earnestly addressing the issue in hand, opponents start using it to win votes.
How exactly should they react? Without criticising the party?

Watch Stormont Live this week or buy Sunday's Dublin papers. There'll be very little real empathy with the case in hand. Dorty politics I suppose.
That doesn't answer my question though.

Maguire01

You have to admire the brass neck of SF standing on picket lines with workers who are protesting against SF's budget.  ::)

Kidder81

Quote from: Maguire01 on March 13, 2015, 10:24:47 PM
You have to admire the brass neck of SF standing on picket lines with workers who are protesting against SF's budget.  ::)

Yeah no shame, O'Dowd said this earlier this week -

"But this [strike] is part of an opposition to the Stormont House Agreement, and I think that's a mistake. There is a fundamental mistake in the strategy of the unions that are being opposed to the Stormont House Agreement. I supported the Stormont House Agreement, so it would be somewhat hypocritical of me to turn round and support strike action against the Stormont House Agreement"

It didn't stop the rest of them. The politicians were roundly booed apparently at City Hall

armaghniac

Quote from: Kidder81 on March 13, 2015, 10:33:19 PM

Yeah no shame, O'Dowd said this earlier this week -

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is King, O'Dowd has a modicum of credibility.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

I see Marty and Peter are all mates again as "officials" work on sorting out their differences over welfare cuts.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

give her dixie

George Orwell couldn't write the script.

Sure they would show up for the opening of an envelope if they thought they would have their picture taken.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Saffrongael

Is the Sinn Fein default setting to lie? Earlier in the day they said the State Dept had requested a meeting but Gerry couldn't fit them into his diary !  ::)

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-31904651

Adams criticises US State Department over refusal to meet him

The Sinn Féin president has criticised the US State Department over its refusal to meet him.
A planned meeting between Gerry Adams and a high level US State Department official in Washington will not happen.

Earlier, the BBC reported Sinn Féin had denied a snub. The party had said that Mr Adams had been unable to attend a meeting on Monday.
However a few hours later, speaking in New York, Mr Adams said it was "no skin off my nose" not to meet the official.

"The State Department's handling of the issue of a meeting with me is bizarre. It serves no purpose other than to distract attention from the main issue. That is the full implementation of the Stormont House Agreement.
"That is Sinn Féin's main focus. And Martin McGuinness and Peter Robinson are working on this as we speak.
"It is no skin off my nose not to meet the State Department. I am more concerned with protecting the rights and entitlements of citizens back home. That will remain Sinn Féin's firm objective," Mr Adams added.

"Bizarre"
Mr Adams' statement follows earlier comments from his party colleague Conor Murphy who had denied there had been a snub. Mr Murphy said: "Gerry Adams was actually asked for a meeting today by the State Department.
"He's in New York city today, he's unable to go Washington until tomorrow and so no other meeting has been confirmed after that.

"But he will be at the White House tomorrow for the St Patrick's Day celebration."
At the weekend, First Minister Peter Robinson and Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness cancelled plans to go to the US to meet President Obama on St Patrick's Day.
However, Mr Adams has travelled to the US.
Sources said he was to have held a meeting with a senior State Department official, among other engagements.

It follows developments at Stormont last week when Sinn Féin withdrew support for the welfare reform bill.

In a statement issued last week, former US senator Gary Hart urged all parties to reach an understanding on the scope of the Stormont House Agreement "so that a successful series of meetings planned for St Patrick's Day can go forward as planned in Washington".
It is understood State Department officials will meet the Ulster Unionist leader Mike Nesbitt and the SDLP leader Alasdair McDonnell later on Monday.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

muppet

http://www.votewatch.eu/blog/all-eu-parliamentarians-except-communists-endorse-international-efforts-against-isis/

The EU condemned the actions of ISIS and passed a resolution calling for the protection of the affected minorities such as Christians and Yazidis, and also called for the creation of a safe haven for these groups, among other resolutions.

Now get this.....

Sinn Féin voted against it.
MWWSI 2017

give her dixie

I see Martina Anderson and co are in Tel Aviv. No doubt checking out how their friend Issac Herzog is doing in the election.  Of course it will be spun that they are there to go to Gaza. ....
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

trileacman

http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0406/692369-gerry-adams/

Think your man is bang on the money. What else are we just going to chalk down as acts of war? Imagine Cameron or Blair having the balls to tell us Bloody Sunday "just happens in war" or that the hunger strikers were merely casualties of war.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

lynchbhoy

Quote from: give her dixie on March 18, 2015, 02:34:46 AM
I see Martina Anderson and co are in Tel Aviv. No doubt checking out how their friend Issac Herzog is doing in the election.  Of course it will be spun that they are there to go to Gaza. ....
If ever proof was needed that sf are completely removed from the IRA

Gaffer

Quote from: trileacman on April 06, 2015, 05:54:52 PM
http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0406/692369-gerry-adams/

Think your man is bang on the money. What else are we just going to chalk down as acts of war? Imagine Cameron or Blair having the balls to tell us Bloody Sunday "just happens in war" or that the hunger strikers were merely casualties of war.

Absolutely disgusting remark from Adams.
He has a heart of stone.
Would love to see him getting locked up!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Ulick

You can't have it both ways lads. The McConville family say Adams has information on her because Brendan Hughes and Dolores Price said that as a senior member of the IRA in Belfast he would have be aware of what's going on. However the same two people also said she was shot for being an informer after previously being warned. So either they're right, she was an informer and yes in a war situation any side would have to do the same and execute her, or they're wrong, and the family have no evidence to be connecting Adams to this.