Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hand up

No word of a dare yet!!

breakingball

Talk is replay in 2 weeks. Final in 4 weeks. Ulster final v slaughtneil/ ballycran in 6 weeks.

gaelforce13

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 30, 2018, 08:48:46 PM
Things I learned today :
1. Ballycastle is one cold hole.
2. iPhones don't like rain.
3. Never steal a Dunloy mans dugout.
4. Dunloy ladies make an awful lot of noise when annoyed.
5. Tiernan Coyle is a hardy wee bucko.

O and don't act the bigman, never ends well when you show yourself up for what you are.

Things I learned today.

Our wee country is a cold hole....
Loughgiel haven't gone away you know😉
Dunloy tried to rattle Loughgiel by taking 'their dugout' how dare their. The scenes that follow this where a disgrace. They actually tossed for the Dug out Dunloy won & Loughgiel still refused to move?
The standard was awful I thought last night's game was poor.
IMO ref had a solid game. Possibly got shorty call wrong but his linesman was right on it to.
Loughgiel will canter the final.
Semi replay is 2weeks time in Loughgiel. Final has been pushed back.

Two Hands FFS

Was never going to be a good match with the tough conditions and Loughgiel playing so deep. Worked a treat for them. More experienced, stronger & far hungrier than Dunloy. You can have all the nice stick work & movement you want, but if the other team are organised & want it more you're in trouble.
Genuinely couldn't believe Shorty or McKeague weren't sent off.

Jesusjones

Quote from: gaelforce13 on September 30, 2018, 10:22:04 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on September 30, 2018, 08:48:46 PM
Things I learned today :
1. Ballycastle is one cold hole.
2. iPhones don't like rain.
3. Never steal a Dunloy mans dugout.
4. Dunloy ladies make an awful lot of noise when annoyed.
5. Tiernan Coyle is a hardy wee bucko.

O and don't act the bigman, never ends well when you show yourself up for what you are.

Things I learned today.

Our wee country is a cold hole....
Loughgiel haven't gone away you know😉
Dunloy tried to rattle Loughgiel by taking 'their dugout' how dare their. The scenes that follow this where a disgrace. They actually tossed for the Dug out Dunloy won & Loughgiel still refused to move?
The standard was awful I thought last night's game was poor.
IMO ref had a solid game. Possibly got shorty call wrong but his linesman was right on it to.
Loughgiel will canter the final.
Semi replay is 2weeks time in Loughgiel. Final has been pushed back.

"Loughgiel will walk the final."  ;D ;D If this weekend has taught us anything it's that nobody walks anything in Antrim anymore. But after dethroning the defending champions Loughgiel will be favorites for the final.

Na Glinntí Glasa

no complaints from me, we were god awful from start to finish
hurl like f**k boi!

belfastsaff

Cant blame a the ref for anything let it go was a good hard hitting game of hurling in which the shamrocks stood up, could argue over the red cards but dunloy easily could have had a number of penalties near the end. The shamrocks are hungry if they do win Antrim it will be interesting to see how they do against SN. St johns v cdall has the makings of another classic would be great for st johns to make the breakthrough to the final been knocking on the door for a wile now

Na Glinntí Glasa

replay is in Dunloy and i think that its set for next weekend.
hurl like f**k boi!

Megaman

Quote from: belfastsaff on October 01, 2018, 09:00:58 AM
Cant blame a the ref for anything let it go was a good hard hitting game of hurling in which the shamrocks stood up, could argue over the red cards but dunloy easily could have had a number of penalties near the end. The shamrocks are hungry if they do win Antrim it will be interesting to see how they do against SN. St johns v cdall has the makings of another classic would be great for st johns to make the breakthrough to the final been knocking on the door for a wile now

wtf, you could argue my hole, blatant red cards all day long, if not then can we take it you are allowed to hit another player fair in the gut with the hurl off the ball in full view of everyone and also if a player is attempting to run by you its ok to just simply draw right across him in view of everyone.

Two poor enough games at the weekend, but i believe conditions played apart in that, Both Cushendall & particularly Dunloy will disappointed with their performances but thankfully Cushendall get another chance which i hope they learn from their mistakes, people mention ref bashing etc and have you tried it etc, all players and supporters want is consistency, on saturday there was no consistency in giving / not getting frees, its quite obvious that certain players have to work harder for their frees.

Loughgiel look very hungry and wont fear either of the teams they will meet in the final

north aontroim gael

Quote from: Megaman on October 01, 2018, 09:20:07 AM
Quote from: belfastsaff on October 01, 2018, 09:00:58 AM

wtf, you could argue my hole, blatant red cards all day long, if not then can we take it you are allowed to hit another player fair in the gut with the hurl off the ball in full view of everyone and also if a player is attempting to run by you its ok to just simply draw right across him in view of everyone.

Two poor enough games at the weekend, but i believe conditions played apart in that, Both Cushendall & particularly Dunloy will disappointed with their performances but thankfully Cushendall get another chance which i hope they learn from their mistakes, people mention ref bashing etc and have you tried it etc, all players and supporters want is consistency, on saturday there was no consistency in giving / not getting frees, its quite obvious that certain players have to work harder for their frees.

Loughgiel look very hungry and wont fear either of the teams they will meet in the final

Shorty incident was at the far side of the pitch from me so my view was across a crowded pitch. Looked like he drove the stick into Eddie completely off the ball.

The James McKeague incident was as clear a red card as you'll see and was just in front of me. Tiernan Coyle went past him with the ball in his hand and James swung the stick across him breaking it over his chest.

Sweeper 123

I believe that the results at the weekend were fair and the refs in both games did not cost any team - i thought they were neutral, tried to let both games flow (rather that than start /stop) yep for sure they missed somethings (and probably could have been helped more by their linesmen) - overall a good performance by both men in the middle. 

NAG1

Quote from: Sweeper 123 on October 01, 2018, 09:33:45 AM
I believe that the results at the weekend were fair and the refs in both games did not cost any team - i thought they were neutral, tried to let both games flow (rather that than start /stop) yep for sure they missed somethings (and probably could have been helped more by their linesmen) - overall a good performance by both men in the middle.

I take it you werent at the game yesterday then Sweeper. It wasnt as much a case of stop start as it was stop stop. The game never got going in any sense especially in the second half, partly LG tactic and partly the ref.

Didnt affect the outcome of the game just made it an even poorer watch.

Also when are we going to learn about Ballycastle, we continually take these big game there only to have them completely ruined by prevailing conditions. No programme, no announcement of the teams, no PA system for anthem but apart from that was grand  :(

cfclg

Quote from: NAG1 on October 01, 2018, 09:54:40 AM

I take it you werent at the game yesterday then Sweeper. It wasnt as much a case of stop start as it was stop stop. The game never got going in any sense especially in the second half, partly LG tactic and partly the ref.

Didnt affect the outcome of the game just made it an even poorer watch.

Also when are we going to learn about Ballycastle, we continually take these big game there only to have them completely ruined by prevailing conditions. No programme, no announcement of the teams, no PA system for anthem but apart from that was grand  :(

Bad enough with the wind up there in July/ august never mind the business end in October. Its a very exposed place and whoever uses the conditions best normally comes out on top.

Only fair that the cdall johnnies replay is in the city tbh. Can't have everything in NA IMO.

cfclg

Haha. You must be related to them or very good friends!

Honestly but, when a ref has a poor game (in the same way a player does), they need to be held accountable. Here's an idea. In cship games, an assessment panel made up of neutral gaels from other clubs (not ex referees) should rate the referees performance on various factors and the overall assessment be posted on Antrim website. All anonymous of course. What about that for a crazy a*s idea. A bit like the player ratings you see in the papers.