The SDLP

Started by ardmhachaabu, April 23, 2010, 09:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

general_lee

Quote from: RedHand88 on October 07, 2021, 01:30:43 PM
Quote from: general_lee on October 07, 2021, 01:28:01 PM
BBC reporting that SDLP will be celebrating the centenary. What goes through their heads

Anytime I feel disillusioned with SF, stuff like this drives me right back into their camp.
I genuinely don't know what they seek to achieve with this, or maybe it's because Coveney is going..

johnnycool

Quote from: general_lee on October 07, 2021, 01:34:44 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on October 07, 2021, 01:30:43 PM
BBC reporting that SDLP will be celebrating the centenary. What goes through their heads

Anytime I feel disillusioned with SF, stuff like this drives me right back into their camp.
I genuinely don't know what they seek to achieve with this, or maybe it's because Coveney is going..

Colm giving into unionist pressure to be "tolerant" until it's conveniently forgotten about the next time there's an issue like BCC and the bonfires.

Two steps forward, one step back with the SDLP.

naka

strange by SDLP, this event seems to have very little support from nationalism. Cannot understand were they are coming from.

Itchy

Soup is on the menu, no wonder they are attending.

GiveItToTheShooters

Hardly a surprise is it, it's the Stoopers after all.

Applesisapples

Amazed at this from the SDLP given all the support they gave Michael D. Eastwood couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery. Suspect though that this is the old Kelly/Rogers/Hendron Alliance wing pushing this. Out of touch.

imtommygunn

It feels like it's playing to the audience and Michael D wasn't received well so they used that as a test of the water. Kind of feels opportunist tbh.

JoG2

"Given the choice between remaining in the trenches of the last 100 years or reaching out to build a new future, I know which side I want to be on." Eastwood

Sportacus

It's neither here nor there in my opinion.  The biggest non-event centenary ever.  The odd Unionist seems to be forcing themselves to participate and there's zero interest from the average nationalist.  It's not a hill to die on either way.  Far bigger issues to put energy into.

Snapchap

Backing Michael D for declining his invitation before accepting their own invite. You couldn't make it up. Then again, it's the SDLP we're talking about so....

imtommygunn

For me there is just something really slippery about Eastwood. I just can't warm to him. There are various ones in the party I like but just him I can't warm to and feels like something he would do for pr.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 07, 2021, 09:32:02 PM
For me there is just something really slippery about Eastwood. I just can't warm to him. There are various ones in the party I like but just him I can't warm to and feels like something he would do for or.

SF will want him to stay. If he goes they could reclaim more lost ground

Tres Bien

The Stoops are the lowest of the low and that's all that really needs to be said about the matter.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tres Bien on October 07, 2021, 09:43:33 PM
The Stoops are the lowest of the low and that's all that really needs to be said about the matter.

I think they remind me of Nadal, one trick ponies
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Tres Bien on October 07, 2021, 09:43:33 PM

Mmm. That's a big statement there