RG at arms length

Started by seafoid, May 15, 2023, 11:40:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Sure Boris Johnson caused thousands of death through been just plain useless and he floating around( probably be made a lord) in his MP role. See Prince Andrew still floating about recently as well. Nothing seems to stick to these lads.

toby47

Quote from: NotedObserver on February 28, 2024, 05:12:36 PMWould Derry have taken him back if this happened earlier?

Yeah, they tried everything possible to keep him

David McKeown

Interesting judgement highlighting another flaw in the conflicting rules of the association.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Main Street

Quote from: David McKeown on March 01, 2024, 05:52:03 PMInteresting judgement highlighting another flaw in the conflicting rules of the association.
Which flaw are you referring to? How did the DRA manage to come to a decision like this when the findings of the report on the allegations against  RG have not yet been concluded?

David McKeown

Quote from: Main Street on March 01, 2024, 08:21:03 PM
Quote from: David McKeown on March 01, 2024, 05:52:03 PMInteresting judgement highlighting another flaw in the conflicting rules of the association.
Which flaw are you referring to? How did the DRA manage to come to a decision like this when the findings of the report on the allegations against  RG have not yet been concluded?

The flaw being that the rule relied upon by the Safeguarding Panel to disbar RG was in direct conflict with the Rules on disbarment within the Official Guide. The panel holding that when a body within the GAA sought to rely on a rule that was in conflict with the official guide then the rule had to specifically disallow the official guide rules. Which the Safeguarding rules relating to adults don't do. But that the rules relating to safeguarding children do.

They also had issue with whether or not the Safeguarding rules were even applicable as they required disciplinary proceedings to have commenced whereas the Safeguarding panel where at least one step before that in the investigation stage. But the DRA didn't conclusively rule on that point.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

onefineday

Quote from: ck on February 28, 2024, 05:35:31 PM
Quote from: NotedObserver on February 28, 2024, 05:12:36 PMWould Derry have taken him back if this happened earlier?

Yes I would think they would as they seemed desperate to hold on to him despite the public allegations.

I think the comparison with Paddy Jackson is bang on. RG had his own court case albeit more private and the outcome was inconclusive as his wife didn't turn up which left RG off the hook. I think most clubs and counties wouldn't touch him now but there will be a few who will, no doubt.
He was suspended within 2/3 days of the original posts as far as I recall and that was made permanent within another week or so - hardly reeks of desperation.

nrico2006

Quote from: onefineday on March 02, 2024, 07:52:08 AM
Quote from: ck on February 28, 2024, 05:35:31 PM

Yes I would think they would as they seemed desperate to hold on to him despite the public allegations.

I think the comparison with Paddy Jackson is bang on. RG had his own court case albeit more private and the outcome was inconclusive as his wife didn't turn up which left RG off the hook. I think most clubs and counties wouldn't touch him now but there will be a few who will, no doubt.
He was suspended within 2/3 days of the original posts as far as I recall and that was made permanent within another week or so - hardly reeks of desperation.

I believe her post was on the 9th of May and he stepped down on the 15th. Given the attention it was getting at the time, it seemed like an eternity and Derry GAA didn't cover themselves in glory.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Eire90

would there not be a risk for of various activists groups showing up to any match hes at.

Truth hurts

RG is training a Down team by all accounts

tbrick18

Quote from: Truth hurts on March 04, 2024, 08:50:31 AMRG is training a Down team by all accounts

Heard he was in the crowd with his kids at the Derry v Dublin game.

Saffron_sam20

Quote from: tbrick18 on March 04, 2024, 09:58:12 AM
Quote from: Truth hurts on March 04, 2024, 08:50:31 AMRG is training a Down team by all accounts

Don't see the issue, man should be allowed to get on with his life rather than every time he leaves the house it being reported

tbrick18

Quote from: Saffron_sam20 on March 04, 2024, 10:22:59 AM

Don't see the issue, man should be allowed to get on with his life rather than every time he leaves the house it being reported

Oh no issue at all, not what I was getting at. I just thought it was interesting that he'd go to a Derry game and I personally wonder does he still have aspirations there.
100% should be able to get on with things, I've said from the start of the whole episode that no-body should be judged based on someone elses social media posts.

lenny

Quote from: tbrick18 on March 04, 2024, 12:25:43 PM

Oh no issue at all, not what I was getting at. I just thought it was interesting that he'd go to a Derry game and I personally wonder does he still have aspirations there.
100% should be able to get on with things, I've said from the start of the whole episode that no-body should be judged based on someone elses social media posts.

I fDonal Trump is allowed to run for the most important job in the world and people vote for him surely RG should be allowed to manage a football team.

yellowcard

Quote from: lenny on March 04, 2024, 06:59:44 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on March 04, 2024, 12:25:43 PM

I fDonal Trump is allowed to run for the most important job in the world and people vote for him surely RG should be allowed to manage a football team.

Trump is hardly the barometer you'd want to be using to measure yourself against given the politicised nature of the US judiciary system.

armaghniac

So does everyone who thinks that Gallagher, who has never been convicted, should be run out of the GAA also think the same should apply to Limerick hurler Kyle Hayes, who was convicted today?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B