Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: antrimman667 on May 27, 2023, 07:54:48 PM
Is there any truth in the rumour that all div 2 games are off tommo???

Wouldn't rule it out as there are unfinished results involving Aldergrove v Sarsfields and Saint Paul's
As I said before I've no idea what this is about, but the Aldergrove/Sarsfields match would have a bearing on top/bottom 6
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Stillwater2

It wouldn't have a bearing. If Sarsfields were to win it they would go onto 12 points but would lose out on points difference. Goes on points difference between the 3 teams involving games of those 3 teams against each other. Sarsfields tried to refix it before the split though !!

imtommygunn

That's not right... sarsfields have a significantly superior score difference to the team above them.

I am not sure what has happened with the games today but sarsfields Dunloy has a 0-0 result and I think sarsfields got the points so are on the same as gnm but too late. (I think they got the points anyway and not sure what it did with score difference)

delgany

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 28, 2023, 11:50:15 AM
That's not right... sarsfields have a significantly superior score difference to the team above them.

I am not sure what has happened with the games today but sarsfields Dunloy has a 0-0 result and I think sarsfields got the points so are on the same as gnm but too late. (I think they got the points anyway and not sure what it did with score difference)

The rules for a three team tie have changed from score difference to  a  'mini- league' between the three teams.  Sarsfields were beaten by the two other teams

imtommygunn

Ah... thanks.

I imagine if that result is up the rest will go ahead.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 28, 2023, 11:50:15 AM

Have Dunloy gave up the ghost ?

imtommygunn

No idea...

Great result for the ladies footballers.

bannside

Indeed. No mean achievement!

Some interesting results in yesterday's round 11 games. St Brigids beating LD at Hannaghstown, Randalstown fairly comfortable looking dispatch of St John's who had taken a big point from Toome a few days before, and a revitalised Creggan grabbing two good points at home to Aghagallon. Glenravel and Ballymena still the teams to beat in Div 2.

imtommygunn

What does division 1 split to - 6 and 7 or 7 and 6?

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 29, 2023, 04:09:35 PM

Top 6
Bottom 7

Bottom half be like a mini championship early on with teams trying to secure their status. Won't be much between 7th and 13th points wise

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on May 29, 2023, 05:28:32 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on May 29, 2023, 04:09:35 PM

Top 6
Bottom 7

Bottom half be like a mini championship early on with teams trying to secure their status. Won't be much between 7th and 13th points wise

Can be competitive and help before championships..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Cheers hoof. Tbh that's where the most interesting bit of division one is. Winning the league not that big a deal but promotion and relegation the interesting bit. Very little between any bottom half. Ahoghill and tnn definitely ahead of what a lot would probably expect.

Hoof Hearted

Only 2 points between 7 and 13 at the minute, Creggan ahoghill result going to be critical now

Only 3 possibly 4 guaranteed top 6 at the minute

imtommygunn

St galls St John's looks like one of those games too.

Hoof Hearted

Creggan and Ahoghill have played though with an Ahoghill win at the minute, but it's not finalised apparently