Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Probably one of our best, if not our best, ever. I think the Antrim twitter site put it on and he has said nothing about it though.

That was a great win yesterday. You consider that Elliot was off for ten minutes too.

SaffronSports

The report in The Saffron Gael says there had been rumours this was it for him. I think he's the type who would want to go out on a high as well by leaving Antrim in the best position possible.

Based on his performances, he absolutely could go again but I suppose we don't know at what cost that's coming at. He's been with Antrim since he was very young and has played longer than all the lads he played with in the early days. Regardless of what he does, he's left a fantastic legacy on the pitch but he's also done an awful lot off it too with regards promotion of the game.

Maybe fancies one last big push for another championship with Cushendall before he hangs them up completely.

Antrim Coaster

Quote from: SaffronSports on May 29, 2023, 10:56:50 AM
The report in The Saffron Gael says there had been rumours this was it for him. I think he's the type who would want to go out on a high as well by leaving Antrim in the best position possible.

Based on his performances, he absolutely could go again but I suppose we don't know at what cost that's coming at. He's been with Antrim since he was very young and has played longer than all the lads he played with in the early days. Regardless of what he does, he's left a fantastic legacy on the pitch but he's also done an awful lot off it too with regards promotion of the game.

Maybe fancies one last big push for another championship with Cushendall before he hangs them up completely.

If he retires from the county he will play on with Cushendall for a few more years.

A good few lads from Sambo and Woody's minor team from back in the day are still plying their hurling trade with their clubs.

I think he will stay on for another year at least. He'll get a few weeks rest, probably a holiday and back on the horse with Cushendall for this year's championship.

imtommygunn

MR question on rules and this is possibly as applicable to football...

Ryan Elliot's black card on Sunday - so he took the man down and the man scored anyway so no foul given but Elliot still given black card. Is that correct?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 30, 2023, 02:49:59 PM
MR question on rules and this is possibly as applicable to football...

Ryan Elliot's black card on Sunday - so he took the man down and the man scored anyway so no foul given but Elliot still given black card. Is that correct?

In intercounty games it seems to be the thing to do, never seen the incident but by the law, if there is a cynical foul stopping someone from scoring then its a black card and penalty, just because he scored doesn't change the initial 'foul' so getting the sin bin is there to hopefully stop that stuff
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Ah ok cheers. So basically if you're going to bring someone down for a black card offense make sure it counts  ;D

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 30, 2023, 03:27:26 PM
Ah ok cheers. So basically if you're going to bring someone down for a black card offense make sure it counts  ;D

Hang on like a rodeo rider for 5 seconds it seems  ;D

johnnycool

Div1 league splits this weekend, the Dall have Portaferry visiting tonight, a must win game for both I'd have thought if either want in the top 6.

We're surprisingly in the mix for a top 6 place, a win from either Rossa at home tonight or away to the Town on Sunday should do it, but injuries are mounting again with our lads...

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: johnnycool on May 31, 2023, 09:29:11 AM
Div1 league splits this weekend, the Dall have Portaferry visiting tonight, a must win game for both I'd have thought if either want in the top 6.

We're surprisingly in the mix for a top 6 place, a win from either Rossa at home tonight or away to the Town on Sunday should do it, but injuries are mounting again with our lads...

Portaferry to cushendall on a Wednesday evening
That's nearly as many hours as a days work from start to finish!!
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

imtommygunn

Big win for ballygalget and portaferry draw with cushendall. Big win for Carey against ballycastle. The ballycastle twitter thread just seems to read another free for Carey and another and another  ;D

Jonkunlon

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 31, 2023, 10:20:43 PM
Big win for ballygalget and portaferry draw with cushendall. Big win for Carey against ballycastle. The ballycastle twitter thread just seems to read another free for Carey and another and another  ;D

Poor look for the club. Reads as sour grapes. They're a disaster.

Loughgiel hammered Ballycran in the league's top two battle. They didn't get out of 2nd gear. Ballycran were tactically naive.

Loughgiel starting to look like a much improved side from the past few seasons. Lots of pace and direct route for the most part. Guilty of overplaying it on occasion at the minute.

Some great young talent in the squad, certainly enough to have Dunloy looking over their shoulder.

Milltown Row2

Loughgiel are Cargin of years ago, every game is important (as it should be) but leagues should never be a gauge to judge the reality

During the league, for me and what I've seen, Loughgiel are above the rest by a good margin. I don't think Dunloy will worry too much until it maters, neither will Cushendall, who'll be happy to know they are viewed as being also rans...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

There's a lot of competition for places in loughgiel I would say too which makes the league a bigger push. Dunloy I notice had only one county player against st johns who looked to have more or less a full quota. Dunloy still way ahead of the pack.

Tbh I thought loughgiel should have beat cushendall last year. I think soon enough they will be second team in the county but if they can push on to be the best is the question. Dunloy very dominant and very young too so I am not sure.

Jonkunlon

Think it will be a few years before Dunloy are caught. Sadly, for the county, there is only 1 club capable of doing so. Not a good situation. Having said that, great work going on with hurling in many NA juvenile teams.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jonkunlon on June 04, 2023, 08:25:30 PM
Think it will be a few years before Dunloy are caught. Sadly, for the county, there is only 1 club capable of doing so. Not a good situation. Having said that, great work going on with hurling in many NA juvenile teams.

That's true to a point but my young nephew is on a team that's working hard and 'competing' but yes the NA teams are pretty good