Big Sam

Started by BennyHarp, September 26, 2016, 11:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PW Nally

Quote from: GJL on September 27, 2016, 09:55:08 PM
Got to laugh at Alan Shearer giving out about Big Sam making England a laughing stock. A bit late Alan, the laughing started a long time ago.  ;D
Don't be tripping over your Man United teddy bear slippers there chuckling away.

Wildweasel74

haven't read any post on the thread, i back track in a minute, surely this is classed as entrapment?? Used to think i hated the English football team, know now it wasn't them its the f**king English media who blow their team up so they can take managers and players down.

Big Sam an idiot , should know better, but it is english football which is left looking a laughing stock all courtesy of a paper who supposed supports them, they rob their mother to sell a few newspapers.

GJL

Quote from: PW Nally on September 27, 2016, 10:00:25 PM
Quote from: GJL on September 27, 2016, 09:55:08 PM
Got to laugh at Alan Shearer giving out about Big Sam making England a laughing stock. A bit late Alan, the laughing started a long time ago.  ;D
Don't be tripping over your Man United teddy bear slippers there chuckling away.

Ehh    oooookkk! 🤔

BennyHarp

Quote from: square_ball on September 27, 2016, 09:58:26 PM
Who else is on that list then? For a start id say Pardew, Redknapp and Bruce.

They'll not touch Redknapp with a barge pole for the same reasons Big Sam was given the boot. I think they'll wait to the end of the season and Arsene Wenger will be approached.
That was never a square ball!!

Asal Mor

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 27, 2016, 10:19:51 PM
haven't read any post on the thread, i back track in a minute, surely this is classed as entrapment?? Used to think i hated the English football team, know now it wasn't them its the f**king English media who blow their team up so they can take managers and players down.

Big Sam an idiot , should know better, but it is english football which is left looking a laughing stock all courtesy of a paper who supposed supports them, they rob their mother to sell a few newspapers.
Doesn't entrapment just relate to criminal law and the police? If a civilian leads someone into committing a crime they wouldn't have otherwise committed it's not entrapment afaik, but if a police officer did, then it would be.

Franko

A long-time club manager must find international management a breeze.  No wage negotiations, contracts, transfers, loans or pretty much any business related shite to worry about.  Football management at it's purest.  Maybe that's why Big Sam felt the need to spice it up a bit.

laoislad

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/27/exclusive-eight-premier-league-managers-took-transfer-bungs-clai/

More allegations coming out tonight. 8 Premier League managers accepted bungs when signing players or in negotiations about the players wages.
If it's ex managers also I'd say Redknapp has to be one without a doubt.  Wouldn't surprise me if Rodgers was one. Why the fcuk else would he sign Super Mario or Benteke ffs!
Wouldn't shock me if Fergie was one either.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

screenexile

Quote from: laoislad on September 27, 2016, 10:40:20 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/27/exclusive-eight-premier-league-managers-took-transfer-bungs-clai/

More allegations coming out tonight. 8 Premier League accepted bungs when signing players or in negotiations about the players wages.
If it's ex managers also I'd say Redknapp has to be one without a doubt.  Wouldn't surprise me if Rodgers was one. Why the fcuk else would he sign Super Mario or Benteke ffs!
Wouldn't shock me if Fergie was one either.

If wishing made it so...

Milltown Row2

Is anyone shocked?? Feck Ferguson even admitted to having an 'envelop' in his drawer for a period of time in his days at Utd.. Nearly sure it was in his autobiography...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

mikehunt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 27, 2016, 11:00:08 PM
Is anyone shocked?? Feck Ferguson even admitted to having an 'envelop' in his drawer for a period of time in his days at Utd.. Nearly sure it was in his autobiography...
Didnt Fergie stop talking to the beeb over some programme that highlighted shady dealings his son was up to as a football agent. Fergie has to be one of the eight.

Wildweasel74

G its so dramatic, nearly like a western, why dont we call them the hateful eight!!

thejuice

From what I can tell, and I'm not speaking as someone who cares that much about soccer of any variety but since I live in England my impression of it is that the game is too entrenched in working class culture. It is a culture that has a very narrow (and often dim) way of viewing the world and most if not all the leading men in English football seem to come from that class and culture. They don't seem to be very bright or ever come in with new ideas. This doesn't just apply to the manager. Whereas the Dutch and Germans seem to have a more varied group of people that coach and organise the game coming from various strata of society. 

By contrast, you don't see a footballing equivalent of Clive Woodward. And Woodward doesn't even come across as anything special when you hear him speak but he was a very good organiser, with a keen attention to detail and would leave no stone unturned when looking for an advantage over the opposition.

Obviously its a bit unfair to compare football and rugby as rugby is not as competitive but English football appears to me that it needs to shake off the working class mentality and culture that surrounds it.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

muppet

Quote from: Asal Mor on September 27, 2016, 10:31:17 PM

Doesn't entrapment just relate to criminal law and the police? If a civilian leads someone into committing a crime they wouldn't have otherwise committed it's not entrapment afaik, but if a police officer did, then it would be.

I think entrapment is illegal in the States. i.e. If you fool someone into a situation where they commit a crime, then you have also committed a crime. But that is not the case afaik in Britain or Ireland.
MWWSI 2017

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: muppet on September 28, 2016, 12:29:47 AM
Quote from: Asal Mor on September 27, 2016, 10:31:17 PM

I think entrapment is illegal in the States. i.e. If you fool someone into a situation where they commit a crime, then you have also committed a crime. But that is not the case afaik in Britain or Ireland.

The key issue in the US for entrapment is whether the person being tricked was tricked into a crime he wouldn't otherwise have committed.  You can trick a prostitute/pimp into selling sex, and arrest them and that's not entrapment, because that's what they would have been doing anyway.   If there is such an entrapment law in England, then the issue would be whether Sam A. was tricked into doing something he otherwise never would have dreamed of, or whether he was just caught engaging in business as usual.

AFS

Quote from: thejuice on September 28, 2016, 12:14:46 AM
From what I can tell, and I'm not speaking as someone who cares that much about soccer of any variety but since I live in England my impression of it is that the game is too entrenched in working class culture. It is a culture that has a very narrow (and often dim) way of viewing the world and most if not all the leading men in English football seem to come from that class and culture. They don't seem to be very bright or ever come in with new ideas. This doesn't just apply to the manager. Whereas the Dutch and Germans seem to have a more varied group of people that coach and organise the game coming from various strata of society. 

By contrast, you don't see a footballing equivalent of Clive Woodward. And Woodward doesn't even come across as anything special when you hear him speak but he was a very good organiser, with a keen attention to detail and would leave no stone unturned when looking for an advantage over the opposition.

Obviously its a bit unfair to compare football and rugby as rugby is not as competitive but English football appears to me that it needs to shake off the working class mentality and culture that surrounds it.

http://www.football365.com/news/are-england-too-thick-to-win-anything