Big Sam

Started by BennyHarp, September 26, 2016, 11:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

English soccer is self regulating. Self regulation doesn't work.
The BT deal is worth £5.14 billion over 3 years. Even Sunderland earn more than Inter Milan. Journeymen players like Fellaini earn millions. Women throw themselves at players. Recently Adam Johnson and Ched Evans have been in the news.  If an agent can secure a new Robben or Iniesta clubs will do anything. It's business.

square_ball

Quote from: BennyHarp on September 27, 2016, 10:29:45 PM
Quote from: square_ball on September 27, 2016, 09:58:26 PM
Who else is on that list then? For a start id say Pardew, Redknapp and Bruce.

They'll not touch Redknapp with a barge pole for the same reasons Big Sam was given the boot. I think they'll wait to the end of the season and Arsene Wenger will be approached.

Oh jesus no not the list for the manager job but the list of people who have also been caught up in this trap. 

ashman

Quote from: seafoid on September 28, 2016, 03:37:42 AM
English soccer is self regulating. Self regulation doesn't work.
The BT deal is worth £5.14 billion over 3 years. Even Sunderland earn more than Inter Milan. Journeymen players like Fellaini earn millions. Women throw themselves at players. Recently Adam Johnson and Ched Evans have been in the news.  If an agent can secure a new Robben or Iniesta clubs will do anything. It's business.

Soccer is corrupt everywhere TBH not just England .  Anyone who takes it serious is a clown .  In most countries it is the game to under educated buffoons. 

Boycey

Haven't caught up with this yet today but is the evidence against these eight solely the word of that Uncle Fester looking agent? A man who was warned off football for 5 years and is currently unlicensed. I hope they have a bit more than that? 

BennyHarp

Quote from: square_ball on September 28, 2016, 07:11:47 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on September 27, 2016, 10:29:45 PM
Quote from: square_ball on September 27, 2016, 09:58:26 PM
Who else is on that list then? For a start id say Pardew, Redknapp and Bruce.

They'll not touch Redknapp with a barge pole for the same reasons Big Sam was given the boot. I think they'll wait to the end of the season and Arsene Wenger will be approached.

Oh jesus no not the list for the manager job but the list of people who have also been caught up in this trap.

Ah right, that makes more sense!  :D
That was never a square ball!!

No wides

Boycey

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, Tommy Wright and Massimo Ceillini are the latest three names in the frame...

ziggysego

Quote from: laoislad on September 27, 2016, 08:05:22 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on September 27, 2016, 07:54:51 PM
The buckeens on sky sport news want Glen Hoddle to replace big Sam  ::) Hoddle should never ever be allowed to manage England again after the disgraceful comments he gave.
If he had made the same comments about black people or Gays he would never have been heard from again.
Disabled people though are fair game apparently.

I think Steve Bruce will get it. I agree with whoever said who would want it anyway.  It really is a poisoned chalice.

Sadly that's true LL. Makes me feel we're "fair game" when it comes to this type of thing.
Testing Accessibility

omaghjoe

Talk about inventing the news.

Soccer is so shite the supporters have to fight each other for entertainment, their reading material consists of players and their WAG lifestyles. And now to further keep the circus going, journalists make news by acting out hypothetical scenarios with the sports protagonists, so we can all tut tut at their lack of ethics.

Over the Bar

I have to say the pint of wine with his Chinese meal was impressive in the video! A fcukin pint glass of white wine!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

square_ball

And there's poor Harry being incriminated now in the latest revelations! Says players were betting in games involving them. Hardly earth shattering news!

BennyHarp

Quote from: square_ball on September 30, 2016, 11:00:49 PM
And there's poor Harry being incriminated now in the latest revelations! Says players were betting in games involving them. Hardly earth shattering news!

I think they are scraping the barrel at this stage. Harry in football corruption shocker.
That was never a square ball!!

LCohen

Quote from: square_ball on September 30, 2016, 11:00:49 PM

Earth shattering no buts worth reporting? Yes. Football needs to clean itself up and letting the corrupt get on with their corrupt ways is hardly the answer

seafoid

The Leipzig manager is being mentioned as a candidate

BarryBreensBandage

Looking at Sam today saving another club from relegation - where did this big scoop from the Telegraph go, about the dark side of football?
There has been absolutely nothing on this story since Allardyce got sacked.
A complete setup by the FA - Sam's face obviously didn't fit for some and they wanted him out.
Plus the seven figure handshake ensured he went quietly.
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".