All-Ireland Final, September 18th, 2016 - Dublin v Mayo

Started by IolarCoisCuain, August 28, 2016, 07:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Jinxy on September 18, 2016, 11:26:13 AM
Brolly gets stuck into Mayo.
Unfortunate headline.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/joe-brolly-defeat-doesnt-hurt-badly-enough-for-these-celebrity-losers-35057246.html

Unfortunately, I must agree with the bustard for once.
Throughout this year's campaign I was damn near close to tears as in each game, Mayo tried valiantly to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. In each game they had a spell when they took complete control of proceedings and displayed their full potential as genuine, formidable contenders, able and willing to mix it with any team in the land. And then the inevitable happened and the proverbial wheels came off the wagon once more. Talk about racehorses morphing to carthorses at the beginning of the second half in every single game!

It's alright to talk shite about winning being the only matter of importance or of Mayo conserving its energies for stiffer tasks ahead etc. etc. Truth is either Dublin or Kerry would have finished any of the games Mayo played in with double-digit victories. They knock the stuffing out of anything in their paths. Mayo have to be credited for not allowing defeat to crush them but, as Brolly might have put it, the Big Guns fall silent when the chips are down.
He's right too in saying that Mayo are good enough but maybe not hungry enough.
Christ! I wish we had a few David Bradys in our dressing room this afternoon. He might not have been pretty to watch but you could be sure that anyone he found slacking off would get an almighty kick up the hole!
There'd be no surrender if he was playing.

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Captain Obvious

The weather conditions should suit Mayo. The lower the scoring the game is the better chance Mayo have of causing an upset.

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Zulu

Mayo will have had Dublin in their sights from a long way out so I'd imagine they'll have something up their sleeve. Don't agree Mayo will necessarily benefit by the rain or a low scoring game. The better team are Dublin with the better 'clutch' forwards so a low scoring game will be edged by them. However, if it's a more gung ho type of game I think Mayo have the team to prosper in that scenario, the Dubs do too of course but I think in a tight low scoring game they have more lads to kick a winner than Mayo.

Hope it's a great game and both teams do themselves justice. Can't wait now.

Wildweasel74

Shamrock Shore

Captain Obvious

Wildweasel74

Not like that Bollix Lane not to issue a black card saying hes famous for it, especially as that foul was why the category was introduced

trileacman

Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Fear ón Srath Bán

Dublin's shooting, so far, is woeful. Even their goal was as a flukey result of a poor shooting effort.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

GalwayBayBoy