The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: screenexile on October 20, 2016, 10:41:32 AM
Paddy Power have already paid out on Hillary...

Unfortunately I don't fancy the mood in the US when the result is announced. There is every chance there will be violence!!

Bluecollar whites are drinking themselves to death in their 50s. Trump brings up Nafta and stagnation and Clinton says there is no problem with the economy. The political system is broken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAoA6zXyWY8

whitey

Quote from: MoChara on October 20, 2016, 10:59:03 AM
I'm wondering what the Wikileaks Email dump on the 1st Nov will bring up, I'd say Hilary's arse is chewing her knickers.

So you think it's a joke that the head of Hillarys campaign is advocating voter fraud on a massive scale?

J70

Quote from: whitey on October 20, 2016, 10:14:55 AM
Quote from: Mayoffs on October 20, 2016, 09:32:55 AM
Quote from: heganboy on October 20, 2016, 04:04:57 AM
Is it possible that he finally blew it?
Won't accept election results?
I'm sitting at an airport and that shook it up a bit. A real wtf at the bar. That is  questioning the the American way, not acceptable. Hillary got a couple of zingers in.

It's all over now, his refusal to accept the result is unprecedented and his praise for Putin because he 'said nice things about me' will be hard to accept for many moderate Reps. Says a lot about the guy's state of mind also. Clinton hammered in a few more nails with comments like Trump would be Putins puppet.
Clinton on the other hand is a corporate puppet.

Typically that would be true, but Podestas wrote an email where he advocates illegals voting in the election. The Democrats are truly a bunch of odious cvnts, and Trump is not far behind

http://www.puppetstringnews.com/blog/wikileaks-podesta-says-its-ok-for-illegals-with-a-driver-license-to-vote

WHERE does Podesta advocate illegals voting??

First, that piece doesn't even indicate which words are Podesta's and which are their own "commentary".

Podesta's words, from Gateway Pundit (a source you've quoted here before) are:

I think Teddy's idea scratches the itch, is pretty safe and uncomplicated.
On the picture ID, the one thing I have thought of in that space is that if you show up on Election Day with a drivers license with a picture, attest that you are a citizen, you have a right to vote in Federal elections

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/10/wikileaks-podesta-says-ok-illegals-vote-drivers-licence/

Second, nowhere in that quote or in the rest of the piece are illegals mentioned nor is any context given suggesting that he is referring to illegals. If its out there, please post it.

The fact is that if you are not listed on the voter list when you show up but are sure you've registered, in most places you can place a provisional ballot on the day. Your status is then checked afterwards before your vote is counted. Would you not expect a driver's license to be a form of ID you'd show?

A smaller number of states allow same day registration. California is still in the process of implementing it.

http://www.ncsl.org/research/elections-and-campaigns/same-day-registration.aspx

muppet

Quote from: whitey on October 20, 2016, 11:15:12 AM
I'm wondering what the Wikileaks Email dump on the 1st Nov will bring up, I'd say Hilary's arse is chewing her knickers.

So you think it's a joke that the head of Hillarys campaign is advocating voter fraud on a massive scale?

This is what he said:

'I think Teddy's idea scratches the itch, is pretty safe and uncomplicated.
On the picture ID, the one thing I have thought of in that space is that if you show up on Election Day with a drivers license with a picture, attest that you are a citizen, you have a right to vote in Federal elections.'

You would have great difficulty persuading anyone, in any court, that this was 'advocating voter fraud on a massive scale' unless you are completely paranoid.
MWWSI 2017

whitey

"If you show up on Election Day with a driver's license with a picture, attest that you are a citizen, you have a right to vote in federal elections."

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck....

J70

Quote from: whitey on October 20, 2016, 11:41:17 AM
"If you show up on Election Day with a driver's license with a picture, attest that you are a citizen, you have a right to vote in federal elections."

And if you are not on the roll, your vote is not counted until your attestation is checked. Its called a provisional ballot.

Seriously, there is plenty of cause for complaint about Hillary without making shit up.

screenexile

Quote from: whitey on October 20, 2016, 11:15:12 AM

I think you're missing the irony in the fact that the entire process from the Primary's to the General to the result and whatever comes after it is all just a huge stinking joke... if you didn't laugh you'd find it difficult to get out of bed in the morning!

whitey

Quote from: J70 on October 20, 2016, 11:55:53 AM

And if you are not on the roll, your vote is not counted until your attestation is checked. Its called a provisional ballot.

Seriously, there is plenty of cause for complaint about Hillary without making shit up.

Attestation is on the honor system in some states

And given Clintons track record, especially this campaign, I wouldn't put anything past them.....the have form

J70

Quote from: whitey on October 20, 2016, 12:11:47 PM
Quote from: J70 on October 20, 2016, 11:55:53 AM

Attestation is on the honor system in some states

And given Clintons track record, especially this campaign, I wouldn't put anything past them.....the have form

It still has to be checked.

If it is so easy, why has there been no evidence uncovered so far?

J70

I would add, whitey, should you not be congratulating Podesta, then, for advocating that a state ID such as drivers license be required?

Gmac

Unfortunately I don't fancy the mood in the US when the result is announced. There is every chance there will be violence!!
there is no chance of violence .

thejuice

Interesting graphic that illustrates what I said a few pages back. As the white demographic goes so goes the GOP.

Not sure about the source but I'd say it's close enough. What the underlying reasons for it are up for debate. Does lower taxes and limited government not appeal to non-Europeans and women?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Jell 0 Biafra

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/17088

On the Podesta e-mail thing....read the rest of the thread of e-mails from the wikileak source page instead of the right-wing spin sites. 

The discussion is about voter turnout and how a poorly designed voter registration system is to blame for relatively low voter turnout.   Podesta's suggestion is simply that a voter who hasn't officially registered to vote prior to election day can still vote (and so it's not too late to get unregistered dem voters to the polls).  No-one is talking about voter fraud or non-citizens voting.

screenexile

Quote from: Gmac on October 20, 2016, 12:53:36 PM

there is no chance of violence .

Well there has already been violence from the Trump crowd during the GE & Primaries what makes you think the depolorables won't start their "revolution" if they don't get their own way?

Gmac

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on October 20, 2016, 02:07:36 PM
https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/17088

On the Podesta e-mail thing....read the rest of the thread of e-mails from the wikileak source page instead of the right-wing spin sites. 

The discussion is about voter turnout and how a poorly designed voter registration system is to blame for relatively low voter turnout.   Podesta's suggestion is simply that a voter who hasn't officially registered to vote prior to election day can still vote (and so it's not too late to get unregistered dem voters to the polls).  No-one is talking about voter fraud or non-citizens voting.
the problem with that is in a state like California there are about 3/4 of million illegals who have got valid drivers licenses  since the start of 2015 so a valid id is not a proof of citizenship