The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmac

I'm hearing another story on her to break Wednesday as well as another video tomorrow .
With the documentary Clinton cash also out there some of this stuff has to be creditable and really prison is the place for her.

whitey

Hillary will not be able to govern.....this is going to put someone over the edge

Everything people have been saying about the Clintons is now being exposed as true

thejuice

Not to mention RussiaToday getting its bank accounts frozen by the UK. There is serious skullduggery going on. All the while there is little or no evidence of Russia hacking the DNC but it would seem they make a nice scapegoat. However I wouldn't like them to poke the bear too hard. It's getting ridiculous now, and all of it unnecessary from what I can see.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

J70

Quote from: thejuice on October 18, 2016, 01:51:38 AM
So what's going on with Wikileaks and Assange. From what I can gather John Kerry made some threats towards Ecuador that they should extradite him ASAP or face serious consequences. Assanges Internet access has been cut off now by Ecuadorian officials.

This follows the leak of Hilarys Goldman Sachs speeches along with the podesta emails and others. There might be some move in the coming hours where he is removed from the embassy and placed under arrest.

This is all from reading Wikileaks tweets and other insider sources which will either be proved true or false as events take shape.

Goes to show how much the establishment, corporations, media and all their backers want Hilary rather than a Trump or Sanders putting the brakes on their gravy train.

Might all be a ruse by Assange as he might have nothing left on her though from what I've read it should already be over for her. Perhaps if she wasn't running against a buffoon like trump it would be, but then only for Trump running against a corrupt hag like Clinton is he still in the race. Bizarre situation. Hard to believe this is what America has to choose between.

If either of them was running against almost anyone else, this election would be done and dusted.

Worst pair of candidates ever.

Gmac

Quote from: thejuice on October 18, 2016, 02:05:59 AM
Not to mention RussiaToday getting its bank accounts frozen by the UK. There is serious skullduggery going on. All the while there is little or no evidence of Russia hacking the DNC but it would seem they make a nice scapegoat. However I wouldn't like them to poke the bear too hard. It's getting ridiculous now, and all of it unnecessary from what I can see.
[/quotei I better stop posting or the gestapo will be banging on the door

Eamonnca1

Quote from: whitey on October 18, 2016, 02:04:28 AM
Hillary will not be able to govern.

Wanna bet? The way the house and senate races are going, it looks like Trump is dragging the whole GOP ship down to the bottom with him. The Republicans are finished for a generation. We're looking at immigration reform, socialized medicine, death penalty abolition, gun control and a load of other progress in the next eight years with plenty of high quality Democrats waiting in the wings to step in next (Booker, Newsom, etc.). The catastrophic GW Bush years are looking more and more like an anomaly.

MoChara

Quote from: J70 on October 18, 2016, 02:10:02 AM
So what's going on with Wikileaks and Assange. From what I can gather John Kerry made some threats towards Ecuador that they should extradite him ASAP or face serious consequences. Assanges Internet access has been cut off now by Ecuadorian officials.

This follows the leak of Hilarys Goldman Sachs speeches along with the podesta emails and others. There might be some move in the coming hours where he is removed from the embassy and placed under arrest.

This is all from reading Wikileaks tweets and other insider sources which will either be proved true or false as events take shape.

Goes to show how much the establishment, corporations, media and all their backers want Hilary rather than a Trump or Sanders putting the brakes on their gravy train.

Might all be a ruse by Assange as he might have nothing left on her though from what I've read it should already be over for her. Perhaps if she wasn't running against a buffoon like trump it would be, but then only for Trump running against a corrupt hag like Clinton is he still in the race. Bizarre situation. Hard to believe this is what America has to choose between.

If either of them was running against almost anyone else, this election would be done and dusted.

This whole thing makes me think of this Malcolm X quote, especially the bit in bold

"It isn't a president who can help or hurt; it is the system. And this system is not just ruling America, it is ruling the world. Nowadays, when a man is running for the President of the United States, he is not running for President of the United States alone; he has to be acceptable to other areas of the world where American influence rules. If Johnson had been running all by himself, he would not have been acceptable to anyone. The only thing that made him acceptable to the world was that the shrewd capitalists, the shrewd imperialists, knew that the only way people would run toward the fox would be if you showed them a wolf. So they created a ghastly alternative. And it had the whole world—including people who call themselves Marxists—hoping that Johnson would beat Goldwater. I have to say this: Those who claim to be enemies of the system were on their hands and knees waiting for Johnson to get elected---because he is supposed to be a man of peace. And at that moment he had troops invading the Congo and South Vietnam! He even has troops in areas where other imperialists have already withdrawn. Peace Corps to Nigeria, mercernaries to the Congo!"

seafoid

Quote from: MoChara on October 18, 2016, 08:59:11 AM

This whole thing makes me think of this Malcolm X quote, especially the bit in bold

"It isn't a president who can help or hurt; it is the system. And this system is not just ruling America, it is ruling the world. Nowadays, when a man is running for the President of the United States, he is not running for President of the United States alone; he has to be acceptable to other areas of the world where American influence rules. If Johnson had been running all by himself, he would not have been acceptable to anyone. The only thing that made him acceptable to the world was that the shrewd capitalists, the shrewd imperialists, knew that the only way people would run toward the fox would be if you showed them a wolf. So they created a ghastly alternative. And it had the whole world—including people who call themselves Marxists—hoping that Johnson would beat Goldwater. I have to say this: Those who claim to be enemies of the system were on their hands and knees waiting for Johnson to get elected---because he is supposed to be a man of peace. And at that moment he had troops invading the Congo and South Vietnam! He even has troops in areas where other imperialists have already withdrawn. Peace Corps to Nigeria, mercernaries to the Congo!"
That is a fantastic quote
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

AZOffaly

What's that movie where the black guy with the same name as a deceased candidate runs and wins? He'd win this election by a mile.

Keyser soze

When I view this there is no bit in bold!!! Though strangely I see it has appeared when I have quoted it.

Clear evidence that the Clintons are controlling this board and what people can see on it!!

thejuice

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on October 18, 2016, 08:11:49 AM
Quote from: whitey on October 18, 2016, 02:04:28 AM
Hillary will not be able to govern.

Wanna bet? The way the house and senate races are going, it looks like Trump is dragging the whole GOP ship down to the bottom with him. The Republicans are finished for a generation. We're looking at immigration reform, socialized medicine, death penalty abolition, gun control and a load of other progress in the next eight years with plenty of high quality Democrats waiting in the wings to step in next (Booker, Newsom, etc.). The catastrophic GW Bush years are looking more and more like an anomaly.

The GOP are finished from what I can see. They would love to go back to nominating a Jeb or a Romney but that will fail miserably as everyone knows they stand for nothing different to Hillary that really matters. They can try pandering to minorities like the democrats but they'll lose the disaffected white vote, though where that vote goes after that is anyone's guess. The libertarians are a joke.

The democrats will have their own problems keeping the neo-cons who are backing Hilary and their multi-faceted base from diverging. But as the podesta emails have shown its only a matter of keeping a "uniformed and compliant electorate".
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

MoChara

Quote from: Keyser soze on October 18, 2016, 10:57:50 AM

When I view this there is no bit in bold!!! Though strangely I see it has appeared when I have quoted it.

Clear evidence that the Clintons are controlling this board and what people can see on it!!

The Wolf back then was Barry Goldwater and obviously Trump is the wolf this time round, but the fun bit is Hilary  worked on the Goldwater election campaign, and still calls herself a Goldwater Girl.

LeoMc

Quote from: MoChara on October 18, 2016, 11:14:07 AM
Quote from: Keyser soze on October 18, 2016, 10:57:50 AM

The Wolf back then was Barry Goldwater and obviously Trump is the wolf this time round, but the fun bit is Hilary  worked on the Goldwater election campaign, and still calls herself a Goldwater Girl.

Was Goldwater that extreme by modern standards? He was an Environmentalist, pro-choice, anti-Religious right and supported legalising marijuana. 

"Do not associate my name with anything you do. You are extremists, and you've hurt the Republican party much more than the Democrats have"

whitey

Quote from: J70 on October 18, 2016, 12:49:59 AM
Given O'Keefe's record, and that of the Planned Parenthood dude, maybe you should withhold judgement for a wee bit.

1 firing and one resignation the fall out so far.

Mayoffs

Not looking good for Trump in the polls ahead of the run in. The allegations of vote rigging are backfiring on him, people are growing tired of his rhetoric, Pence and co barely able to keep hold of the reins. Any other Dem candidate would have blown him out of the water by now with all the ammo he's giving them,  but Hillary's own past issues are keeping Trump in the race.
I agree that these are the worst pair of candidates ever and I'm sticking to what I said before that Hillary will win, not by a huge margin of the popular vote, but she may be forced out of office early.
While I'm not a big fan of the Clintons, I'm angry that Trump is being allowed to carry on with his almost fascist like rhetoric, it's dangerous and borderline criminal and is an insult to the majority of the very people he is supposed to be representing. The only thing Trump has in common with any of his supporters is with a minority who are racists and bigots. His constant use of the term 'Corrupt Hillary' is nothing short of hypocrisy.
Trump has slyly tapped into a large portion of American society that feel unrepresented, trouble is, for them, he's the wrong representative.
we're on the verge of insanity (the verge just got narrower)