The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

His kid is obviously going to a very good school .....good for him/her

Here's UMASS:  https://www.umass.edu/veterans/average-costs-attendance-undergraduate-students

Instate-Tuition , room and board and health insurance $28K

And UMASS, while a good school, wouldn't be ranked by anyone outside of New England

A client of mine, his son just left for Georgetown-all in for $64K

http://college-tuition.startclass.com/l/771/Georgetown-University

whitey

Quote from: screenexile on October 17, 2016, 03:35:30 PM
Quote from: whitey on October 17, 2016, 02:52:43 PM
They leaked debate questions to Hillary......what planet are you on?

A former employee leaked one question after she had left the Network... bad for Brazile but hardly mind blowing stuff!

Eh......wrong.  She was working there at the time of the leak.  The CNN moderated of said debate called it horrifying

www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2016/10/13/cnns-jake-tapper-blasts-leak-of-town-hall-question-to-clinton-campaign-journalistically-its-horrifying/

screenexile

Quote from: whitey on October 17, 2016, 03:55:58 PM

A former employee leaked one question after she had left the Network... bad for Brazile but hardly mind blowing stuff!

Eh......wrong.  She was working there at the time of the leak.  The CNN moderated of said debate called it horrifying

www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2016/10/13/cnns-jake-tapper-blasts-leak-of-town-hall-question-to-clinton-campaign-journalistically-its-horrifying/

So is it CNN with a co-ordinated effort to get Clinton elected or just Brazile on her own?

Look I'm not saying I condone it but you have Hannity on the other side with an hour long Trump love in every night and I'm sure Trump is well prepared for whatever questions Hannity asks whenever he joins the show.

J70

But Tapper says CNN had nothing to do with the leak, and it was one of the other parties involved that gave the question to Brazile.

The article also castigates CNN for employing political operatives like Brazile whose first loyalty is to their party (just like they've employed Lewandowski while he has been on the Trump payroll all summer).

The whole cable news modus operandi is to get biased political operatives to either state slanted opinion as fact, to shout at each other, or to give false equivalency to bullshit opposition. That it has been revealed, in this case, to bite one of them in the arse, should not be a shock to anyone. Shit's been going on for years and is partly why American political discourse is so poisoned.

whitey

Quote from: screenexile on October 17, 2016, 04:01:49 PM

So is it CNN with a co-ordinated effort to get Clinton elected or just Brazile on her own?

Look I'm not saying I condone it but you have Hannity on the other side with an hour long Trump love in every night and I'm sure Trump is well prepared for whatever questions Hannity asks whenever he joins the show.

In my opinion it is a concerted effort.  Here are 2 blatant examples of them getting caught with their hand in the cookie jar and you guys are still in full denial mode. 

False equivalence comparing an interview with Fox News and a debate between 2 candidates where CNN are stacking the deck heavily in favor of one candidate over the other when they are supposed to be an impartial modrrator

J70

Don't think anyone's denying that it happened.

I just have a cynical view of politics and politicians. Connections and dirt and favours are part of the game. And I am fully confident that if Wikileaks had taken time to hack the RNC, that similar revelations would be coming out about favouritism and string pulling. Its just that this year, an outsider who didn't need the RNC has swept all before him, while the ultimate insider and outside personality has harnessed the Dem machine.

muppet

Quote from: joemamas on October 17, 2016, 02:43:46 PM
Quote from: muppet on October 17, 2016, 02:20:09 PM
Quote from: whitey on October 17, 2016, 02:17:46 PM
It's very hard to do an apples to apples because the systems are completely different

I pay $6k a year in property tax, about $3k a year in water charges and a YEARS  tuition at a good college will cost me $40-50k WHEN MY KIDS GO.....so yes while relatively speaking it looks like taxes are lower, Yanks pay an arms and a leg for other things that are virtually free in other parts of  He globe

In fairness that is pretty shocking.

Muppet,

You obviously don't live in the US.
It may be time to take a deep breadth and focus on some facts.

Catholic high school in US avg cost 18-20k, you could argue optional, but not in all cases.
College 55-65k x 4 fact, I just wrote a check for year one. This does not include spending money.
All of the above are post tax #'s

Average Real Estate taxes are 18-25k again post tax #
as mentioned earlier, there are so many stealth taxes today that in reality, tax rate is not anywhere near 44%.
Still not totally unreasonable mind you, except when you hear Hilary say she is going to increase taxes on wealthy again.
At some point, you just retrench and dig in.
Result. You don't take that vacation, impact on who , Taxi driver, hotels workers, people who are less fortunate.
The five year old car become a six or seven year old car, impact on who. a lot of people.
You donate less, impact on who again, less fortunate.

It does trickle down at the end of the day.

I don't and I resent your insinuation that I was somehow not posting facts.

Education and health are fundamental rights in my view and should be freely available to all. However it should be pointed out that making people pay for health and for school/college fees is right-wing ideology.

Trump is advocating tax-cuts for the rich. How do you think the shortfall will be made up and who will pay for it?
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Quote from: muppet on October 17, 2016, 05:30:05 PM
Quote from: joemamas on October 17, 2016, 02:43:46 PM
Quote from: muppet on October 17, 2016, 02:20:09 PM
Quote from: whitey on October 17, 2016, 02:17:46 PM
It's very hard to do an apples to apples because the systems are completely different

I pay $6k a year in property tax, about $3k a year in water charges and a YEARS  tuition at a good college will cost me $40-50k WHEN MY KIDS GO.....so yes while relatively speaking it looks like taxes are lower, Yanks pay an arms and a leg for other things that are virtually free in other parts of  He globe

In fairness that is pretty shocking.

Muppet,

You obviously don't live in the US.
It may be time to take a deep breadth and focus on some facts.

Catholic high school in US avg cost 18-20k, you could argue optional, but not in all cases.
College 55-65k x 4 fact, I just wrote a check for year one. This does not include spending money.
All of the above are post tax #'s

Average Real Estate taxes are 18-25k again post tax #
as mentioned earlier, there are so many stealth taxes today that in reality, tax rate is not anywhere near 44%.
Still not totally unreasonable mind you, except when you hear Hilary say she is going to increase taxes on wealthy again.
At some point, you just retrench and dig in.
Result. You don't take that vacation, impact on who , Taxi driver, hotels workers, people who are less fortunate.
The five year old car become a six or seven year old car, impact on who. a lot of people.
You donate less, impact on who again, less fortunate.

It does trickle down at the end of the day.

I don't and I resent your insinuation that I was somehow not posting facts.

Education and health are fundamental rights in my view and should be freely available to all. However it should be pointed out that making people pay for health and for school/college fees is right-wing ideology.

Trump is advocating tax-cuts for the rich. How do you think the shortfall will be made up and who will pay for it?
A lot of health care premiums are paid by the employer. They grew by 5 or 6% recently and companies cover them meaning there wasn't much left for payrises.
the US has a number of crises coming together at the same time. Inequality, wage stagnation, health inflation, the meltdown of the GOP, a useless Fed,. It is all going very pear shaped.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Gmac

Looks like the clintons and the dnc are behind the violent protests at trump rallies and how they try rise trump supporters to attack them as well as money laundering accusations and several other things arising from secret tapes of Clinton operatives secretly recorded , stay tuned!!!

J70

Quote from: Gmac on October 17, 2016, 11:45:28 PM
Looks like the clintons and the dnc are behind the violent protests at trump rallies and how they try rise trump supporters to attack them as well as money laundering accusations and several other things arising from secret tapes of Clinton operatives secretly recorded , stay tuned!!!

Source?

whitey

O Keefe did some hidden camera stuff that's pretty alarming, but of course it will be swept under the rug...nothing to see here move along

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/10/james-okeefe-reveals-dnc-hillary-campaign-bird-dogging-incite-violence-trump-rallies-pure-evil/

J70

Given O'Keefe's record, and that of the Planned Parenthood dude, maybe you should withhold judgement for a wee bit.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on October 18, 2016, 12:49:59 AM
Given O'Keefe's record, and that of the Planned Parenthood dude, maybe you should withhold judgement for a wee bit.

Oh no....Ive already watched it and he has has them all on tape admitting that they were co-ordinating with the Clinton campaign

http://projectveritasaction.com/rigging-election-video-i-clinton-campaign-and-dnc-incite-violence-trump-rallies.html

J70

Suit yourself. I'll withhold judgement given his track record.

That said, activists provoking opponents is not illegal or new. And if they're now going to start enforcing the wall between campaigns and PACs, both sides will be in bother.

thejuice

So what's going on with Wikileaks and Assange. From what I can gather John Kerry made some threats towards Ecuador that they should extradite him ASAP or face serious consequences. Assanges Internet access has been cut off now by Ecuadorian officials.

This follows the leak of Hilarys Goldman Sachs speeches along with the podesta emails and others. There might be some move in the coming hours where he is removed from the embassy and placed under arrest.

This is all from reading Wikileaks tweets and other insider sources which will either be proved true or false as events take shape.

Goes to show how much the establishment, corporations, media and all their backers want Hilary rather than a Trump or Sanders putting the brakes on their gravy train.

Might all be a ruse by Assange as he might have nothing left on her though from what I've read it should already be over for her. Perhaps if she wasn't running against a buffoon like trump it would be, but then only for Trump running against a corrupt hag like Clinton is he still in the race. Bizarre situation. Hard to believe this is what America has to choose between.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016