Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naomh Pol CLG

Quote from: An Duin Abu on March 09, 2008, 07:22:08 PM
St Paul's are on their way out. Watched them today and they were guilty of some unsavoury incidents to say the least. Football always wins in the end, unfortunately for St Paul's it's something they're not capable of playing. Their intimidation of a young corner forward just out of minor does nothing for our game. Alas they were never capable of bringing players through the underage system so I suppose they wouldn't know an awful lot about developing players and how young fellas confidence etc can be affected. Jack it in now lads , give your pitch to your friends in the local cricket or rugby club and bow out gracefully, Cumann Lutchleas Gael don't need your sort of behaviour in our association!

Thank you very much...One sided blinkered take on todays incidents that don't even deserve reponse. ::)  Where you the referee by any chance.

Bredagh where indeed worthy winners.  We had them on the rack just after our goal, but the sending off killed us.  As usual our heads dropped and we basically through the towel in.  Our coach was most disappointed with this fact rather than the loss. 

But we will regroup at training this week and move forward.  Cuman Luthcleas Gael will have to put up with us for a while longer..

passedit

St Paul's are on their way out. Watched them today and they were guilty of some unsavoury incidents to say the least. Football always wins in the end, unfortunately for St Paul's it's something they're not capable of playing. Their intimidation of a young corner forward just out of minor does nothing for our game. Alas they were never capable of bringing players through the underage system so I suppose they wouldn't know an awful lot about developing players and how young fellas confidence etc can be affected. Jack it in now lads , give your pitch to your friends in the local cricket or rugby club and bow out gracefully, Cumann Lutchleas Gael don't need your sort of behaviour in our association!

There any many fine people involved in keeping Bredagh going through thick and thin and then there's c***ts like you that give the whole club a bad name.
Don't Panic

Square Ball

Passedit

i think he was referring to St pauls
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

passedit

Quote give your pitch to your friends in the local cricket or rugby club and bow out gracefully, Cumann Lutchleas Gael don't need your sort of behaviour in our association!

I was aware of that square ball, he's a disgrace to a fine club
Don't Panic

stpauls

what intimidation of the corner forward, i was watching the game very closely and i didnt see anything of the sort!! what i saw today was a very hard fought local derby, by 2 very rusty teams, with Bredagh's free taking the winning of the game for them, along with our constant need to keep kicking the ball directly to the opposition. if you want to talk about intimidation, some of your supporters, in fact your umpires, wanna learn to keep their mouths shut, instead of threatening to come on to the pitch and 'sock someone in the mouth'. men of their age would need to take a look at themselves and grow up a bit!!

as for people being sent of, the Bredagh corner back should have walked for his judas like rugby tackle on one of our men which led to the bout of handbags, and as was stated before, the ref did well to spot just our man guilty of a foul!! he was definately not the only one!!

Quote from: Dubh driocht on March 09, 2008, 07:27:30 PM
There are,however, a number of tossers on their senior team who are all mouth and trousers but no ability. The worst culprit was the corner back wearing 21. However, I have it on good authority he's an Armagh man.

there were a number of these 'tossers' on both teams today, bredagh's no 14 being the biggest one, but as for ability, our no 21 has more ability than most of the people that were on that pitch!! and does it matter what county he is from, there are plenty of others like him in Down?

DownFanatic

Im in Australia at the moment so its great to see all the Division 3 results being posted. Keep it up. I seen the Saul result there. I heard that Donnie Ritchie (there best player in myopinion) has put in for a transfer to Kilclief. Anybody heard about this?

No1

Ritchie is injured at the minute but I wouldn't expect to see him wearing a S*ul jersey ever again.  He doesn't seem to enjoy playing with the current squad at all.

Kilclief have never approached him and as far as I know the S*ul chairman told him he'll never get a transfer out.  He is good mates with a few Kilclief boys so I can see how it might look.

Pull Hard Hes No Relation

Good win for the senior hurlers yesterday was at the game and the new spirit within the team was clearly evident to see. Best wishes to Simon Wilson who dislocated his knee after falling awkwardly when fielding a high ball in the second half.

Down were full value for their win with Graham not having to make a save of note during the game although Mr Devlin did his best to keep the game close with his usual succession of "soft" frees to the opposition! Down were slow out of the blocks again despite playing with a strong breeze and this bad habit is going to catch them out shortly if it's not addressed. Big Magic was having a field day in the 1st half, great to have the big eejit back as he is some hurler when he wants to be. As usual he flipped throughout the game between being genuine All Star material and junior B hurler. The difference in the Down attack with both himself and Dule back on board is clearly evident and I really am optimistic of a real rattle at the Christy Ring this year.

Defence was solid in terms of keeping it tight at the back with Paddy Hughes hurling very well and big Kieran had another solid game despite taking a bad knock when the Meath centre forward was red carded for pulling across his face in the first half. Ball was about three yards away when the pull occurred and the fact Kieran required three stitches despite wearing a full mask helmet sums up the filth of the pull.

Simon was also having a good game at wing back before having to go off although his distribution leaves a lot to be desired at times, chasing his own score instead of feeding Magic who was roasting the full back. Gabrial Clarke was getting a roasting until Kieran's man was sent off after which he switched to play as the free man. Was surprised at the choice of free man as I'd have utilised either Kieran or Brendan in that role as both are more mobile than Gabrial but it worked out okay.

The extra man seemed to work against Down at times as Gabrial played in front of the full back line but Down's marking around the middle of the field became very loose and Meath started to dominate here despite a solid hour from Andy Savage, Ciaran Coulter wasn't' great with his first touch being very poor, he is a lot better hurler than that so not sure of it was "nerves" in trying too hard to secure his place.

Big Ruari had his usual game of some good things and then some mad things that an U12 wouldn't do but this is now becoming the norm for the big man while Dule had a good game despite being out of sorts a bit in the first half when Down switched Magic out to try and win some more possession during the final ten minutes of the first half. Brendan McGourty was okay and had one of his quieter games would still prefer to see him at midfield as I think this is his more natural position but we struggled for long periods to win primary possession from puck outs particularly in the later part of both halves.

Full forward line was our best line, great performance from big Magic while Conor Woods had a great game and I was surprised to see him being taken off in the final 10 minutes but he set up the first goal and took his point very well. Haven't always being Stephen Clarke's biggest fan but he hurled well yesterday and with a bit of luck could have had a couple of goals indeed the poor quality of the pitch cost Down at least three goals yesterday with players missing simple dips at the last minute when through on goal due to the bounce of the ball.

Looking at the League table this morning Down are top on score difference followed by Carlow both with five points while Derry have four points and Meath have two. Derry have to travel to Carlow yet and have Down at home next week while the best Meath can now hope for is six points. Expect Down to beat Derry next week but even if we don't a win V London would still get us seven points and in all likelihood enough to be in the top two for next year and secure our status in the new Division 2.

Vital win yesterday for hurling in the county and things seem to be progressing well under Jingo. As an aside I see the South Down team struggled to beat Cavan yesterday with the introduction of Eoin Mc Guinness and Jonny Mc Cusker changing the game, when you consider that Newry Shamrocks beat Cavan by 30 points last year without Kieran, Eoin or Artie it puts the South Down performance into context! Some questions need to start to be asked about the selections on this team with fine young hurlers like Alan Higgins etc left on the sidelines while guys of 35 who play for Junior clubs and wouldn't get a game at the likes of Shamrocks, Liatriom or Bredagh starting. With no Bredagh players on the team and the likes of Eoin and Jonny being left on the sideline you have to ask real questions, I know people will say that the two lads weren't at training but both have commitments at college etc and that needs to be taken into consideration as well. The South Down idea is a good concept but it should be used to blood young players as a feeder to the Senior team which is not happening at the moment.

TORGAEL

Pull hard, i was talking to Jonny McCusker on saturday, and he wasnt a happy man about the way hes being treated. He spoke about his committments at Jordanstown and how it was impossible for him to fit in all his training. I think he was hoping for a bit of leeway with the South Down team training but got none !

stpauls

Team        Played   Won   Drew   Lost   GF   PF   GA   PA   Diff   Pts      
Glasdrumman   1   1   0   0   2   15   1   8   10   2         
Ardglass        1   1   0   0   2   10   1   4   9   2      
Drumgath        1   1   0   0   1   17   1   9   8   2            
Bredagh        1   1   0   0   1   12   1   5   7   2      
Drumaness        1   1   0   0   3   7   1   7   6   2            
Glenn        1   1   0   0   1   11   1   10   1   2      
Carryduff        0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0            
Tec'aught        1   0   0   1   1   10   1   11   -1   0      
St. Michael's    1   0   0   1   1   7   3   7   -6   0         
St. Paul's        1   0   0   1   1   5   1   12   -7   0      
Mitchels        1   0   0   1   1   9   1   17   -8   0            
Saul        1   0   0   1   1   4   2   10   -9   0         
Bosco        1   0   0   1   1   8   2   15   -10   0

Glassdrumman   2-15   St John Bosco   1-8         
Ardglass   2-10   Saul    1-4         
Glenn   1-11   Teconnaught   1-10         
Bredagh   1-12   St Pauls   1-5         
Mitchels   1-9   Drumgath   1-17         
St Micheals   1-7   Drumaness   3-7         
Carryduff   Bye      

Maiden1

There are no proofs, only opinions.

passedit

Any fixtures in this morning's IN?
Don't Panic

behind the wire

Quote from: passedit on March 11, 2008, 03:12:17 PM
Any fixtures in this morning's IN?

div 3 fixtures were in irish news but i cant post them.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

5 Sams

Here you go lads.....

Fixtures
Division 3 Series 2 Sunday March 16th
3 00pm Throw in
Carryduff v Glasdrumman, P Brannigan
Bosco v Ardglass, M Cole
Saul v Glenn, S Lowey
Tecconnaught v Bredagh, G Brannigan
St Pauls v St Micheals, P Brownlee
Drumaness v Mitchels, L Morgan

The Aristocrat Years

stpauls

St. Paul's Vs St. Michael's has been moved to the 2nd weekend in April, exact date still to be decided.