Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 28, 2020, 12:37:30 AM
Quote from: Solo_run on March 28, 2020, 12:05:50 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 27, 2020, 11:01:47 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on March 27, 2020, 10:56:31 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 27, 2020, 10:51:47 PM
Any outings to shops we put our clothes  in washing machine as soon as we get in through the door!

This time of year I am wearing a coat and the virus only lasts on fabric for 4 hours, so I don't.

Wife is watching and listening to all the online experts and news

Although 4 hours has been advised and there are ranging times, there's no harm on washing clothes after but as with everything else... Wash your hands after

As I do, gloves on gloves binned ! And showered when I came in! Relentless but once it's a habit it's not an inconvenience

Did you drive? Did you sterlise the car before you drove it again?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: LeoMc on March 28, 2020, 12:11:16 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 27, 2020, 09:53:27 PM
Quote from: Smokin Joe on March 27, 2020, 09:52:03 PM
The owner of the engineering firm might have closed, but not because the government are forcing him to close.

That's what is different.

He closed because he didn't want to endanger his employees ya muppet
Are you not agreeing with each other here. Engineering firm made the decision to close to look after his employees, not because he had to. If owner was a Cnut workers would still be in working away. It should not be down to individuals to decide.

He closed because it's the right thing to do, and lots of companies have, they are in hibernation mode and hope to get through it. The government have advised non essential business's close, this is one example of n many that have.  this fella would work through the night, R&D team will probably be working on things while off work!

Spoke to him about the medical side of things, he does some stuff for Randox and I mentioned Ventilators and ICU's closed shop apparently, could never get into it.

Any business that's open that's not essential )offy's on that list I'd say) shouldn't be open, our two local Offys closed Monday!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on March 28, 2020, 12:43:21 AM
Any outings to shops we put our clothes  in washing machine as soon as we get in through the door!

This time of year I am wearing a coat and the virus only lasts on fabric for 4 hours, so I don't.

Although 4 hours has been advised and there are ranging times, there's no harm on washing clothes after but as with everything else... Wash your hands after

As I do, gloves on gloves binned ! And showered when I came in! Relentless but once it's a habit it's not an inconvenience

Drive (no daily shopping) and wiped down bags and shopping with alcohol wipes, car only has me in it and I use disposable gloves, binned afterwards. The only safe thing to do is stay in completely. But if I'm using the protective procedures what else can you do? I don't meet anyone but my family. I dropped of food for in-laws at driveway.

Other than walking around in a bubble suit with a 2 metre ring attached to you.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tbrick18

Guys anywhere got disposable gloves, alcohol wipes etc for sale? I can't get any.

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 28, 2020, 12:51:00 AM

Drive (no daily shopping) and wiped down bags and shopping with alcohol wipes, car only has me in it and I use disposable gloves, binned afterwards. The only safe thing to do is stay in completely. But if I'm using the protective procedures what else can you do? I don't meet anyone but my family. I dropped of food for in-laws at driveway.

Sensible precautions. After all if it turns out that being a complete bollix is one of the conditions that makes you vulnerable you'll be straight into the at risk category
Careful now

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on March 28, 2020, 07:23:01 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 28, 2020, 12:51:00 AM

Sensible precautions. After all if it turns out that being a complete bollix is one of the conditions that makes you vulnerable you'll be straight into the at risk category

Well if you can get it from talking bollox then we are all doomed on here.

As for the gloves I'd a very over sensitive college and she bought four big boxes for work weeks ago, she's two home with her and I've the other two, I was calling her nuts at the time!

bennydorano

Uk Times today, Britain (unclear if it means Britain the Island or the UK in this instance tbh) on target for 5,700 deaths from Coronavirus. With the wall to wall doom mongering that all media are delivering that would surely appear very optimistic?

Tony Baloney

Wearing gloves is a waste of time imo unless they are worn for a short period of time and then binned. I saw a woman wearing a pair of blue gloves round the shops the other day and when I was putting my shopping in the car I saw her drive off wearing them! There are a lot of VERY stupid people around. In the very same shop all the workers are wearing gloves and it's probably the same pair for long periods of time. Nonsense.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 28, 2020, 09:32:39 AM
Wearing gloves is a waste of time imo unless they are worn for a short period of time and then binned. I saw a woman wearing a pair of blue gloves round the shops the other day and when I was putting my shopping in the car I saw her drive off wearing them! There are a lot of VERY stupid people around. In the very same shop all the workers are wearing gloves and it's probably the same pair for long periods of time. Nonsense.

Agreed, in Lidil the lad was serving everyone with same gloves and touching his face regularly, the muppets lifting items on the shelf no gloves and putting back was done a lot, lift it keep it

armaghniac

Gloves could be a reminder to not touch your face for the duration of the trip to the shop and of course you can wash gloves also.
But people find it hard to break the habits of a lifetime.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: bennydorano on March 28, 2020, 09:21:20 AM
Uk Times today, Britain (unclear if it means Britain the Island or the UK in this instance tbh) on target for 5,700 deaths from Coronavirus. With the wall to wall doom mongering that all media are delivering that would surely appear very optimistic?

I recall an interview within the last two weeks - not sure if it was the Chief Medical Officer or not - who stated that the UK suffers 8,000 deaths a year through the flu and that anything less than 20,000 deaths would be a relatively good outcome for the country. 

I have remarked in recent days though cautious words of optimism about the overall trends in confirmed cases, with the hope that we are not following the 'Italian line'.

armaghniac

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on March 28, 2020, 01:15:19 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on March 28, 2020, 09:21:20 AM

I recall an interview within the last two weeks - not sure if it was the Chief Medical Officer or not - who stated that the UK suffers 8,000 deaths a year through the flu and that anything less than 20,000 deaths would be a relatively good outcome for the country. 

I have remarked in recent days though cautious words of optimism about the overall trends in confirmed cases, with the hope that we are not following the 'Italian line'.

The model that predicted the 5700 suggested 5 times that for Italy and a shocking 8 or 9 times  that for Spain.
The numbers reflect the difference between keeping your health service more or less within what it can cope with and having to refuse ventilators to people.

I'm not sure if these models only account for the summer period or whether they account for a reboot in November.

Itchy

Gloves should be left for frontline workers who dont have them, same with face masks. Concentrate on washing your hands and not touching your face. Over 50 doctors have died in Italy, they are the people who need PPE.

armaghniac

There are some lessons to be learned from this crisis. Having a proper stock of PPE is one of them, any country should have enough for its hosptial staff, GPs, nursing homes, and even for volunteers in the civil defence, Order of Malta etc.

Milltown Row2

Will the natural flu victims fall this year due to the Coronavirus outbreak?

As for not enough PPE no one could ever imagine the scale of PPE required for this as it's never happened to our hospitals. Companies produce this stuff when orders are made, stock can only be held for so long due to warehouse size or storage requirements.

I'd say there are a lot of things that will come out of it that will prepare the place better.