Not born that way

Started by The Iceman, December 14, 2016, 08:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

Quote from: No wides on December 21, 2016, 07:52:16 AM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on December 20, 2016, 11:32:24 PM
Quote from: No wides on December 20, 2016, 02:28:54 PM
For the record people with learning disabilities can have children - but don't let facts get in the way of your bullshit.

So can same-sex couples.

Not by themselves

And...?

J70

Quote from: No wides on December 21, 2016, 04:38:42 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 21, 2016, 01:07:49 PM
Quote from: No wides on December 20, 2016, 10:23:22 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 20, 2016, 02:36:17 PM
Quote from: No wides on December 20, 2016, 02:32:30 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 20, 2016, 02:30:09 PM
For the record people with learning disabilities can have children - but don't let facts get in the way of your bullshit.

I didn't say they couldn't.

You implied it.

"3. I brought up Down Syndrome, another set of traits that naturally affects a minority of people and which could affect someone's ability to procreate, just like homosexuality."

"Could affect" doesn't mean "can't".

So why did you bring up people with learning disabilities?

Its like talking to a wall with you. You say something five times, and it still doesn't permeate whatever barrier exists between your eyes and your brain.

Look up the word "analogy". Then go read Reply #138 on this thread. Its all there in black and white.

You insinuated people with learning disabilities can't have children, or maybe you used that analogy as you think they shouldn't, you then compared these people with learning disabilities somehow to homosexuals and transgenders, you are a nasty piece of work.

What's happening here is that you cannot address the point I was making, so you are trying to distract and change the subject by casting unwarranted aspersions.

A cowardly, sordid, way to debate.

Once again, I said "could affect" their ability to procreate, which is a fact.

But its also kind of beside the point I was making. Whether or not they can or cannot procreate, the main issue is that Down Syndrome is a naturally occurring condition that affects a small minority of people i.e. they're not "normal", to use YOUR words. We nurture these people, as we should (and things have improved mightily in this respect, as I can personally attest to from it affecting different generations of my own family). We don't demonize or sideline or ostracize them. The same way as the more enlightened among us do not demonize or sideline or ostracize gay people, who, just like Down Syndrome sufferers, were born that way.

Finally, it is quite telling that you would call me a nasty piece of work for comparing Down Syndrome people with gays or transgenders in the manner in which I did (i.e. people who were born with and live with different traits from the majority of the population i.e. "normal" people). Cast a little light on what your real opinion is of gay and transgender people.

No wides

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on December 21, 2016, 04:47:58 PM

So can same-sex couples.

Not by themselves

And...?

Just helping you out with a factual statement. Hard to find one here as the thread is littered with a J70 bullshit.

muppet

J70, I admire your patience.
MWWSI 2017

foxcommander

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on December 21, 2016, 04:47:58 PM

So can same-sex couples.

Not by themselves

And...Theres a big difference

fixed it for you Eamon sweetie
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

J70

Quote from: muppet on December 21, 2016, 05:50:19 PM
J70, I admire your patience.

I'm home minding my sick daughter today - have a wee bit of time on my hands! :)

No wides

Quote from: J70 on December 21, 2016, 04:50:55 PM
Quote from: No wides on December 21, 2016, 04:38:42 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 21, 2016, 01:07:49 PM
Quote from: No wides on December 20, 2016, 10:23:22 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 20, 2016, 02:36:17 PM
Quote from: No wides on December 20, 2016, 02:32:30 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 20, 2016, 02:30:09 PM

I didn't say they couldn't.

You implied it.

"3. I brought up Down Syndrome, another set of traits that naturally affects a minority of people and which could affect someone's ability to procreate, just like homosexuality."

"Could affect" doesn't mean "can't".

So why did you bring up people with learning disabilities?

Its like talking to a wall with you. You say something five times, and it still doesn't permeate whatever barrier exists between your eyes and your brain.

Look up the word "analogy". Then go read Reply #138 on this thread. Its all there in black and white.

You insinuated people with learning disabilities can't have children, or maybe you used that analogy as you think they shouldn't, you then compared these people with learning disabilities somehow to homosexuals and transgenders, you are a nasty piece of work.

What's happening here is that you cannot address the point I was making, so you are trying to distract and change the subject by casting unwarranted aspersions.

A cowardly, sordid, way to debate.

Once again, I said "could affect" their ability to procreate, which is a fact.

But its also kind of beside the point I was making. Whether or not they can or cannot procreate, the main issue is that Down Syndrome is a naturally occurring condition that affects a small minority of people i.e. they're not "normal", to use YOUR words. We nurture these people, as we should (and things have improved mightily in this respect, as I can personally attest to from it affecting different generations of my own family). We don't demonize or sideline or ostracize them. The same way as the more enlightened among us do not demonize or sideline or ostracize gay people, who, just like Down Syndrome sufferers, were born that way.

Finally, it is quite telling that you would call me a nasty piece of work for comparing Down Syndrome people with gays or transgenders in the manner in which I did (i.e. people who were born with and live with different traits from the majority of the population i.e. "normal" people). Cast a little light on what your real opinion is of gay and transgender people.

You love the bullshit people born with learning disabilities have a disability are you saying homosexuals are born with a disability as you seem to class the two groups the same?

J70

Try again! ;D

"Normal".

Remember that word? The word that sparked this entire (seemingly) futile exchange and which has come up again and again despite your attempts to go off on irrelevant tangents?

The point is they're both born with traits which leave them among a small minority of people i.e. NOT normal, at least in the sense you and others were using it.

How many more times do we need to go over this? :D

Asal Mor

Without reading back through the thread is it now considered bigoted or ignorant to not necessarily believe that gay people were born gay, even if you don't discriminate and are totally indifferent to the sexuality of others?

J70

Quote from: Asal Mor on December 21, 2016, 08:15:46 PM
Without reading back through the thread is it now considered bigoted or ignorant to not necessarily believe that gay people were born gay, even if you don't discriminate and are totally indifferent to the sexuality of others?

Does the nature v nurture issue really matter?

And unless you are inclined to see homosexuality as a terrible sin/perversion, would it even matter if people chose to be gay (there's no evidence for this, but I'm just asking why it would matter anyway?)

No wides

Quote from: No wides on December 15, 2016, 02:13:57 PM
Regarding trans would there by that many that way inclined if the op wasn't available, nor the gaffer tape to hold it under the arse!

Explain the normality of that. It is all man made.

No wides

Quote from: No wides on December 20, 2016, 10:34:42 PM
Gay cousins aside be interesting to know who arguring here is gay or has a gay immediate family member - no pun intended. Expect silence. Even hetros who like sausage or pie on the side. Cop yourselves on the lot of you.

I notice this went unanswered if it is so normal surely this board is full of gays - Bigfella?

Syferus

I'm thinking it's about an 85% chance this guy is a sick WUP.

J70

Or he's at his xmas party piss-up! ;D

gallsman

Quote from: Syferus on December 21, 2016, 10:02:17 PM
I'm thinking it's about an 85% chance this guy is a sick WUP.

I think he's probably gay. Stew and Iceman too. Secret, repressed gays the lot of them.