Not born that way

Started by The Iceman, December 14, 2016, 08:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid waddell

Ironic that a poster called "No Wides" keeps writing posts that are so far wide of the mark that they'd go out for a sideline ball.

Although I guess that technically means he still has no wides.

But plenty of wide berths, I bet.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: The Iceman on December 16, 2016, 05:12:46 PM
But surely any parent would look for ways to justify anything there child did or was to make it right in their minds?

The high profile case of the college kid who raped an unconscious girl... his Father tried to justify it because he couldn't believe his son was anything but normal and perfect.
i'm not comparing homosexuality to rape but I am using a high profile example to prove what many parents do, think and say in defense of their children.  Neither makes it right....

I still care for my cousin - that will never stop. Do I want to see him slow dancing with his boyfriend at the next family wedding or courting him? Nope. And nothing anyone says will ever change that. Do I have to acknowledge and accept his lifestyle choice? Nope. I will tolerate that it is who he is and love him still the same but I won't applaud it.

Appreciate everyone's input (minus the insults).

Yes you are.

No wides

All the liberals with cousin's who are gay. If your son came home with the boyfriend you may accept it but you would never look at him or treat him the same way again. Fair fucks iceman for standing up to the hypocrites.

Syferus

What depressing, backwards thinking. And the losers last year wondered why there was such a celebration over the Yes vote. It's directly related to the sentiments expressed in this thread.

michaelg

Quote from: No wides on December 17, 2016, 08:03:36 AM
All the liberals with cousin's who are gay. If your son came home with the boyfriend you may accept it but you would never look at him or treat him the same way again. Fair f**ks iceman for standing up to the hypocrites.
Would you feel the same if your daughter told you she was gay?

J70

All the liberals with cousin's who are gay. If your son came home with the boyfriend you may accept it but you would never look at him or treat him the same way again. Fair f**ks iceman for standing up to the hypocrites.

Don't project your own prejudice onto the rest of us.

No wides

Quote from: michaelg on December 17, 2016, 12:30:23 PM
Would you feel the same if your daughter told you she was gay?

Interesting your mindset that you ask such a question.

No wides

Quote from: J70 on December 17, 2016, 01:07:05 PM

That's my boy just on cue with the homophobic card. As predictable as ever.

J70

Quote from: No wides on December 17, 2016, 02:04:27 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 17, 2016, 01:07:05 PM

That's my boy just on cue with the homophobic card. As predictable as ever.

So let me get this straight:

YOU accuse us, without any evidence whatsoever, of being hypocrites and secret homophobes who would not "look at... or treat" a son who came out as gay "the same way again".

I tell you to stop projecting your own personal prejudice onto the rest of us, and I'm playing the homophobic card?

Well go on then. Tell us on what you're basing your accusations of us changing our attitudes towards our purported gay son.

macdanger2

It's gas the way some people try to frame things

Person A: makes homophobic / racist remark - this is known as "calling it as it is"
Person B: tells person A that his remark was homophobic / racist - this is known as "playing the ____ card" or "PC bullshit"

No wides

What's this US. Is J70 speaking for the whole GAABOARD was there an election or is his arrogance as such he has simply assumed the mantel.

No wides

Quote from: macdanger2 on December 17, 2016, 05:21:02 PM
It's gas the way some people try to frame things

Person A: makes homophobic / racist remark - this is known as "calling it as it is"
Person B: tells person A that his remark was homophobic / racist - this is known as "playing the ____ card" or "PC bullshit"

You want to quote any homophobic remarks?

J70

Quote from: No wides on December 17, 2016, 05:50:54 PM
What's this US. Is J70 speaking for the whole GAABOARD was there an election or is his arrogance as such he has simply assumed the mantel.

"All the liberals..."

I don't claim to speak for anyone else, but I am one of the liberals against whom you are making accusations. Hence the "us".

Now... are you going answer my question from the previous post or are you just going to try to deflect and change the subject with irrelevant bluster?

No wides

I standby my post I doubt you could prove me wrong unless of course your son brought the boyfriend home and your relationship towards him never changed one bit.  But then again you would say anything on an internet forum to sound extremely liberal.