Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Quote from: bannside on February 28, 2023, 05:13:01 PM
South Armagh men rubbing their hands lol.

Every border no matter where it is in the world creates an opportunity for smuggling. Alcohol, Tobacco, Oil, People.. the list is endless.

Armagh18

Quote from: Main Street on March 03, 2023, 12:37:12 AM
I take it that under this new agreement, NI business cannot directly export goods to the EU/EEA  areas as if they were still  a part of the Union but will be regarded as UK and subject to the terms of the agreement Britain has with the EU, that the green lane is just between Britain and NI?
How will goods flowing from NI UK to south EU  be regulated?
They won't

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Main Street on March 03, 2023, 12:37:12 AM
I take it that under this new agreement, NI business cannot directly export goods to the EU/EEA  areas as if they were still  a part of the Union but will be regarded as UK and subject to the terms of the agreement Britain has with the EU, that the green lane is just between Britain and NI?
How will goods flowing from NI UK to south EU  be regulated?

NI will still be in the single market and able to sell goods freely to Europe.

Main Street

Those Unionists got off lightly considering their absolute hard assed bigoted  political and economic positions these past years. Re the protocol, I see they didn't put forward any alternative  plan, just a demand that others fix it to their satisfaction.

imtommygunn

They never have any solutions to anything though.

They had 7 red lines and then the closer it came to it looking like something might be resolved they then changed the goalposts and added one with the ECJ stuff.

There's nothing that would please them bar a hard border but they know they can't come out and say it.

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 03, 2023, 12:00:46 PM

They had 7 red lines and then the closer it came to it looking like something might be resolved they then changed the goalposts and added one with the ECJ stuff.

There's nothing that would please them bar a hard border but they know they can't come out and say it.

These guys pine for a hard border between North and South. They'd love nothing more than a Trump-style wall on the border and it can't be wide enough or tall enough for them. Their problem with the protocol mysteriously only appeared when polling results for the last assembly election showed their days of lording it over everyone else were numbered.

Don't kid yourselves this is about anything else regardless of what smoke and mirrors they are inventing.

Armagh18

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on March 03, 2023, 12:14:06 PM

These guys pine for a hard border between North and South. They'd love nothing more than a Trump-style wall on the border and it can't be wide enough or tall enough for them. Their problem with the protocol mysteriously only appeared when polling results for the last assembly election showed their days of lording it over everyone else were numbered.

Don't kid yourselves this is about anything else regardless of what smoke and mirrors they are inventing.
This in a nutshell. That needs emphasised at every opportunity

gallsman

Lovely Brexit dividend there today that I had no idea about. My wife has started a new job here and issued her first invoice yesterday. Company insistent that she invoice their UK business and would be paid in Euros. Payment promptly arrived this morning. Along with an 18e commission from the bank here for receiving a payment from outside the EEA, even though it was in €. Bastards  >:( >:( >:( Having a look around suggests the banks around Europe brought it in on Day 1 essentially but this is the first time we've been in the position.

Will be taking the payments via Revolut/Transferwise going forward.

armaghniac

Quote from: gallsman on April 04, 2023, 12:09:23 PM
Lovely Brexit dividend there today that I had no idea about. My wife has started a new job here and issued her first invoice yesterday. Company insistent that she invoice their UK business and would be paid in Euros. Payment promptly arrived this morning. Along with an 18e commission from the bank here for receiving a payment from outside the EEA, even though it was in €. Bastards  >:( >:( >:( Having a look around suggests the banks around Europe brought it in on Day 1 essentially but this is the first time we've been in the position.

Will be taking the payments via Revolut/Transferwise going forward.

Revolut would be have less commission, or open an Sterling account in the 6 counties and transfer the money when it suits.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

gallsman

Revolut or TransferWise.

Our Revolut IBANs are LT, so can do euro transfer from them to Spain for free up to 1k a month with standard account. Chatted with them earlier and they confirmed no fee on inbound transfers in Euro, even if from a GB IBAN. If they're talking shite I at least have that chat to fall back on.

If not, will go for TransferWise's borderless account.

Fur chatting to Revolut they've given me two months of free premium with no long term commitment or automatic renewal.

Piskin

Bang on

seafoid

Quote from: Piskin on April 25, 2023, 11:34:11 PM

Bang on
The return of a hard border is one of their fantasies. Most of what the DUP and Allister want is deluded.
They take the piss out of their own voters. I would love  to know who funds them.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on April 26, 2023, 08:35:14 AM
Quote from: Piskin on April 25, 2023, 11:34:11 PM

Bang on
The return of a hard border is one of their fantasies. Most of what the DUP and Allister want is deluded.
They take the piss out of their own voters. I would love  to know who funds them.

Who funds them? wealthy business men who ask for favours in return, its the same all over the world! Funding someone 2 million and getting some sort of tax break or planning permission that will earn them 5 times that 'investment' is business, probably (and I know one business man that did) don't or would never voter for them in their life.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Day to day yes but who funded their brexit campaign?