Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quote from: t_mac on July 27, 2019, 08:29:43 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 26, 2019, 05:54:56 PM
I would imagine SFs view is to let the clowns self destruct as much as possible hopefully leading to Scottish Independence and a majority in the North wanting to get away from nut job England/Wales.

Whilst 100,000+ lose their jobs on the island of ireland - I voted Sinn Fein in every election since the late 90's bar this year and will never vote for them again, they are letting their people down time and time again, shameful.

I think you have to think what's less painful... a few years of hardship before getting up to speed with the republic, or living the rest of your life under the economic/social abomination that is partition.

t_mac

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 27, 2019, 09:43:58 AM
I would imagine SFs view is to let the clowns self destruct as much as possible hopefully leading to Scottish Independence and a majority in the North wanting to get away from nut job England/Wales.

Whilst 100,000+ lose their jobs on the island of ireland - I voted Sinn Fein in every election since the late 90's bar this year and will never vote for them again, they are letting their people down time and time again, shameful.

I think you have to think what's less painful... a few years of hardship before getting up to speed with the republic, or living the rest of your life under the economic/social abomination that is partition.

So are you happy enough to lose your job, possibly your home have all that stress and turmoil on you and your family's doorstep because elected politicians refuse to take their seats in any elected office but still get paid - genuine question would you take that hit and all that comes with it?

RedHand88

Quote from: t_mac on July 27, 2019, 09:58:05 AM

So are you happy enough to lose your job, possibly your home have all that stress and turmoil on you and your family's doorstep because elected politicians refuse to take their seats in any elected office but still get paid - genuine question would you take that hit and all that comes with it?

Am I really going to lose my job and home because Francie Molloy doesn't enter the house of commons? Really??

t_mac

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 27, 2019, 10:06:50 AM

Am I really going to lose my job and home because Francie Molloy doesn't enter the house of commons? Really??

Are you a political - that was some swerve from the question - ill break it down, because a no-deal is a real possibility and because it could pass with a few votes in House Of Commons over 100,000 people on the island of Ireland could lose there jobs - my question again to you.

Are you happy for Sinn Fein to not attempt to stop a no-deal and you lose your job as a result, or are you in a position where a no-deal won't affect your job so you are happy for everyone else to suffer for years to maybe get a United Ireland?

Ronnie

SF's MPs could make a difference in HC but I think the PM has already decided that, in the event of Parliament trying to block the Govt, he's happy enough to suffer a vote of no confidence and thus call an election (despite what he said yesterday).   I'd wager that he'd win that election.

t_mac

Quote from: Ronnie on July 27, 2019, 10:25:39 AM
SF's MPs could make a difference in HC but I think the PM has already decided that, in the event of Parliament trying to block the Govt, he's happy enough to suffer a vote of no confidence and thus call an election (despite what he said yesterday).   I'd wager that he'd win that election.

I agree - the brexiteers are like the Orangemen on the 12th, well organised and will do a pact with Farage, the remainers are like Nationalists parading on St Patricks day all over the place and like SDLP and Sinners won't do a pact, Liberals and Labour also won't so Tories will have a 40+ seat majority in any election!

RedHand88

Quote from: t_mac on July 27, 2019, 10:13:46 AM

Are you a political - that was some swerve from the question - ill break it down, because a no-deal is a real possibility and because it could pass with a few votes in House Of Commons over 100,000 people on the island of Ireland could lose there jobs - my question again to you.

Are you happy for Sinn Fein to not attempt to stop a no-deal and you lose your job as a result, or are you in a position where a no-deal won't affect your job so you are happy for everyone else to suffer for years to maybe get a United Ireland?

Of course I'm not happy. I'd far rather a united Ireland without any bumps and everyone well off. Partition is an absolute abomination and has done nothing for anyone besides big house unionism. It is a plague on this island.

I'm paid 50% less than people half an hour down the road doing the exact same job because of partition. It's b0llocks and I'm sick of it. Yes, I'm afraid of the economic implications of Brexit, but im far more worried about the status quo carrying on for the next 50 years.

BennyCake

I voted for them in the past. Haven't done so for 10+ years.

They are a useless shower of pricks. This whole Brexit/Stormont closure shows that. SF orchestrate political turmoil so that they can stay relevant (as do the DUP). If all was running smooth, they would cease to be relevant. SF are exactly the opposite to what the whole of ireland needs. A bunch of self-serving, spineless, shit-stirring wankers.

t_mac

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 27, 2019, 10:34:30 AM

Of course I'm not happy. I'd far rather a united Ireland without any bumps and everyone well off. Partition is an absolute abomination and has done nothing for anyone besides big house unionism. It is a plague on this island.

I'm paid 50% less than people half an hour down the road doing the exact same job because of partition. It's b0llocks and I'm sick of it. Yes, I'm afraid of the economic implications of Brexit, but im far more worried about the status quo carrying on for the next 50 years.

I work over an hour from my home!  So to be clear you are happy for 100,000+ people to lose their jobs including yourself, and all the implications that brings to families and communities.  If brexit has taught us anything it is you can't just cut ties from decades and decades of alignment, a United Ireland is an amazing goal, but it has to be managed and a no-deal is not the way to do it, the Shinners need to step up, Gerry Adams said the IRA haven't gone away you know - looking at the media, at elected establishments etc it looks like Sinn Fein have gone away and been away for years!

charlieTully

Quote from: trailer on July 26, 2019, 03:10:51 PM
The last few exchanges says everything you need to know about SF and their supporters.

SF and their supporters are your relatives friends fellow club men and women, colleagues etc etc etc

seafoid

Johnson is going for an election . If he gets a majority he can shaft the DUP
and impose the backstop between the 2 islands

RadioGAAGAA

I'm paid 50% less than people half an hour down the road doing the exact same job because of partition

What is the cost of living half an hour down the road?

i usse an speelchekor

OgraAnDun

The 100,000 figure is that 100,000 less jobs will be created in the long term due to a hard Brexit, not that 100,000 people will lose their jobs. The short term pain of a hard Brexit will be tough enough but medium to long term, Ireland will be fine.

RedHand88

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on July 27, 2019, 01:53:39 PM
I'm paid 50% less than people half an hour down the road doing the exact same job because of partition

What is the cost of living half an hour down the road?

Certainly not 50% more, that's for sure.

RedHand88

Quote from: t_mac on July 27, 2019, 10:45:05 AM

I work over an hour from my home!  So to be clear you are happy for 100,000+ people to lose their jobs including yourself, and all the implications that brings to families and communities.  If brexit has taught us anything it is you can't just cut ties from decades and decades of alignment, a United Ireland is an amazing goal, but it has to be managed and a no-deal is not the way to do it, the Shinners need to step up, Gerry Adams said the IRA haven't gone away you know - looking at the media, at elected establishments etc it looks like Sinn Fein have gone away and been away for years!

Thank God there wasn't boys like you around Germany in the late 80s.