Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ludermor

You can have demons and mental illness but still be a ****!

BennyHarp

Quote from: ludermor on October 04, 2016, 03:58:18 PM
You can have demons and mental illness but still be a ****!

Fair enough - but it depends how much of his media persona is due to his mental state. Most people with a mental illness don't have to deal with the level of media scrutiny that comes with being heavyweight champion of the world.
That was never a square ball!!

JimStynes

I know people who know him through boxing circles and they have nothing but good things to say about him. He has visited lots of the local boxing clubs here and apparently didn't act like some celebrity dickhead and took lots of time to talk and work with the kids in the club. He's a bit of a header but the media persona is very likely different to his normal one.

BennyHarp

bennydorano

Bellew wins 1st Cruiserweight defence handily. The afters with David Haye was hilarious! Haye is a bit of a fraud.

bridgegael

Haye would take care of Bellew quite easily I think.  Hard to warm to Bellew.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

BennyHarp

I thought Bellows actions were just embarrassing tonight. There's no real beef between those two boxers and pretending there is so he can bluff his way back on to pay per view like his borefest v Nathan Cleverly is as fraudulent as anything he's accusing Haye of. Haye would spark him out inside two rounds.

Tony Baloney

Haye is a bit of a tube but I'd like to see him put Bellew to sleep after that shite tonight. Jumping out of the ring like that is WWE style stuff.

gallsman

Have just watched fight. Sky completely ignoring that the beginning of the end for Flores came from one of the most blatant low blows you could ever see. Square in the balls.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 15, 2016, 11:27:13 PM
Haye is a bit of a tube but I'd like to see him put Bellew to sleep after that shite tonight. Jumping out of the ring like that is WWE style stuff.

Also he called him Sponge Bob and he clearly meant Sideshow Bob I think.

gallsman

Yup, came across as a bit thick alright. He's right about Haye's comeback opponents being pathetic though so it's impossible to know where Hate really is or what he has left. Peak Hate would batter him inside two I think.

nrico2006

Haye has fought a few bums, which is understandable given the time he was out. 

But Bellew is a tool, embarassing watching a champion trying to chase a fight as he knows he will only get a big pay day from fighting Haye.  No way Hearn will let it happen at HW either, but that doesn't matter as Haye will clobber him inside 4 rounds.   Bellew ran away from the LH division to a division with very little talent in it.  His last two fights have been against poor fighters yet in each he was taking shots that a decent fighter would have put him away with.  Laughed when he spouted about Spongebob instead of Sideshow Bob, what a plonker. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

Big Belfast bouts tonight... thought Barnes looked a bit nervous during the stare after the weigh in!!

Should be easy enough wins but ya never know
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Should have been easy for him in the olympics too!!