Peil na mBan 2015

Started by drici, July 25, 2015, 05:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mclf

Quote from: Syferus on August 28, 2016, 12:18:03 AM
There was a massive effort in Mayo this year to try and get Cora one more AI before she retired. There was an opening as Cork are definitely less dominant than they have been in recent years this season. That game was there for Mayo to take in the final ten minutes.

You getting all excited about Mayo as usual, when you going to call off the pretence and admit you have a serious thing for all things rhubarb?

sligoman2

Two really good games on Saturday. Hard luck to Sligo.  Can't understand why 8 yellow cards were dished out in a very clean and sporting game.

Well done to Katie Walsh and all the sligo girls - good luck to Kildare in the final
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Maroon Manc

Only watched the last 20 minutes and Mayo would probably have won if Cora Staunton wasn't so greedy.

mrhardyannual

Quote from: Maroon Manc on August 29, 2016, 12:47:09 PM
Only watched the last 20 minutes and Mayo would probably have won if Cora Staunton wasn't so greedy.
Assinine comment. Cora has given unbelievable service to Mayo Ladies since 1995 and will only truly be missed when she's gone. Her contribution to Mayo puts her miles above your mealy-mouthed comment. If the rules were applied as the were in the Intermediate game , at least three of the Dublin backs would have been yellow carded for fouling her. That's not to say that Mayo didn't foul too or even deserved to win, but any fair-minded viewing of the treatment dished out to Cora in a supposedly non-contact sport with minimal protection from referees, would have to agree that she is more sinned against than sinner.

So head away off, taking your bile with you, and be glad that you had the privilege of seeing her play.

blast05

Wow, click on both pictures and look at the 'Cablevision' advertising board

https://twitter.com/cormacpro/status/770013373522141184

Jinxy

Padraig Joyce would have been proud of that run-up.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Maroon Manc

Nobody is above criticism even the great Cora Staunton who is probably the greatest ladies player of all time, as I stated I only watched the last 20 minutes and in that time she probably had 6 or 7 attempts from bad angles that either dropped short or went wide. In that time Mayo worked a brilliant goal and a few other points without her involvement.

muppet

Quote from: Maroon Manc on August 29, 2016, 07:45:06 PM
Nobody is above criticism even the great Cora Staunton who is probably the greatest ladies player of all time, as I stated I only watched the last 20 minutes and in that time she probably had 6 or 7 attempts from bad angles that either dropped short or went wide. In that time Mayo worked a brilliant goal and a few other points without her involvement.

She had a few bad wides at the end and indeed at the start. Played well in between that, although I wasn't impressed by her reaction to the Mayo goal.

Greatest player of all time though without a doubt.
MWWSI 2017

shark

Quote from: blast05 on August 29, 2016, 03:19:45 PM
Wow, click on both pictures and look at the 'Cablevision' advertising board

https://twitter.com/cormacpro/status/770013373522141184

Staunton's crucial goal against Westmeath in the 1/4 final was just as bad. She was inside the penalty spot when she kicked it.