Android Phone

Started by tbrick18, September 12, 2011, 09:09:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

Quote from: tbrick18 on August 28, 2015, 10:38:58 AM
Just recently got an Elephone P8000 through work.
Its basically a Samsung Galaxy Note, only a bit thicker and the chip not just as good, but its a top notch phone.
Battery life is amazing, I get about 2-3 days. 15M camera too which is nice.
I think they are about £160.

Still feeling the love for the Elephone? Anyone else bought from them? Thinking of picking one up for my wife so I can give her my now-antique Smart Ultra.

laoislad

Quote from: deiseach on March 15, 2016, 09:45:34 AM
Quote from: tbrick18 on August 28, 2015, 10:38:58 AM
Just recently got an Elephone P8000 through work.
Its basically a Samsung Galaxy Note, only a bit thicker and the chip not just as good, but its a top notch phone.
Battery life is amazing, I get about 2-3 days. 15M camera too which is nice.
I think they are about £160.

Still feeling the love for the Elephone? Anyone else bought from them? Thinking of picking one up for my wife so I can give her my now-antique Smart Ultra.
I was just about to press buy it now on eBay last night on one of these when I had a change of heart. I searched a bit further and ended up buying a LG G3 for €120
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gallsman

Have been using the OnePlus 3 the last month or so and it's a big step up from the One. The fast ("Dash") charge is absolutely unreal.

take_yer_points

Quote from: gallsman on August 22, 2016, 02:59:23 PM
Have been using the OnePlus 3 the last month or so and it's a big step up from the One. The fast ("Dash") charge is absolutely unreal.

I've been using a OnePlus Two since early June after seeing it recommended on here. Great phone, won't be rushing back to an iPhone anytime soon

ludermor

Did you try the Oneplus 2 at all?
Like take_yer_points i have been using it since last autumn and i think its a great phone.

gallsman

Quote from: ludermor on August 22, 2016, 03:51:20 PM
Like take_yer_points i have been using it since last autumn and i think its a great phone.

No, I skipped it as I didn't think the improvement on the One was was big enough to upgrade. The Three is a different story though. Best phone I've had by a mile.

BenDover

any recommendations for a new upgrade? Due to renew in the next few weeks and toying with the idea of buying the Moto G4 and going SIM only.

oakleaflad

Quote from: BenDover on September 08, 2016, 12:55:48 PM
any recommendations for a new upgrade? Due to renew in the next few weeks and toying with the idea of buying the Moto G4 and going SIM only.
I've got it and can't fault it. I think it's the best value for money phone there is.

ludermor

Quote from: gallsman on August 22, 2016, 05:18:16 PM

No, I skipped it as I didn't think the improvement on the One was was big enough to upgrade. The Three is a different story though. Best phone I've had by a mile.
Apologies Gallsman only seen this now, i think ill treat myself to the Three :)

gallsman

Depending on if you're in the north or south I think they might have introduced sales restrictions as, despite getting rid of the invite system, they couldn't cope with demand. Think it ends next week.

Have had the phone a good while now and am delighted with it. The battery isn't exceptional which is disappointing but with the Dash charging, that doesn't really matter.

armaghniac

I got a Oneplus X, as a replacement for the original Moto G. I wanted the smaller screen and it is cheaper than a Oneplus 3.
Happy enough with it, although the battery life isn't anything special.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BenDover

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on September 21, 2016, 03:45:23 PM
Quote from: BenDover on September 21, 2016, 01:55:12 PM
http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/redmi-note-3-pro-prime-networks-16-32gb-rom-aliexpress-xiaomi-authorized-108-93-2514458?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=09212016&utm_campaign=Daily%2BHot

Do any of ye's have one of these? It's a toss up between this and the Moto G4 for my next phone atm.

I have a Xiaomi Redmi 3S. Great phone. Battery lasts forever.
One of these arrived yesterday, purchased for £105 in the 11/11 sale from GearBest, so far an excellent phone. MIUI8 update installed as soon as I turned it on and connected to Wifi, Google Play already installed so no hassle setting it back up to the way I had my Z3 Compact. Battery life on down 30% from yesterday afternoon and that's after me messing around testing different features. Works on my EE Sim.
Good shout Geoff Tipps

laoislad

Quote from: BenDover on November 29, 2016, 08:29:59 AM
Quote from: Geoff Tipps on September 21, 2016, 03:45:23 PM
Quote from: BenDover on September 21, 2016, 01:55:12 PM
http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/redmi-note-3-pro-prime-networks-16-32gb-rom-aliexpress-xiaomi-authorized-108-93-2514458?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=09212016&utm_campaign=Daily%2BHot

Do any of ye's have one of these? It's a toss up between this and the Moto G4 for my next phone atm.

I have a Xiaomi Redmi 3S. Great phone. Battery lasts forever.
One of these arrived yesterday, purchased for £105 in the 11/11 sale from GearBest, so far an excellent phone. MIUI8 update installed as soon as I turned it on and connected to Wifi, Google Play already installed so no hassle setting it back up to the way I had my Z3 Compact. Battery life on down 30% from yesterday afternoon and that's after me messing around testing different features. Works on my EE Sim.
Good shout Geoff Tipps
Ordered one today for the wife. Is it still going OK for you?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.