Battle of the Boyne - Meath Vs Louth - Leinster Final 11/7/2010

Started by thejuice, June 29, 2010, 06:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Yes - good decision. I think you might be right about Ward needing a boot, meathie. He has talent in abundance and plenty of power and strength but never seems to use any of them to their full potential. He gives the impression of operating in a comfort zone and of lacking a bit of fire and determination.

Of course it's outrageous to be making psychological assessments based on watching a lad from a distance, but he just gives the impression that if a lump of ginger was stuffed under his tail he's capable of mighty stuff.

Jinxy

I just don't see it to be honest lads.
He's just too awkward.
You can get away with that to a certain extent if you are fielding plenty of kick-outs but he doesn't do that either.
He's plenty big enough but he doesn't seem to be able to get off the ground at all.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Hardy

I dunno Jinxy. I seem to remember him showing great potential in his first year on the team - catching high ball, using his strength, making strong runs, etc. It's as if he was doing his best then and full of drive and enthusiasm but seemed to settle into a comfortable mode when he thought he had his place nailed down. Amateur psychology, I know, but I just don't doubt his ability as much as you. He does seem to lack a football brain, though - makes wrong decisions, gets blocked too easily, etc.

BerfArmagh

mackers

Yea, good luck to Louth. There was a lot of support for us from Louth when we were going well, hopefully they'll make history on Sunday.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Jinxy

Some weekend of GAA action ahead.
Can't wait to wind down with a few pints this evening.
May the best team win.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

thejuice

Looking forward to this now, happy with our team, it pretty much picked itself at this stage. Feeling it will be a close one, its all down to what happens on the day, I don't know if our midfield will be out of it like the last day. Crawford and Meade can match most midfielders.

Either way if Louth win it will be great to see them land the trophy after 50+ years and I hope their supporters enjoy the occassion whatever the result.

I'll be in Waxy O'Connors in London instead of Croker sadly but I'll be glued to it as usual kicking every ball with the boys in green and eating my nails and fingers to the stump.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

DuffleKing

Best of luck to the wee county - would love to see ye do it.

Tried really hard not to post it but feck it... can't see anything other than a very comfortable meath win.

Louth Exile

Nerves are well and truely shot! Heading off to Oxegen today to try and distract myself! Great to see the good wishes from the orchard men, I heard that Cross is awash with the colours, in fairness there was enough of us who jumped on their bandwagon in 02. Bit disappointed with the lack of well wishes from some Farney gaels that I know well, as we will be shouting for them next week, a well, I assume they are in the minority. Was wondering would we attract some new Lu posters with the final, the way that I believe the board was filled with Armagh and Tyrone posters with their rises to the top. We have one in genuine exile and another Ardee man to join ML. I think that your comments on Fitzer are wide of the mark and illjudgeded MR! The one thing we have all craved is a bit of success in Leinster, above all else and you cannot argue that he has achieved this and with a team who by their own admission know they are not the most talented that we have had in the last 20 years. He brings massive enthusiasm, has them in great shape and the Kildare performance has to be the best that I have ever seen from any Louth team. He does seem to be aware of his own deficiences and has assembelled a very capable back room team that deals with this. So be positive and give credit where due. What more could our midfield have done to date? This will undoubtedly be their biggest test and even the bandwagon can see that they are vital if we are to have any chance of winning. Just as the Meath lads are glad to see him back, I would prefer not to see Crawford playing! Anyway the Royals deserve to be favourites, but I hope our lads can channel everything into the ultimate performance and make us all proud! I hope that there also arent too many gobshites in the support on both sides, that we all respect each other and enjoy a super game of the proper direct football that both sides play. God willing at the end of it all we bring Delaney back over the Boyne! AN LU ABU :-)
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Louth Exile

Wonderfull comments about Charlie and the men of 57 ML, if our nerves are shot can you imagine how Charlie is feeling! Would be fantastic for them to see it happen once more. I am bringing my Meath clan to the game and really looking forward to that :-D My Dad has the privilege of bringing Jimmy Mc Donnell as his guest, Class. Hopefully we will all meet up on the Hallowed turf for the celebrations!   
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Redhand Santa

All the best to Louth. Would love to see you's do it tomorrow.

Hardy

pkerin

So I have my Guinness ready and chilled in the fridge, have my Irish breakfast ready to go... the game starts at 9am where I live and I cant get to a bar to watch it live.. so I will have to listen to RTE on the net, eat drink and please god be merry when Louth win the Leinster. My brother will be at the game, so I can call him for live updates. Very excited here with no one to share my excitement with. BOO HOO. I have all my Louth gear ready to go. Got my little Louth flag and my old jersey that I really don't fit into any more. Last night my 13 year old was wearing a Meath jersey.... Little feacker! He got it for Christmas form the Meath In-Laws. Like they knew or something. Any way how will Louth stop Meath's goal scoring abilities. I still cant believe they put 5 past Dublin. Was Dublin that bad or Meath that good?

agorm

Quote from: pkerin on July 10, 2010, 02:58:26 PM
So I have my Guinness ready and chilled in the fridge, have my Irish breakfast ready to go... the game starts at 9am where I live and I cant get to a bar to watch it live.. so I will have to listen to RTE on the net, eat drink and please god be merry when Louth win the Leinster. My brother will be at the game, so I can call him for live updates. Very excited here with no one to share my excitement with. BOO HOO. I have all my Louth gear ready to go. Got my little Louth flag and my old jersey that I really don't fit into any more. Last night my 13 year old was wearing a Meath jersey.... Little feacker! He got it for Christmas form the Meath In-Laws. Like they knew or something. Any way how will Louth stop Meath's goal scoring abilities. I still cant believe they put 5 past Dublin. Was Dublin that bad or Meath that good?

Check out this thread, you may get hints how to watch it online. Best of luck to Louth but, of course,  we're hoping for a Meath win.

http://www.hoganstand.com/Meath/MessagePage.aspx?TopicID=51597

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016