Mayo Football and Hurling - Discussion pages

Started by stephenite, November 09, 2006, 11:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosnarun

QuoteI doubt Kerry were expecting much to come from the Longford game last year yet look what they discovered!!

Had kerry lost to ling ford last year i doubt if one of them would ever have played for Kerry again. while losing to donegal is not quite that bad its not far off. and whayt now would the player not have the  'stomach ' for it . Stomach was never a problem under Maughan or moran .
and most of the rest of what you are saying is a twisting of conjecture to to cover  omahonies ass . Such as if he was worried about player being One year older why did he make the oldest? Captain. A manager lives or dies by his discisions. we have yet to see what the class of JOM, Tommy Lyons and Kieran Gallagher  is so far its one championship match played one lost. We can only discuss the matches we have seen not the future ones played on rock candy mountain.

yes there is a hint in what you are saying the managemnet are all at sea .

And before you claim i am politicaly motivated against the Blue shirt , should you care to , youll see i was ever aginst his appointment long before he was attched to the franco supporters but it is another stick to beat him with.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Fishead_Sam

Quote from: rosnarun on June 27, 2007, 05:11:48 PM
QuoteI doubt Kerry were expecting much to come from the Longford game last year yet look what they discovered!!

Had kerry lost to ling ford last year i doubt if one of them would ever have played for Kerry again. while losing to donegal is not quite that bad its not far off. and whayt now would the player not have the  'stomach ' for it . Stomach was never a problem under Maughan or moran .
and most of the rest of what you are saying is a twisting of conjecture to to cover  omahonies ass . Such as if he was worried about player being One year older why did he make the oldest? Captain. A manager lives or dies by his discisions. we have yet to see what the class of JOM, Tommy Lyons and Kieran Gallagher  is so far its one championship match played one lost. We can only discuss the matches we have seen not the future ones played on rock candy mountain.

yes there is a hint in what you are saying the managemnet are all at sea .

And before you claim i am politicaly motivated against the Blue shirt , should you care to , youll see i was ever aginst his appointment long before he was attched to the franco supporters but it is another stick to beat him with.

John O'Mahoney All-Ireland 1983, Senior All-Ireland Winnertwice, Senior All-Ireland runner-up twice, Helped out with Ballina wiining the Club All-Ireland, helped with Ballaghadeereen getting to the Mayo County Final last year, helped Brigets of Roscommon get to the All-Ireland Semi last year, got Mayo to the League Final this year just to name a few. Brought Leitrim to win the 1994 Connacht Final by beating Roscommon, Galway & Mayo in the same year.

Tommy Lyons managed Ballina to win a Club All-Ireland

Kieran Gallagher part of the management team to get Mayo to last years All-Ireland Final

The Franco supporting jibes are stupid you muppet, I suppose you are a supporter of the party who couldn't accept a democraticaly elected governement in free elections & started a murderous Civil War. A party that imposed a ban on condoms, harboured gun runners & fraudsters & hypocrites. Keep your insults to yourself for every one you have for us, we have a hundred for you.

Farrandeelin

For the love of Christ lads, leave the f*cking politics to the general discussion please. 
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Fishead_Sam

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 27, 2007, 08:01:32 PM
For the love of Christ lads, leave the f*cking politics to the general discussion please. 

Yes Farrandeelin but alot of the criticism of Johnno sounds more like its coming from Drumcondra HQ rather than Mayo fans with a problem with his Managerial talents.

ludermor

Sam you bring absolutly nothing but shite to this board

Fishead_Sam

Ludermore you just saying that because I disagree with you, how come you not giving out to Rosnarun for his political attacks on John O'Mahoney wrapped up in a veil of criticising the mans managerial skills, for Gods sake the defeat in the League Final was not so bad, agreed the fiasco V Galway was poor, but one Championship match & the man wants his head.

For you Rosarun sayig that Johnno or others who share his views are Franco supporters is ok but what I said was unacceptable. Sh!te is only sh!te when its something you disagree with it seems.

ludermor

sam you are so full of shit.
where did i disagree with you? i never brought up football at all. I have pulled up Ros on a few things the past few years and i dont agree with a lot he says. But i dont feel the need to comment on everything i see. I do agree with him that JOM taking the job this year and running (and getting elected) is a fiasco and fail to see how he can do the two jobs.
Why the f**k are you so concerned with what Ros says? Are you that fuckin sensitive?
Why do you feel the need to do a roll call of JOM credits , we all know what he has achieved, and prehaps he might do now if he gave it his full attention, do you feel that he is untouchable? And its not just one bad match, the league final was terrible.
Ros stop calling FG supporters Franoc supporters, its very rude (are ya happy now sammy)
And i stand over whta i said earlier , you are completely full of shit and you bring nothing to the board

Barney

Calm down.

For me JOM has to redeem himself over the qualifiers and over the next two years. His management this season has been negligent and his eye was clearly off the ball for the Galway game. That is understandable. It is not possible to run an election campaign, and be out canvassing with Enda Kenny the day before a major championship match, and expect everything to go ok. The County Board played politics to save themselves and to get their man. JOM got his job using Mayo football. Now he owes the people of Mayo. There's no point in going into the issues in detail until after the championship but the lack of organisation, lack of gameplan, failure to give one convincing performance this season and failure to address problems in the line-up are black marks that would have John Maughan hanging from the mall in Castlebar, and remember Mickey Moran was sent packing to Derry and personally insulted for a lot less.

And Sam, be the first Fine Gaeler to be gracious in defeat and acknowledge that the people voted Bertie back into power. And no figure fiddling - remember one Enda went on TV FFs figures went up in the polls. Period. End Of.

Good morning.

AbbeySider

Stop the childish personal attacks on each other guys.

You can have a discussion and disagree without running each other down and attacking each others character.

Davitt Man

rosnarun

in the spirit of 'boys stick together' and all that I take back every thing i said about JOM after all i do actually wish him welland I know he is a pround mayo man disote living in tte disputed east mayo region and one day hopefully we will seen JOhnno acheiveinghis lifetime aim of becomeiing Junior minister for boreens and fences.
Ill not mention the subject again
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Fishead_Sam

Truce so.

I see Austin O'Malley has picked up another injury. I really do feal sorry for the lad great potential but never seems to be able to shake his bad run of injuries.

Davitt Man

Quote from: Fishead_Sam on June 28, 2007, 10:21:24 AM
Truce so.

I see Austin O'Malley has picked up another injury. I really do feal sorry for the lad great potential but never seems to be able to shake his bad run of injuries.

He got injured in the Laois challenge game last saturday week and missed lousiburghs game last weekend.

Tubberman

Peace breaks out! ;)

McD has a hamstring injury as well, and JOM said he will be out for a few weeks so we're unlikely to see him against Cavan. Is AOM's injury bad? I think I read that he should be ok for Cavan game.
I wonder will we see David Kilcullen against Cavan - reports say he's been impressive in the challenge games so far.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Davitt Man

Quote from: Tubberman on June 28, 2007, 10:26:34 AM
I wonder will we see David Kilcullen against Cavan - reports say he's been impressive in the challenge games so far.

If David Kilcullen wasnt centre back for the u-21 team how can Johnno be thinking of putting him at 6 for the senior team!!!

Doesnt make sense really, i think its far too soon to see thie lad playing, needs more time