Leinster Senior Club Football Championship 2017

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, July 20, 2017, 09:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Here are the draws for the Leinster Senior Club Football Championship for 2017

Draws for all other grades are on this link:

http://www.laoistoday.ie/2017/07/20/draws-made-leinster-club-championships/
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Dave like the tv channel

They're all on one side of the draw there. Laois, Offaly, Kildare & Dublin.

Meath champs do nothing in the club championship.

SCFC

Think Rhode and Portlaoise are both a bit behind where they were a few years ago. Kinda started off fancying Rhode but I've swung back to Portlaoise. Whoever wins plays Moorefield.

BallyroanAbu

Portlaoise always seem to improve in Leinster and 2 years ago they should have drawn against the All Ireland Champions (who won the final pulling up). 

portlaoisekid

Incredibly tough draw on our side of the championship. If Portlaoise are to even get over Rhode they have to improve, I feel they will improve though. By all accounts they were back training hard a couple of nights after the final.

I'm eagerly awaiting as to how the fresh faces on this Portlaoise team deal with Leinster, Rhode are a huge step on anything in Laois.

Portlaoise so badly want another Leinster title but I just don't see it in them this year.

High Fielder

I'd agree with you there PK. In fairness, the two Dublin sides are probably Division 2/3 at county level in terms of standard. Your lads have a system and a togetherness that should be replicated in the Laois set up. At this very early stage, I'd have faith in Portlaoise to get us out of Division 4, purely because they have a system and a plan. I haven't seen that in Laois for years.

Don Draper

Quote from: High Fielder on October 24, 2017, 10:32:37 AM
I'd agree with you there PK. In fairness, the two Dublin sides are probably Division 2/3 at county level in terms of standard. Your lads have a system and a togetherness that should be replicated in the Laois set up. At this very early stage, I'd have faith in Portlaoise to get us out of Division 4, purely because they have a system and a plan. I haven't seen that in Laois for years.
Debating whether Portlaoise would be better than Laois. We're definitely in post season.

High Fielder

That wasn't my point. My point was that Portlaoise are better drilled, have a system in place and are a more together bunch. But take from it what you will.

Don Draper

Quote from: High Fielder on October 24, 2017, 10:40:32 AM
That wasn't my point. My point was that Portlaoise are better drilled, have a system in place and are a more together bunch. But take from it what you will.
Of course they are better drilled, they're a club team with a manager in situ for the past 3 years. The Laois seniors are a shambolic outfit with no discernible system due to lack of a decent manager for about 5 or 6 years. They're a more together bunch because they're a club team whose players have a history in recent years of committing to their club team rather than the county side. Also Portlaoise players get to play for a team thats dominant in their competition, Laois players get to train their bolloxes off for shite managers and the pleasure of being run roughshod over inevitably by Dublin. Its a ridiculous comparison. Lets take Portlaoise and drop them in Division 2 of the NFL for a few years and see how they fare. Wait, thats ridiculous.

High Fielder

Good answer in fairness. Hard to disagree with a lot of that. In fairness to Portlaoise though, they've played that way for a  long time. They've tweaked the system in recent years to suit modern trends, but there's a consistency to what they do. They are comfortable with the ball in their hand first and foremost. I used to be disappointed at Portlaoise players not playing with Laois, and I accept your point that they are big fish in a small pond, bbut maybe it's that familiarity and sense of togetherness that makes it a better proposition.

Laoiseabu

To say that Portlaoise would get us out of division 4 is a bit of a wild statement. They are the best of a very poor bunch in the Laois club championship so let's not fool ourselves again.Just sayin

clonadmad

I must have missed out on the bit where Portlaoise won a couple of club all Irelands recently.

Completely disrespectful to the other Div4 teams to say this,You'd swear we had a history of success and had recently fallen on hard times to come out with something as arrogant as this.

Mark my words getting out of Division 4 will take everything we have and more.

This time last year,lads were expecting to climb out of division 3.

High Fielder

Quote from: Laoiseabu on October 24, 2017, 07:18:09 PM
To say that Portlaoise would get us out of division 4 is a bit of a wild statement. They are the best of a very poor bunch in the Laois club championship so let's not fool ourselves again.Just sayin

I didn't say that. I said at this early stage, because they are better drilled, I'd fancy them more to do it. I didn't say they would

High Fielder

Quote from: clonadmad on October 24, 2017, 07:24:43 PM
I must have missed out on the bit where Portlaoise won a couple of club all Irelands recently.

Completely disrespectful to the other Div4 teams to say this,You'd swear we had a history of success and had recently fallen on hard times to come out with something as arrogant as this.

Mark my words getting out of Division 4 will take everything we have and more.

This time last year,lads were expecting to climb out of division 3.

You've gone to another level there.

Laoiseabu

Clonadmad I'd totally agree with you. Surely after what has happened over the last couple of years people should be expecting the unexpected. Not getting out of division 4 is a possibility the way things have being going. Like if we didn't have Kingston we would probably not win a match in division 4 .