DUBLIN v TYRONE JANUARY 2009 CROKE PARK

Started by Canalman, September 29, 2008, 02:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: heffo on January 28, 2009, 06:21:18 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on January 28, 2009, 06:17:59 PM
Quote from: Hound on January 28, 2009, 05:41:18 PM
I think that's harsh on Bastic. He is tough and a clumsy tackler, so he is a yellow card machine. But he's never delivered a really dirty blow for the Dubs that resulted in a straight red.

O'Byrne Cup match last year (against Carlow I think) was a straight red and deservedly so if I recall correctly...

It was against Carlow alright down there, but if memory serves me correct he reacted to a dirty stroke moreso than he being the agressor (which I think was Hound's point)

Might be some truth in that but he deserved to walk and if he can't keep himself in check in the O'Byrne Cup in January...........
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

INDIANA

Quote from: AFS on January 28, 2009, 05:16:32 PM
I don't know why the Dubs supporters here are being so pessimistic. Maybe a lot of the comments are tongue in cheek, but there seems to be the definite feeling that the result of this game is a foregone conclusion. I think Tyrone will win, but by no more than 3 or 4 in a fairly high scoring game.

Are many Tyronies expecting many changes in defence from your McKenna Cup team? Perhaps it went a bit unnoticed by some but Tyrone have been very loose in defence in their first few matches this year with 0-16, 2-11 and 0-17 conceded. Maybe Dublin can get a bit more joy than they expect.

can't see it being high scoring. we haven't picked a team for that purpose. I've a fair idea how they will line out tactically and I'd be amazed if its high scoring

Kerry Mike

Just booked an auld ticket there on the internet yoke for Saturday night, 'tis always nice to see some of the smaller counties in action and as our main rivals in Div 1 'twill be nice to have a look at both teams, Dont know who I would rather see win, but yerra as a neutral I will enjoy it and you can never turn down a trip to Croker. 

Anyone who wants to buy me a pint is welcome......

2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Doohicky

Quote from: Kerry Mike on January 28, 2009, 07:54:22 PM
Just booked an auld ticket there on the internet yoke for Saturday night, 'tis always nice to see some of the smaller counties in action and as our main rivals in Div 1 'twill be nice to have a look at both teams, Dont know who I would rather see win, but yerra as a neutral I will enjoy it and you can never turn won a trip to Croker. 

Anyone who wants to buy me a pint is welcome......

If I see ya I'll buy ye a pint of water as long as you buy me a pint of lager in exchange. What with this funny money euro's I just can't afford a proper drink meself!  ;)

Aaron Boone

I saw them putting up the Tyrone & Dublin flags outside The Big Tree earlier.

Kerry Mike

QuoteI saw them putting up the Tyrone & Dublin flags outside The Big Tree earlier.

The Kerry one flying there since Sept had become a bit tattered, a bit like our dreams last September, but only 8 months to the All Ireland again....
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Fuzzman

Yeah I saw a few coming down the Malahide Road this morning & into Fairview.

There's a big Trad Festival in temple bar this week which closes up on Sat so I'd say town will we busy
templebartrad.com/

Tubberman

QuoteThere's a big Trad Festival in temple bar this week which closes up on Sat so I'd say town will we busy

Who are you telling... Went in for a look yesterday evening. Great music for getting the craic going! Not well at all today though  :(
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Buttofthehill

Quote from: INDIANA on January 28, 2009, 06:35:03 PM
Quote from: AFS on January 28, 2009, 05:16:32 PM
I don't know why the Dubs supporters here are being so pessimistic. Maybe a lot of the comments are tongue in cheek, but there seems to be the definite feeling that the result of this game is a foregone conclusion. I think Tyrone will win, but by no more than 3 or 4 in a fairly high scoring game.

Are many Tyronies expecting many changes in defence from your McKenna Cup team? Perhaps it went a bit unnoticed by some but Tyrone have been very loose in defence in their first few matches this year with 0-16, 2-11 and 0-17 conceded. Maybe Dublin can get a bit more joy than they expect.

can't see it being high scoring. we haven't picked a team for that purpose. I've a fair idea how they will line out tactically and I'd be amazed if its high scoring

you mean dropping 2 of the wing forwards deep? Maybe bring Conal out the field and leave Brogan and Jayo inside?

Doogie Browser

Going to be in Galway for the game, where is best pub for bit of craic to watch the game?  The Quays?

heffo

Quote from: Fuzzman on January 29, 2009, 11:50:24 AM
Yeah I saw a few coming down the Malahide Road this morning & into Fairview.

There's a big Trad Festival in temple bar this week which closes up on Sat so I'd say town will we busy
templebartrad.com/

Cover up the aul jersies if you're wearing them - drunken English stag parties are feted like Lords in these places - GAA fans in jersies tend not to be..

EC Unique

Quote from: heffo on January 29, 2009, 12:38:29 PM

Cover up the aul jersies if you're wearing them - drunken English stag parties are feted like Lords in these places - GAA fans in jersies tend not to be..

Typical but saddly true.. :-\

By the way this is now 43 pages about a league game that has not even happened yet :D :D

Fuzzman

Yer right ECU

Come on lads lets try to make the 50 before Sat night.

I hear Stevie O'Neill has retired again!!!!

heffo

Zapatista

Quote from: EC Unique on January 29, 2009, 02:34:53 PM
Quote from: heffo on January 29, 2009, 12:38:29 PM

Typical but saddly true.. :-\

By the way this is now 43 pages about a league game that has not even happened yet :D :D

Like my first ride, been talking about it for years. Hope I'm not to dissapointed :-[ :-[ :-[