Connacht SFC 2020

Started by Rossfan, October 26, 2020, 01:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Quote from: Cunny Funt on November 12, 2020, 07:46:41 PM
Anyone else finds it a bit annoying that Northern Ireland v Slovakia has 1,060 supporters in attendance in Windsor Park tonight while the Connacht final in Pearse Stadium on Sunday will have no supporters in attendance.
No.
I wouldn't be going to either game ;)
Probably better with no one going than the 2 Co Boards having to decide who gets the 500 tickets .
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Blowitupref

Quote from: Rossfan on November 12, 2020, 08:41:50 PM
Anyone else finds it a bit annoying that Northern Ireland v Slovakia has 1,060 supporters in attendance in Windsor Park tonight while the Connacht final in Pearse Stadium on Sunday will have no supporters in attendance.
No.
Probably better with no one going than the 2 Co Boards having to decide who gets the 500 tickets .

200 or 300 should be allowed to attend. As it stands only 26 from each panel are allowed to attend this provincial final on Sunday. With a crowd of 200 to 300 the extended panelists that have been training for months could attend and the rest of the tickets could be restricted to the family members of every player on the two 30+ panels.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

dublin7

Quote from: Blowitupref on November 12, 2020, 08:55:03 PM
No.

200 or 300 should be allowed to attend. As it stands only 26 from each panel are allowed to attend this provincial final on Sunday. With a crowd of 200 to 300 the extended panelists that have been training for months could attend and the rest of the tickets could be restricted to the family members of every player on the two 30+ panels.

We seen what happened in the club championships when they let crowds in, were some county boards were incapable or simply didn't bother implementing social distancing. Better to stick to the zero tolerance no fans approach

rosnarun

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on November 12, 2020, 07:55:18 PM
No, I'm just thankful (although I mightn't be by 2.45pm on Sunday!) that the matches are on and being played, if the price for that is no fans in the gate then so be it.
The GAA was slaughtered after county final season and they aren't in any position to get people in the gate given everything else that is shut and restricted in the country.
i'd be sorry for the 1060  who would have to watch that shite.
the criws#d isse has been accepted and weve move on , no point in whinging now
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

five points

Quote from: dublin7 on November 13, 2020, 10:46:49 AM
No.

We seen what happened in the club championships when they let crowds in, were some county boards were incapable or simply didn't bother implementing social distancing. Better to stick to the zero tolerance no fans approach

In our end of the country it was what went on in the pubs afterwards that did the harm.

Farrandeelin

Galway usually have their team named midweek. Why the sudden change for the Connacht final? Selection issues or fans issues with selections? Mayo will probably name their team tonight.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

An Fhairche Abu

Didn't name the team early for the final league match against Dublin either, team was named the day before on the Saturday.
Maybe the hiding Mayo gave Galway changed the policy on that because it had been out the Tuesday every week prior to that.

Blowitupref

Quote from: five points on November 13, 2020, 11:04:21 AM
Quote from: dublin7 on November 13, 2020, 10:46:49 AM
No.

In our end of the country it was what went on in the pubs afterwards that did the harm.
He's been told that on a number of occasions but continues to ignore it.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

MayoBuck

1. David Clarke - Ballina Stephenites
2. Oisín Mullin - Kilmaine
3. Chris Barrett - Clontarf
4. Lee Keegan - Westport
5. Patrick Durcan - Castlebar Mitchels
6. Stephen Coen - Hollymount/Carramore
7. Eoghan McLaughlin - Westport
8. Conor Loftus - Crossmolina Deel Rovers
9. Matthew Ruane - Breaffy
10. Kevin McLoughlin - Knockmore
11. Mark Moran - Westport
12. Diarmuid O'Connor - Ballintubber
13. Tommy Conroy - The Neale
14. Aidan O'Shea - Breaffy (C)
15. Cillian O'Connor - Ballintubber

weareros

Curious with Mayo why Darren Coen is no longer a starter. After Cillian he is the best point scoring forward. Despite the relative ease beating us, I still thought some of the shooting was poor enough. I suppose he and COC play same position so one or the other.

galwayman

Quote from: weareros on November 13, 2020, 01:26:08 PM
Curious with Mayo why Darren Coen is no longer a starter. After Cillian he is the best point scoring forward. Despite the relative ease beating us, I still thought some of the shooting was poor enough. I suppose he and COC play same position so one or the other.
Yeah with AOS playing 14 there's one less spot available inside now. O Connor is a guaranteed starter while Conroy offers something different in there.
Not a bad sub to have I guess

Tubberman

Quote from: galwayman on November 13, 2020, 01:46:05 PM
Yeah with AOS playing 14 there's one less spot available inside now. O Connor is a guaranteed starter while Conroy offers something different in there.

Lack of pace and inconsistency would be going against him. Conrory is lightening fast and a bit of an unknown quantity for opposition.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Tubberman on November 13, 2020, 02:07:16 PM
Quote from: galwayman on November 13, 2020, 01:46:05 PM

Lack of pace and inconsistency would be going against him. Conrory is lightening fast and a bit of an unknown quantity for opposition.

Lack of workrate tracking back is perhaps going against D Coen? What impressed me most about T Conroy in the last few games was how hard he worked off the ball and how he made a number of turnovers including a few in his own back line.

An Fhairche Abu

Galway team to play Mayo on Sunday

1 Bernard Power
2 Seán Kelly
3 Seán Mulkerrin
4 Johnny Heaney
5 Liam Silke
6 Johnny Duane
7 Cillian McDaid
8 Cein D'Arcy
9 Tom Flynn
10 Paul Kelly
11 Paul Conroy
12 Michael Daly
13 Ian Burke
14 Shane Walsh
15 Dessie Conneely

Don't know will that team start but we'll see.

GalwayBayBoy

Galway team to play Mayo on Sunday

1 Bernard Power
2 Seán Kelly
3 Seán Mulkerrin
4 Johnny Heaney
5 Liam Silke
6 Johnny Duane
7 Cillian McDaid
8 Cein D'Arcy
9 Tom Flynn
10 Paul Kelly
11 Paul Conroy
12 Michael Daly
13 Ian Burke
14 Shane Walsh
15 Dessie Conneely

Some very tidy footballers on that team but not a lot of pace bar a couple of individuals.