Tall Dark and O hAilpin

Started by dodo, January 18, 2007, 10:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodo

the green man

Thanks for that. Forgot all about it

An Gaeilgoir

They seem like nice lads,very driven in their sport and fair play to them. Just one question there doesnt seem to be any mention of their father at all.....

dodo

Light viewing. Interesting, but wasn't told anything new.

Poor old Aisaka didn't get to say much. Didn't hear any mention of the other brother Theo who was rumoured at one stage to have gone to Clare to get some county recognition.

They come accross as sincere sound men, especially Sean og.

Programme not up to the standard set by Pat Comer in his 'A Year 'til Sunday'.

the green man

Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on January 18, 2007, 11:02:31 PM
They seem like nice lads,very driven in their sport and fair play to them. Just one question there doesnt seem to be any mention of their father at all.....

He's from Fermanagh. Would you brag about it?

FermPundit

no need to slag off the erne county!!
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

the green man

some of my best friends are from Fermanagh!

FermPundit

We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

Jack Dempsey

makes me want to go training tomorrow night but no chance really, im a lazy bastard

ross matt

Yeah I noticed that there was little or no mention of the Dad. Sean Og came across as an intense driven athlete and a very genuine man. The other two lads seemed much more laid back. I would have liked to have gained more of an insight in to the actual training they did in the AFL but perhaps Comer was'nt allowed acess to that. Overall the programme made for mildly interesting viewing but as someone else said there was nothing new in it and you were kinda left wondering what was the point of it.

full back

Thought it was a decent show, considering some of the stuff they put on the box. Sean og came across as being a modern day hero! Would have rather it concentrated on sport rather than waxing on about family etc.
Setanta & Aisaka (sp) have tanked up big time, if and when they come back to play hurling for their club they will be swatting boys aside with ease.

lynchbhoy

thought it was very enjoyable
the father prob just doesnt like the limelight

all nice well grounded lads but sports 'driven' as you say

GrandMasterFlash

I thought it was a great show, light-hearted, informal and educational also to see how the people on the island of Rotuma live.

Of course there was point in it, you would have to seriously question 99.5% of all TV broadcasts if you thought it was pointless! Sean Óg did mention the Dad alright as I was wondering leading up to it why he hadn't been mentioned. The seem like very honest and motivated lads. There 'matter of fact' attitude towards their respective sport and life in general was great to hear. Sean Óg seems quite spiritual in his take on the whole thing too.

9/10!

youbetterbelieveit

ya the show was reasonably entertaining, agree with most comments above that there was nothing new that we didnt already know. Sean Og is definitely a supreme athlete, and you could see if he had gotten the chance that setanta and aisake got with aussie rules, he would have jumped at it.

Couldn't believe how much the two boys have bulked up, if they do come back they would be awesome players for cork.

could definitely see with setanta also, that he was really driven in making sure he is a success,

Border Fox

It was fairly light viewing, but they're very interesting characters - Its interesting to note that the younger two consider Seán Óg to be the most professional out of them.

Did anyone else notice that Seán Óg semmed to speak Fijian (Rotuman?) in a Cork accent?!