Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeepers Creepers

I'd settle for 'The Hoppy Dobbins arena' Capacity 25k.

whatwillbwillb

Quote from: bannside on February 23, 2021, 08:22:08 AM
Note to WhatwillB. I can say with total 100% certainty that Antrim have not sold the naming rights of Casement Park.
That's from the very highest authority.

You're totally in the wrong paddock Bannside, never once said it was to do with the stadium or the naming of it. Come on I credit you with more intelligence, and highest authority !  Please  :)

bannside

I really am genuinely struggling to keep up with what you're saying. I asked four very simple questions yesterday, and haven't got an answer. Please keep it simple so that I can keep up. Or pm me if you want....anything.... but please no more riddles!

JimStynes

I haven't a clue what is going on with all these riddles. Just come out with it ffs

paddyjohn

Riddle me this and riddle me that.

Say what you mean and mean what you say!

NAG1

Quote from: paddyjohn on February 23, 2021, 10:25:30 PM

Hasn't a clue what he is on about on any level of this discussion. Therefore refers to innuendo and riddles trying to hide this.

Most people are aware of the mistakes made around the closing of the ground, which to some extent could have been avoided.

The debate has moved on now and it should be about how we now get this project moving and get the groundworks moving. The damage is done in terms of access etc which I argued about at the time, but we need something in place so we go ahead with the overall plan.

Cranfield

I totally agree that a revised smaller scale stadium to meet the current budget would more than please the Gaels of Antrim.

But I think a lot are missing the point here.

Unless the new stadium can hold 34,000 to host the Ulster Final, then it's not a project that interests Ulster GAA.

Antrim GAA do not own Casement any more so with no tenure over the current site what say do we actually have in how the £70 million is spent?

Even if the DOC thought this was a good idea, I doubt very much it would happen.

I really hope I am wrong but there will not be any other show in town.

whatwillbwillb

Quote from: NAG1 on February 24, 2021, 09:05:08 AM
Quote from: paddyjohn on February 23, 2021, 10:25:30 PM

Hasn't a clue what he is on about on any level of this discussion. Therefore refers to innuendo and riddles trying to hide this.

Most people are aware of the mistakes made around the closing of the ground, which to some extent could have been avoided.

The debate has moved on now and it should be about how we now get this project moving and get the groundworks moving. The damage is done in terms of access etc which I argued about at the time, but we need something in place so we go ahead with the overall plan.

Well said NAG1, 6 companies made the final tender process with their teams working on the bids for months, engaging & meeting with all stakeholders including the residents etc to make their final bid at a reasonably large cost. For those out there that feel that this project can just pic up where it left off (or just make it smaller), just like those clowns in the big house did after 3 years sitting on their arse getting paid would be mistaken.
The project will have major variants from the original successful bid design so in short it will be no doubt Jr'd by a number of the losing bid teams. So we are looking at potential exemplar design re-issued for an open bid process again. In Norn Ireland that'll probably take at least 24months etc etc etc. Riddles & Innuendo -Please

Now we would be looking at stadium hosting major events, externally and internally like:

Concerts
Belfast Feile
Ard Fheis
Ulster Championship
Major Events/Conferences
Antrim Gaa
Advice Centre  ;)
SOCCER

So where do you think Antrim Gaa are going to sit in all that? Do you really think they are taking and making decisions about most of the above! Bit of theme running through some of those potential events also :o

Tyrdub

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 27, 2021, 10:49:07 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on January 27, 2021, 08:52:27 PM
couple of pEople have spotted St Johns footballers training at Queens - must THink they are invisible!

Queens have no posts up, have you any photos of this or are you just hearing this?

just a wee tip for anyone thinking of training up at the Dub from this weekend on - don't. Security in place, cops will have a presence and confirmed they will be on standby to issue fines to anyone training in groups. The last thing the association needs is to give thon tr**p nolan any more ammo

paddyjohn

Where are these stories coming out of?

Belfast GAA man

70 million quid could get u a good really stadium. The finger needs Pulle out big timE .
Any teams caught training should b banned . Arrogance at its worst

Belfast GAA man

good to see club champ draws on MonDay - are they seeded?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on February 27, 2021, 08:36:48 PM
good to see club champ draws on MonDay - are they seeded?

Were they seeded last year?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

I thought they seeded them after st galls ended up playing them in a preliminary round one year.

Calm Down

Do we have an agreed format for the championship this year

Oh and MR2 can't wait to see some of the calls with the new penalty rule  ;) ;), think I might start a security firm to accompany refs to and from games