The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heganboy

Quote from: whitey on November 12, 2014, 07:59:24 PM

When the one dissenter you mention is one of the most brilliant legal minds in the country and rabid supporter of the Democratic agenda, I think his dissent holds a little more weight than your or mine opinion.

Why do you think that now?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

whitey

Quote from: heganboy on November 12, 2014, 09:05:02 PM
Quote from: whitey on November 12, 2014, 07:59:24 PM

When the one dissenter you mention is one of the most brilliant legal minds in the country and rabid supporter of the Democratic agenda, I think his dissent holds a little more weight than your or mine opinion.

Why do you think that now?

I dont understand your question?

whitey

Quote from: muppet on November 12, 2014, 08:51:35 PM
Quote from: whitey on November 12, 2014, 07:42:58 PM
Quote from: muppet on November 12, 2014, 07:16:27 PM
QuoteI'm not a legal expert, but at a minimum, I would expect them to go after him for perjury, conspiracy and fraud all of which carry very hefty penalties

For a lack of transparency and for calling voters stupid.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

But go on.

Let's start with the perjury. Explain how he is guilty of perjury.

Its very complicated and I'm not a legal expert, but what I heard from a credible source,  is that he testified before a congressional committee at least once when they were trying to pass the law.

Theres an army of attorneys currently pouring over every word of his testimony to see if anything he said then, contradicts what has come out on the tape.

They will also suponea every email he ever sent or received to see if they can pin him with conspiracy.

My guess is that someone as sloppy as him has left a trail of breadcrumbs behind him

And that in a nutshell sums up Republicans. That is precisely how they view democracy. They either get what they want via a democratic vote, or they undermine a democratic vote and get it via other means.

Well if the "Democratic Vote" is based on fraud, deceit and perjury, the Republicans owe it to the American people to investigate it to full extent of the law.

(Would Obama have won re-election if all this was known in 2012??  Probably, but he would have had a hell of a more difficult time)

And you don't think the Democrats would do exactly the same thing if the roles were reversed

muppet

Quote from: whitey on November 12, 2014, 09:28:18 PM
QuoteI'm not a legal expert, but at a minimum, I would expect them to go after him for perjury, conspiracy and fraud all of which carry very hefty penalties

But go on.

Its very complicated and I'm not a legal expert, but what I heard from a credible source,  is that he testified before a congressional committee at least once when they were trying to pass the law.

Theres an army of attorneys currently pouring over every word of his testimony to see if anything he said then, contradicts what has come out on the tape.

They will also suponea every email he ever sent or received to see if they can pin him with conspiracy.

My guess is that someone as sloppy as him has left a trail of breadcrumbs behind him

And that in a nutshell sums up Republicans. That is precisely how they view democracy. They either get what they want via a democratic vote, or they undermine a democratic vote and get it via other means.

Well if the "Democratic Vote" is based on fraud, deceit and perjury, the Republicans owe it to the American people to investigate it to full extent of the law.

(Would Obama have won re-election if all this was known in 2012??  Probably, but he would have had a hell of a more difficult time)

And you don't think the Democrats would do exactly the same thing if the roles were reversed

You first said they are looking to see if he contradicted himself.

Then you leap into hyperspace from there to "the 'Democratic Vote' is based on fraud, deceit and perjury". Nothing like waiting to see if they find anything first. You have already made up your mind. Even though you can't point to anything other than an army of lawyers looking at transcripts praying to find a smoking gun. Which of course means they don't have one now. But again, you have made up your mind already.

The greatest irony is how brilliantly the Republicans get the low income, low education vote. Now that really is turkeys voting for Christmas, but they still do it all the same. Truly amazing.
MWWSI 2017

whitey

Quote from: muppet on November 12, 2014, 09:41:52 PM

But go on.

Then you leap into hyperspace from there to "the 'Democratic Vote' is based on fraud, deceit and perjury". Nothing like waiting to see if they find anything first. You have already made up your mind. Even though you can't point to anything other than an army of lawyers looking at transcripts praying to find a smoking gun. Which of course means they don't have one now. But again, you have made up your mind already.

The greatest irony is how brilliantly the Republicans get the low income, low education vote. Now that really is turkeys voting for Christmas, but they still do it all the same. Truly amazing.

We can debate till the cows come home-I guess only time can tell which one of us is correct

(And for the record, your'e the one who brought the conversation into hyperspace claiming Republicans are trying to undermine it a Democratic vote. I was merely responding to your allegation)

As for the low information voter.....google obamaphone video-LOL

muppet

Quote from: whitey on November 12, 2014, 09:51:08 PM

But go on.

We can debate till the cows come home-I guess only time can tell which one of us is correct

(And for the record, your'e the one who brought the conversation into hyperspace claiming Republicans are trying to undermine it a Democratic vote. I was merely responding to your allegation)

But you said this: "the 'Democratic Vote' is based on fraud, deceit and perjury".

As for low information voter, I never mentioned the phrase.

My comment was at the irony of how the Republicans, a party for the super rich, successfully persuade low income and low education voters to back them. It is comical really when you think about it.
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Quote from: muppet on November 12, 2014, 09:57:52 PM

But go on.

But you said this: "the 'Democratic Vote' is based on fraud, deceit and perjury".

My comment was at the irony of how the Republicans, a party for the super rich, successfully persuade low income and low education voters to back them. It is comical really when you think about it.
Especially when median earnings have been stagnant in real terms since the mid 70s
But the American dream is a very powerful motivator even if it's dead. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

whitey

Quote from: muppet on November 12, 2014, 09:57:52 PM

But go on.

Apologies....I'm back on the mobile and it's hard to read all this stuff

As for the LOW EDUCATION voter Google OBAMAPHONE video - LOL.

I'm seriously confused here.....you were the first one who uttered the phrase "undermine a democratic vote". Go back and read the thread

Exactly what democratic vote are they seeking to undermine?????

(I assumed you were talking about the 2012 Presidential Election-which in my view is now seriously tainted by the lies that were just uncovered. If the voters had been given full disclosure would they have voted the same way??)

muppet

'the lies that were just uncovered'.  :D

The ones that an army of lawyers are still looking for and that you can't point to?

This isn't exactly Geroge W. Bush territory is it?
MWWSI 2017

deiseach

"Alan Dershowitz, the very far left Harvard Law professor". Given his support for torture, I suppose he is on the far left - in the same way Stalin was.

screenexile

Always good to see Fox put in their place with a simple argument. . . more people having healthcare is better is it not?

http://crooksandliars.com/2014/11/angus-king-shames-fox-friends-are-you

Canalman

Think history will view the Obama presidency favourably. From what I can see he will leave the USA in a better place economically than when he arrived and for that imo he deserves credit. Likewise Gordon Brown in Britian................ the right man in power at the right time and while he lost the election I get the feeling people in the UK only now realising how well   (compared to others ) he did at the time of the economic crisis.

Eisenhower, Nixon and even Reagan would probably not survive a Republican nomination process nowadays given its swing to the right.

whitey

Quote from: muppet on November 13, 2014, 07:57:45 AM
'the lies that were just uncovered'.  :D

The ones that an army of lawyers are still looking for and that you can't point to?

This isn't exactly Geroge W. Bush territory is it?

The whole legislation was based on a lie-and now we have the smoking gun.

What the army of lawyers are looking for is evidence of PERJURY-lying under oath.

Not to mention Obamas famous quote from the last election (which has already proven to be bullshit)

"If you like your plan you can keep your plan. PERIOD"

How is government run healthcare working for you guys in Ireland??? Last time i checked it was an unmitigated disaster

(As for George W Bush if you want to discuss the war in Iraq, please start another thread and I will be happy to discuss it with you. In fact I will probably agree with you on 90% of your points.)

whitey

Quote from: Canalman on November 13, 2014, 10:09:08 AM
Think history will view the Obama presidency favourably. From what I can see he will leave the USA in a better place economically than when he arrived and for that imo he deserves credit. Likewise Gordon Brown in Britian................ the right man in power at the right time and while he lost the election I get the feeling people in the UK only now realising how well   (compared to others ) he did at the time of the economic crisis.

Eisenhower, Nixon and even Reagan would probably not survive a Republican nomination process nowadays given its swing to the right.

LOL-Its not April 1st!!!

Canalman

Quote from: whitey on November 13, 2014, 10:13:22 AM
Quote from: Canalman on November 13, 2014, 10:09:08 AM

LOL-Its not April 1st!!!

No. Just a differing opinion Whitey. We can agree to disagree so.