TG4 biggest audience ever

Started by magickingdom, May 01, 2007, 03:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Cloch Scoilte

Fair point magickingdom,
but the games being on RTÉ 1or2 is not going to have an affect on the size of the crowd at the game, if anything it would take away from it to make it a non-event.
The root of the problem lies with the GAA marketing team. Everyone seen what a fantastic job they could do with the crowd it attracted to the Dublin-Tyrone game. Why can they not market the finals in the same manner played on the one weekend in Croker?

tayto

The hurling in Semple makes sense to me, just need to give it a bit of advertising and i bet they could have filled it.

balladmaker

Quotethink the gaa should demand that national league finals be carried on rte1 or 2.

Why??? Sure isn't TG4 as widely available as RTE?  What is your reasoning for only having big games on RTE?  Is it because of the language the game is being broadcast in?

If so, then the problem resides with the person who can't understand Irish, as opposed to it being broadcast in Irish.

As for TG4, it is probably one of the stations I watch the most, some of their documentaries are excellent.

An Cloch Scoilte

Quote from: balladmaker on May 02, 2007, 02:41:09 PM

As for TG4, it is probably one of the stations I watch the most, some of their documentaries are excellent.

I agree balladmaker!
TG4 has some of the best programmes on TV. I think that a few of the posters are anti-Irish speaking by the way some of the comments are spouting about on this board.

Either learn the language and be a true Gael, or say nothing at all!!

magickingdom

Quote from: An Cloch Scoilte on May 02, 2007, 02:47:22 PM
Quote from: balladmaker on May 02, 2007, 02:41:09 PM

I agree balladmaker!
TG4 has some of the best programmes on TV. I think that a few of the posters are anti-Irish speaking by the way some of the comments are spouting about on this board.

Either learn the language and be a true Gael, or say nothing at all!!

my point is been misunderstood. i think tg4 is an excellent station. i would be making the same point if the league finals were been shown on setanta or tv3. would you be happy enough if the ai finals were shown on setanta/tg4/tv3. they need to make an 'institution' out of the league finals like the ai finals. no one even knows what date next years national league finals are on never mind where they'll be played..

Rossfan

Maybe it's time you started to learn a bit of Gaeilge a Thóig do Chúilíni.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Armaghtothebone

Quote from: Rossfan on May 02, 2007, 09:33:54 PM
Maybe it's time you started to learn a bit of Gaeilge a Thóig do Chúilíni.

In todays digital T.V age surely its not beyond the wit of Tg4 to broadcast both in Irish and English?
I know its an Irish language chanel but its also a commercial entity.An English sideband might see their numbers creep up.

An Cloch Scoilte

Quote from: Armaghtothebone on May 02, 2007, 10:06:47 PM

In todays digital T.V age surely its not beyond the wit of Tg4 to broadcast both in Irish and English?
I know its an Irish language chanel but its also a commercial entity.An English sideband might see their numbers creep up.

You're not that bright are you armaghtothebone???

What would the point in that be?

The whole point of broadcasting in Irish is to spread the language! Broadcasting in English would be like having another Channel like RTÉ1or2!!

Anois éirigh as do thón agus gabh agus foghlaim an teanga!!!!

Fíor Gael

Quote from: An Cloch Scoilte on May 03, 2007, 10:48:53 AM
Quote from: Armaghtothebone on May 02, 2007, 10:06:47 PM

You're not that bright are you armaghtothebone???

What would the point in that be?

The whole point of broadcasting in Irish is to spread the language! Broadcasting in English would be like having another Channel like RTÉ1or2!!

Anois éirigh as do thón agus gabh agus foghlaim an teanga!!!!

Maith thú An Cloch scoilte, agus seo an chead ceacht don lucht na foghlaimeoir;

an liathróid - the ball
an réiteoir - the refree
an cúl báire - the goal keeper
cúl - goal
cúilín - point
thar an trasna - over the bar
rófhada ar clé - to far to the left (wide)
rófhada ar dhéis - to far to the right ( also wide)

5 Sams

QuoteMaith thú An Cloch scoilte, agus seo an chead ceacht don lucht na foghlaimeoir;

an liathróid - the ball
an réiteoir - the refree
an cúl báire - the goal keeper
cúl - goal
cúilín - point
thar an trasna - over the bar
rófhada ar clé - to far to the left (wide)
rófhada ar dhéis - to far to the right ( also wide)/

Bh'fheidir gur ceart na focail seo a bhogadh trasna go dti an Snáth Gaeilge agus Ceachteanna laethúil a chur ar bun. Bhur mbarúil?

Agus mar focal scoir d'ár chairde igCúige Mumhan

Caid=Football

The Aristocrat Years

magickingdom

i see the aib league rugby final was on rte 2 this afternoon. bet you it got watched by thousands of people who just happen to watch whatever is on 1 or 2.... thats my point with the national league finals