The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Quote from: yellowcard on August 28, 2017, 05:48:44 PM
Quote from: Main Street on August 28, 2017, 12:21:54 PM
Then you're a mind reader.
Afaia, Colm Cavanagh is a tough combative player but never a scúmbag, so he has my benefit of the doubt.

It was about as blatant a red card as you're likely to see. The 'he's not that type of player' is no defence against the incident.

Indeed if that's not red with a hefty ban to boot we might as well do away with red cards. A disgraceful assault and fully intentional in my opinion.

Main Street

Quote from: BennyCake on August 28, 2017, 12:53:15 PM
Quote from: Main Street on August 28, 2017, 12:21:54 PM
Then you're a mind reader.
Afaia, Colm Cavanagh is a tough combative player but never a scúmbag, so he has my benefit of the doubt.

Whether CC is normally a dirty player or not, it's a red card all day long.
I said it was a red card challenge  .......  all day long.
A good player can make a very bad challenge, without premeditation.

rrhf

Games over lads. Colm not that type of player anyways.

omaghjoe

Quote from: BennyCake on August 28, 2017, 10:27:35 AM
All 3 pundits bottled it last night re: the karate kid. I expected McGuigan to defend him but not the others.

As for Harte staying as long as he wants, he should decide etc. That's nonsense. If the same logic applied, David Moyes would still be at Man U.

How's Brendan Donaghy ban going?

Cllr Willie Power

Laughing at all the Dubs going mad about the Colm Cavanagh tackle - there wasn't a word when Johnny Cooper did an even worse one back in 2015....

lenny

Quote from: Cllr Willie Power on August 30, 2017, 02:20:25 AM
Laughing at all the Dubs going mad about the Colm Cavanagh tackle - there wasn't a word when Johnny Cooper did an even worse one back in 2015....

There was,... fom tyrone fans. Which shows how hypocritical they are because these same fans can now try and deflect attention away from the thuggish challenge by cavanagh which was undoubtedly worthy of a red card.

Franko

Quote from: lenny on August 30, 2017, 06:50:42 AM

There was,... fom tyrone fans. Which shows how hypocritical they are because these same fans can now try and deflect attention away from the thuggish challenge by cavanagh which was undoubtedly worthy of a red card.

Ah I wouldn't pay these sort of fans much heed.  These are the sort of brainwashed fools that defended the likes of Philip Jordan and Tiernan McCann.  Give the opinions of these people the consideration they deserve... and ignore them.  Proper Tyrone football people know the craic... ie. the people who had been to a football match prior to 2003.

Gaffer

Quote from: Franko on August 30, 2017, 07:56:56 AM

Ah I wouldn't pay these sort of fans much heed.  These are the sort of brainwashed fools that defended the likes of Philip Jordan and Tiernan McCann.  Give the opinions of these people the consideration they deserve... and ignore them.  Proper Tyrone football people know the craic... ie. the people who had been to a football match prior to 2003.

Eh?  What did Jordan do?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Mayo Border

Sean Cavanagh on Sunday Game tonight. Start of a career of a new pundit. Will he have an agenda like most of the others? Let's wait and see

Shamrock Shore

Hope they don't get him fixated on triangles like poor aul Cake Curran who never was brought back after his stunning discovery!

Mayo Border

Sean
Any comment on the kick to the stomach of Brian Fenton by your brother Colm, last week?

yellowcard

Only a matter of time before Brolly is laughing and joking around with him once he becomes part of the brotherhood.

Brick Tamlin

Just another dose to add to the roster of former player doses who wont get off fence or say anything for fear of offending others.

Aristo 60

Quote from: yellowcard on September 10, 2017, 10:57:43 PM
Only a matter of time before Brolly is laughing and joking around with him once he becomes part of the brotherhood.

Nah - two Nordies on screen at once would be too much for the southern viewers never mind the Donnybrook decision makers.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Gaffer on September 05, 2017, 04:55:44 PM
Quote from: Franko on August 30, 2017, 07:56:56 AM

Eh?  What did Jordan do?