1 (1%)
Other Hurling
0 (0%)
Other Football
2 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 98

his holiness nb

Quote from: Boozehell on July 30, 2007, 01:54:20 PM
I'm afraid to say it but in my opinion it has to be the Dubs cause everytime the progress further in the competition they demand that their game be the only game be played at Croke Park that day.  They feel that tehir day should'nt be shared with some second rate compeition like an All Ireland Hurling Semi Final.

Which fans demanded this Boozehell?  :-\
This was a decision by the GAA to maximise income.
What a stupid post  :o

Ask me holy bollix

Boozehell

Quote from: Bod Mor on July 30, 2007, 04:31:16 AM
Quote from: Fishead_Sam on July 29, 2007, 11:56:13 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 29, 2007, 08:54:43 PM
I hear ye're losing one of ye're stolen players -Pearse Hanley going to Brisbane Lions. It's a drastic step to take to avoid having to play for ye lot   ;D

I seriously hope your pulling the piss Rossfan, because if its true I have decied that not alone should the GAA sever all links with the AFL, but I would call for Ireland to end diplomatic relations with Australia & both the E.U. & U.N. to impose an entire political, military & economic embargo on Australia.

Wouldn't surprise me at all. I've seen in the papers over here how they describe Ireland as a "breeding" ground for potential future AFL stars. Something needs to be done fairly fast or there'll be a lot of Hanley's leaving every county for the AFL!

Unfortunately I have to disagree with you both the AFL do not steal our players.  Like my own county Down Martin Clarke an up and coming star of the future was given an opportunity to play in another country.  They didn't just walk into it they had to go through trials and then rigorous training to prove they are fit to play the game.  I'm afraidpeople who bad mouth things like this just proves that they are jealous and bitter because they never got the opportunity or were never good enough to play the game in the first place.
Down GAA to the last.

his holiness nb

Care to answer my last question re the Dublin fans "demands" ?
Ask me holy bollix

Boozehell

Quote from: his holiness nb on July 30, 2007, 02:04:11 PM
Quote from: Boozehell on July 30, 2007, 01:54:20 PM
I'm afraid to say it but in my opinion it has to be the Dubs cause everytime the progress further in the competition they demand that their game be the only game be played at Croke Park that day.  They feel that tehir day should'nt be shared with some second rate compeition like an All Ireland Hurling Semi Final.

Which fans demanded this Boozehell?  :-\
This was a decision by the GAA to maximise income.
What a stupid post  :o

It has happened three times this year when Dublin was playing in the championship that the Dublin fans said they wanted to have the match in Croke Park as a stand alone game otherwise not as many Dublin supporters could not get to go to the pub or I mean game.
Down GAA to the last.

blanketattack

For success on the field, the most demanding are Kilkenny and Kerry.
For demanding that games start 15 minutes late so they can have an extra pint in the pub, Dublin.

his holiness nb

Are you for real?
Obviously the Dublin fans would prefer one off matches as they would get tickets easier, but thats hardly a "demand" that the GAA couldnt refuse?  ::)

And re it happening 3 times this year, Dublin have played 4 games so far, 3 of which had games on before them.  :-X
Ask me holy bollix

Rossfan

Quote from: Fishead_Sam on July 29, 2007, 11:56:13 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 29, 2007, 08:54:43 PM
I hear ye're losing one of ye're stolen players -Pearse Hanley going to Brisbane Lions. It's a drastic step to take to avoid having to play for ye lot   ;D

I seriously hope your pulling the piss Rossfan,

I saw it on Stolensheep from one of the Ballagh people who support their own County ::
I suppose there's not much chance he'd reconsider and  move to Frenchpark instead.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Hound

Quote from: blanketattack on July 30, 2007, 02:18:39 PM
For demanding that games start 15 minutes late so they can have an extra pint in the pub, Dublin.
Think you'll find that its the Gardai, not the Dublin fans who demand this.

Last time v Laois, they finally made the sensible decision and started it 5 or 6 minutes late, as always happens in Irish soccer and rugby internationals. In that way almost everyone is in when it starts and most of the rest are in within 5 minutes of the start. I did enjoy some of the late-heads coming in and looking bemused as the game had already started.

Boozehell

Quote from: his holiness nb on July 30, 2007, 02:20:41 PM
Are you for real?
Obviously the Dublin fans would prefer one off matches as they would get tickets easier, but thats hardly a "demand" that the GAA couldnt refuse?  ::)

And re it happening 3 times this year, Dublin have played 4 games so far, 3 of which had games on before them.  :-X

Anyway how would a Dublin supporter knows what goes on before a football match they are always in the pub till about 5.00 and anyway tiddlywinks doesn't count.
Down GAA to the last.

his holiness nb

Quote from: Boozehell on July 30, 2007, 02:32:18 PM
Anyway how would a Dublin supporter knows what goes on before a football match they are always in the pub till about 5.00 and anyway tiddlywinks doesn't count.

This guy is fast becoming my favourite poster  :-* :-* :-*
Ask me holy bollix

Captain Scarlet

i'd say kerry football.
kilkenny hurlers obviously too but their demands are more often than not met.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

MR JMP

Obviously the Dublin fans would prefer one off matches as they would get tickets easier, but thats hardly a "demand" that the GAA couldnt refuse?
[/quote]

Please explain this quote as I cannot understand why you would put a post like this.  This is unfair to any other county who has to play their games as a double header.

Hound

Quote from: MR JMP on July 30, 2007, 03:03:42 PM
Obviously the Dublin fans would prefer one off matches as they would get tickets easier, but thats hardly a "demand" that the GAA couldnt refuse?

Please explain this quote as I cannot understand why you would put a post like this.  This is unfair to any other county who has to play their games as a double header.
[/quote]
Cop on for chrissakes.

If Sligo v Cork or Tyrone v Meath was guaranteed to sell out Croker, then they would be standalone fixtures also.

his holiness nb

Quote from: MR JMP on July 30, 2007, 03:03:42 PM

Quite straightforward, this was in reference to a previous post saying Dublin fans DEMAND that they play in one off matches.
I said this was untrue but obviously from a Dublin fans point of view they would prefer this situation for the big games so tickets would be easier to come by.
Especially given the huge demand due to the million odd people in Dublin.

Now how this is "unfair" to the other teams who have to play in double headers is unclear to me, I never once said that they should be forced into a double header, nor have I ever complained when Dublin are put into double headers as has already happened this year.

What exactly was unfair about what I said???  :-\
Ask me holy bollix

blanketattack

Cork fans are very demanding in the bedroom.